GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE Diary of Susieblings Daughter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE Diary of Susieblings Daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are doing very WELL!
    AAD is a great forum and IMO the best legal team in the Country!!

Comment

Originally posted by Susiebling365 View Post

I just want to ask about this letter we received as we seem to get letters threatening more letters on default, and I m not sure on this. If it is a genuine default, what do I do next
      This is just a standard DN - you can ignore this, as Roger has said.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I think this diary method keeps everything neat and tidy, so I m doing it, Sorry for the posting elsewhere but took a while to decide course of action .

Co operative Bank

Type : Credit Card
        Date Started : 4th September 1997
        Approx Balance :£4301.58 as at Dec 2016
        Date last paid : January 2016. (full payment)
        Arrangement: paying regularly up until now
        Minimum payments and to date are being paid each month
        Account still with Co operative Bank
        January 16: Sent a copy of the agreement to Niddy and although its not a good copy regarding this as

February 17 Stopped the DD after much deliberation, and the need to take back control.
        May 3rd 17 Received Default notice, dated 18th April 17

August 2nd Received letters from Co op and Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd ( not heard of these) The account has now been sold to them. The debt is now owed to ALC5 but Link remains as servicer for the account. We are just filing this one away.
        Update of this account, Letters to say its been sold on. So I am just filing this away. Thanks to Niddy and Roger. I m starting to understand how things work.
        We are just a bit watchful of this one as Niddy sees this one as enforceable, Bit of a rubbish copy but looks like may have to make offers a bit down the line.
        If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Letters to say its been sold on. . . . . We are just a bit watchful of this one as Niddy sees this one as enforceable, Bit of a rubbish copy but looks like may have to make offers a bit down the line.
          So you've received a Notice of Assignment from the Co-Op to "ALC5" which says that Link Financial will be managing the account from now on.

A debt purchaser doesn't always have access to all the information held by the original creditor so don't assume that because the agreement the Co Op sent you was viewed as enforceable that the next business will have it or even if they do it may not be a legible copy.

This account was opened in 1997. Was there PPI on it?

There's also more to defeating a claim (hopefully things won't get that far) than just the credit agreement. They'll have all sorts of legal hoops to jump through including potential assignment issues.

It's too early to think about making an offer to settle.

Di

Comment

Thank you Di for that, its a learning curve for me , as my debt was not like this one. We have been tied up with property transfers, not being signed by ex, who is emigrating, so not been on here for a few days. Anyways, there are a few updates but I think , going by the above, they can just be filed away.
            If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Re: UE Diary of Susieblings Daughter

Lloyds Credit card

Started: 1998 ..
              Balance; Jan 2017 £3382.05
              Payments: Up to date and making the minimum payment
              January 26th sent CCA request and waiting for reply
              Account with OC Lloyds
              January 2017 sent for CCA but received nothing back so in default of CCA request
              February 19th Received Reconstituted terms ( had to research this) Sent to Niddy who said it was
              as not signed agreement .

August 17 Default notice received Account balance £3480.66. and arrears £422.32 Filed away

Just an update Lloyds issue a default notice. Filed away

Comment

I think this diary method keeps everything neat and tidy, so I m doing it, Sorry for the posting elsewhere but took a while to decide course of action .

Co operative Bank

Date Started : 4th September 1997
                Approx Balance :£4301.58 as at Dec 2016
                Date last paid : January 2016. (full payment)
                Arrangement: paying regularly up until now
                Minimum payments and to date are being paid each month
                Account still with Co operative Bank
                January 16: Sent a copy of the agreement to Niddy and although its not a good copy regarding this as

February 17 Stopped the DD after much deliberation, and the need to take back control.
                May 3rd 17 Received Default notice, dated 18th April 17

August 2nd Received letters from Co op and Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd ( not heard of these) The account has now been sold to them. The debt is now owed to ALC5 but Link remains as servicer for the account. We are just filing this one away.

August 17th 2 letters from Link Financial Out sourcing. The first one (no date ) They say they are entitled to immediate repayment of the debt but are giving her the opportunity to clear the debt by monthly instalments of £45.64 by direct debit. This letter also says that they have bought the debt

The second letter dated 17th just asks her to ring . Filed away
                An update received but we will file this away too

Comment

The third letter(s) is to do with the Cahoot /Sandander account. It is a current account that was attached to the credit card. The amount they are asking is £100.74 and they have assigned it to Moorcroft to collect.
                  My daughter did at one point try to pay this amount to Cahoot but it kept bouncing back to her now Nat West account so she gave up on it. Its a current account or was and I shall have to ask her to repeat what it was all about,She mentioned as it was some sort of "enticement" to bank with them.

Anyway its a current account debt so I will have to search around for how to deal with this, unless anyone out there knows about such "gifts" and how to deal with current account debts.

I ll come back on this one ... Thanks to you all

Comment

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of overdrafts?. We have just had a letter from Moorcroft acting for Cahoot. There was a current account attached to the credit card, and , with all the to- ing and fro- ing, there still remains £100.74. overdraft. The letter from Moorcroft threatens legal action and says

"Contact us now and we would be happy to discuss a repayment program.....In certain circumstances we may also be able to offer a substantial discount from the outstanding balance..

I just wanted to check this out , I know its not much and my first reaction is to just pay it. My daughter tried to when she moved accounts but for some reason the money kept returning to her new account. I v also read somewhere that current overdrafts are treated differently to Credit cards agreements.As Cahoot is deemed unenforceable, as we have had no agreement sent, and this is the attached current account .... what are your thoughts.. I don t want to jeopardise anything .

Thanks

Comment

Moorcroft are only collectors for another company on commission if they collect any monies
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Susie, you are correct on the enforceability of Cahoot. I would ignore for now. You say threats of legal action - do these include 'may'
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes... it says " if you don t reply , we may have no alternative than to recommend to our client "

I had Moorcroft onto me for a short while, very tacky note paper.....

So a little word like MAY, means a lot? together with the fact they are just collectors ?

So..... ignore this... it was the fact it was an overdraft that concerned me,

Thanks for that , much appreciated....my daughter doing much better now, just been awarded the house so having to sort that business out, and twelve months ago she was near suicidal.....

Comment

That's great news about your daughter. It's the little words that count when working out how much to panic and how to respond.

Comment

Woo hoo x
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Woo hoo x
                                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X