GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MKDP - BARCLAYCARD - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MKDP - BARCLAYCARD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKDP - BARCLAYCARD

I’m starting this thread for reference purposes, just in case!

I’ve just had a Notice of Discontinuance dated 16th December from MKDP for a claim they issued in May 2012!

Brief history, reduced income in 2009 Barclaycard wouldn’t assist my OH so I didn’t bother approaching them for my CC and then found CAG!

The last payment I paid was 9th March 2010, however they nicked £230 quid from my deposit account on 28th April 2010, under the ‘offset’ rule (I kept forgetting to transfer the balance from it!) Not sure if this would affect the Statute Barred date?

Debt did the rounds with Mercers, Calders, Credit Solutions, Power2contact.

CCA requested May 10 – response was that Regulation 9 of the 1983 regulations states for accounts opened before 19th May 1985 such as yours, we can send a copy of your current executed credit agreement. I only received a copy of Barclaycard Conditions dated Oct 2008.

Mercers issued NOD 14th July 10, date to rectify 31st July. The default wasn’t registered on Noddle until January 2011. The account was never on my CRA but was added when MKDP got involved.

Assignment notice from BC April 2011 to MKDP, then received a letter from Chilvers & Strachan June 11 which was a ‘Notice of intended legal action’. The next letter from them was in Oct 11 which was a sort of LBA, saying that the account could proceed to Court if I didn’t contact them within 7 days.

Claim issued May 12 by MKDP, they acknowledged my defence which I’d done with assistance from CAG and enclosed copies of letters they’d sent before.

Nothing more heard until Nov 14, Raven Recoveries wrote to advise that they were no longer managing the account for MKDP and the account was now being managed by MK Rapid Recoveries.

Statement of Account received April 15.

Notice of Discontinuance Dec 15

Re: MKDP - BARCLAYCARD

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
    I’ve just had a Notice of Discontinuance dated 16th December from MKDP for a claim they issued in May 2012!
    Better late than never

Plan B x

Comment

Very true!

Comment

Am I correct in thinking that the statute barred period remains as if the claim had never been issued?

My last payment was 29/4/10

Comment

I "think" so...but better wait for Niddy/PlanB/Elsa to get the answer.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Am I correct in thinking that the statute barred period remains as if the claim had never been issued?
            Yes that's right

Also if you'd already filed your Defence in 2012 then they can't re-issue the claim without permission from the court and they'd need a damn good reason. How much was the claim?

Plan B x

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation PlanB.

I think the claim was for about £12.5k

Comment

I have now become a member of Hoist portfolio club!

NOA received today,nothing unusual except the Robinson Way letter with it which gives several options to pay had the following paragraph like a p.s.

"We are aware that legal activity has previously been taken in respect of this account. Our client's solicitors, Howard Cohen & Co, will be applying to the court to change the name of the claimant to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd and they will write to you to confirm this once the process is completed. In the meantime, please contact us if you have any queries".

Just one query, as the claim was discontinued by MKDP surely there is no longer anything open for them to change the name of the claimant?

I'm going to copy this post on the Hoist thread too.

Comment

I have now become a member of Hoist portfolio club!

NOA received today,nothing unusual except the Robinson Way letter with it which gives several options to pay had the following paragraph like a p.s.

"We are aware that legal activity has previously been taken in respect of this account. Our client's solicitors, Howard Cohen & Co, will be applying to the court to change the name of the claimant to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd and they will write to you to confirm this once the process is completed. In the meantime, please contact us if you have any queries".

Just one query, as the claim was discontinued by MKDP surely there is no longer anything open for them to change the name of the claimant?

I'm going to copy this post on the Hoist thread too.
                  Did Jo deal with this for you?
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry Niddy, I thought I'd answered your question here!

I dealt with this one, when I was on CAG.

Comment

Sorry Niddy, I thought I'd answered your question here!

I dealt with this one, when I was on CAG.
                      I answered on the Hoist thread instead.

Comment

nothing unusual except the Robinson Way letter with it which gives several options to pay had the following paragraph like a p.s.

I had the same PS on the bottom of my NOA letter from Hoist.

It made me smile since it relates to my MKDP claim which was dismissed in court as irredeemably unenforceable last year

I sent them a copy of the court Order and got back a letter saying they were "deeply sorry for the inconvenience" and "unfortunately this information was not provided to us by MKDP". Well it should have been!

Plan B x

Comment

Robinson Way letter received - NO MINIMUM PAYMENT REQUIRED - AVERAGE PAYMENT PLAN £17 PER MONTH.

Nothing at all threatening just telling me all the good reasons I should pay them - No interest or charges so debt reduces, credit file will be updated showing reducing default balance and no more collection letters and calls.

Take control today, contact us before 26/2 to tell us what YOU can AFFORD.

I'll have to think about this for a nano second!

Comment

I'll have to think about this for a nano second!
                            So long?
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Latest Robbers Way letter 2/3

We want to work with you to agree an affordable arrangement based on your individual circumstances so we ask that you complete the attached financial statement detailing your income and expenditure and your proposed repayment off to us.

Or they may be able to agree a reduction in the balance and may allow me to pay this over three months. They would record my credit file as partially settled with a zero balance.

Another one to file for now, I think.

The gits are now using brown envelopes, very similar to the one's used by the courts. A bit daunting when you see it hanging through the letterbox!

Comment

Working...
                              X