GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MKDP - BARCLAYCARD - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MKDP - BARCLAYCARD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MKDP - BARCLAYCARD

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
    The gits are now using brown envelopes, very similar to the one's used by the courts. A bit daunting when you see it hanging through the letterbox!
    I did tell NCCBC that they should send more user-friendly summons/envelopes to minimize the trauma.

My first suggestion was to ditch the 'brown envelope' and replace it with one covered with flowers (think Flower Power in the 60s)

My next suggestion was the summons should be scented. I went as far as to recommend jasmine (my favourite calming smell).

Unsurprisingly they're not listening to my innovative ideas *sigh*

Plan B x

Comment

I like the thought of floral envelopes PlanB!

Comment

I've had another letter from RW today, not seen one like this before.

NOTIFICATION OF A CHANGE TO YOUR FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES

Recent activity on your credit file suggests that you may have made a significant payment to one of your financial accounts. In view of this, we would encourage you to contact us to agree an affordable repayment plan. We will take into consideration all of your current financial circumstances and offer you the best solution to manage your account.

Please contact us .................................etc

This, as far as I am concerned this is false information unless some generous secret benefactor has paid something for me that I know nothing about!

Comment

Alternatively, if you've made a significant payment to one of your financial accounts then you won't have any money left to pay them

Plan B x

Comment

Never thought about it that way PlanB but I won't bother telling them.

Comment

Robbers way have very kindly offered me a 50% discount to settle or I can tell them what I can afford and they'll try to work with me to find a resolution.

Bless!

Comment

How Nice of them or They have a warped sense of humor
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We have previously tried to contact you on several occasions about your account but unfortunately we haven't heard from you.

We want to help you find the right solution to help you clear this debt but if you don't contact us we can't set up a payment plan for you.

Typlcally, when a customer doesn't contact us we may consider the following options.

Refer to solicitors ...........................issue a court claim..............................blah blah blah

Report me to the credit ref agencies..........................blah blah blah (although it does state, if it is less than 6 years since the default date) it's probably around 7!

Contact me by any telephone numbers they hold on record and any they obtain from third parties and they may call work but they will only discuss the account with the named holder!

These options are the last resort before we take legal action we will tell you when we intend to do.

We would prefer to help you.................................etc.

Lots of love from Robinsons Way

Received this today (hubby's had one for his too)

I did check the date on the letter as it's April Fools!
                  Last edited by marypoppins; 1 April 2017, 18:36.

Comment

Good luck with that Robbo.x
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's what happens when you mention a debt on AAD

Comment

Working...
                      X