GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hughie's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hughie's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughie's UE Diary

Asda/Santander/Niceday
    Type of account - Credit card
    Date commenced – 11.2.2009
    Approx balance - £2,345
    Date last paid – 19/01/2015
    Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment but have now stopped
    Status – Default Notice 30.9.2014
    Account owner – Lowell
    HistoryAsda, then Santander, then Niceday

5.6.2014 Niceday agreed payment plan.
    15.1.2015 Niceday advised sold to Lowell’s
    10.2.2015 CCA request sent
    19/02/2015 Letter from Lowell’s advising they may not be able to get documents within 12 days as requested.
    3.3.2015 Letter from Lowell’s advising Newday “still trying to retrieve it from their archives” and account has been put on hold until they receive further info from Newday
    27.3.2015 Letter received from Lowells enclosing reconstituted version of CCA

Will upload for Niddy to look at.

Re: Hughie's UE Diary

MBNA
    Date commenced – Pre 2007 will need to check exact date
    Approx balance - £10,800
    Date last paid – 18.02.2015
    Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to MBNA but have now stopped
    Status
    – 3.11.2014 Default Notice

Account owner – Link
    History – MBNA

16.2.2015 Letter received from Link advising sold to them
    16.2.2015 CCA request sent
    21.2.2015 Letter from Link suggesting may take up to 30 days to provide cca.
    Last edited by Hughie; 2 July 2015, 10:30. Reason: error

Comment

MBNA
      Approx balance - £10,800
      Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to MBNA but have now stopped
      Status

Account owner – MBNA
      History – MBNA

14.9.2015 Letter from MBNA "Notice of Assignment Pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925" saying Link has re-assigned all of it's rights title and interest for this account including the right to receive payment,of the outstanding balance, all data has now been returned by Link to MBNA and all future correspondence should now be with MBNA.

Last edited by Hughie; 15 September 2015, 08:05.

Comment

Hi Hughie someone will be along shortly xx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

MBNA
          Approx balance - £10,800
          Status

Account owner – MBNA
          History – MBNA

14.9.2015 Letter from MBNA "Notice of Assignment Pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925" saying Link has re-assigned all of it's rights title and interest for this account including the right to receive payment,of the outstanding balance, all data has now been returned by Link to MBNA and all future correspondence should now be with MBNA.
          20.10.2015 Letter from Link saying that MBNA is unable to supply CCA.

Had a letter from Link yesterday with a cheque enclosed stating that MBNA is 'unable to comply with your request. We therefore return your fee payment of £1.00'.
          Not sure whether to cash the cheque or frame it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hughie View Post
            Not sure whether to cash the cheque or frame it.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

MBNA seem to have problems finding agreements.

what happened to the one with the CCA that you sent to niddy ?

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                MBNA seem to have problems finding agreements.

what happened to the one with the CCA that you sent to niddy ?
                If you mean the Asda one, that one was unfortunately not ue, they keep sending me not very good settlement offers (around 15% reduction, and I keep ignoring them.
                Last edited by Hughie; 22 October 2015, 12:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Hughie View Post
                  If you mean the Asda one, that one was unfortunately not ue, they keep sending me not very good settlement offers (around 15% reduction, and I keep ignoring them.
                  wise - keep up this stance
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Barclaycard
                    Approx balance - £11.800
                    Date last paid – 20.07.2015
                    Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to Barclaycard but have now stopped
                    Status
                    – 14.09.2014 Default Notice

Account owner – Barclaycard
                    History – Barclaycard

28.08.2015 Letter from Barclaycard saying account has been closed and transferred to PRA Group, letter enclosed from PRA Group inviting me to get in touch.
                    14.10.2015 Letter from PRA stataing that "... a settlement figure may be available to you...if contact is not made by 11.11.2015 this opportunity may end".

Ignored, haven't requested CCA yet, just stringing it out at present.

Comment

Barclaycard
                      Approx balance - £11.800
                      Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to Barclaycard but have now stopped
                      Status

History – Barclaycard

28.08.2015 Letter from Barclaycard saying account has been closed and transferred to PRA Group, letter enclosed from PRA Group inviting me to get in touch.
                      14.10.2015 Letter from PRA stataing that "... a settlement figure may be available to you...if contact is not made by 11.11.2015 this opportunity may end".

Ignored, haven't requested CCA yet, just stringing it out at present.
                      Just wondering about timing of a cca request on this one. If they were to suddenly send an lba would it be too late to request a cca, meaning perhaps I should request one now?

Comment

Send a CCA. Don't delay. Sent to PRA if Barclays have closed it.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

cca request sent today, thank you Niddy.

Comment

Barclaycard
                            Approx balance - £11.800
                            Status

History – Barclaycard

Ignored, haven't requested CCA yet, just stringing it out at present.Just wondering about timing of a cca request on this one. If they were to suddenly send an lba would it be too late to request a cca, meaning perhaps I should request one now?
                            Niddy advised request cca now.
                            7.11.2015 cca request sent.
                            13.11.2015 Letters from PRA ref my Barclaycard and my Egg saying action on hold as they have requested the required info from their client. Enclosed a standard printed form saying what they can and can't do if they are unable to come up with cca, also returned £1 postal order.

Is it usual to return the postal order like that? Why would they do that?

Comment

Asda/Santander/Niceday
                              Date commenced – 11.2.2009
                              Approx balance - £2,345
                              Date last paid – 19/01/2015
                              Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment but have now stopped
                              Status – Default Notice 30.9.2014
                              Account owner – Lowell
                              HistoryAsda, then Santander, then Niceday

5.6.2014 Niceday agreed payment plan.
                              15.1.2015 Niceday advised sold to Lowell’s
                              10.2.2015 CCA request sent
                              19/02/2015 Letter from Lowell’s advising they may not be able to get documents within 12 days as requested.
                              3.3.2015 Letter from Lowell’s advising Newday “still trying to retrieve it from their archives” and account has been put on hold until they receive further info from Newday.
                              27.3.2015 Letter received from Lowells enclosing reconstituted version of CCA, Niddy advised enforceable.

30.4.2015 Letter sent to Lowell offering F&F 10% of balance
                              5.5.2015 Letter from Lowell, said no to 10% but would accept 85%
                              16.6.2015 Sent 'missing prescribed terms' letter
                              19.6.2015 Letter from Lowell's stating that Newday have supplied them with a true copy of the credit agreement and although the copy credit agreement supplied did not include my signature they feel it satisfies their obligation. Also says that Newday would not have allowed credit facility to be opened or utilised without a signed application so say it satisfies their obligations under the consumer credit cat 1974. Asks me to contact within 30 days with payment proposals.
                              Lowell's have written about three times since then offering approx 15% reduction on full settlement and possible to pay by instalments which I ignored to see if they would come up with something better.
                              26.10.2015 Letter from Lowell's saying now passed to "Lowells Solicitors" (in house I guess) and all correspondence should now be to them.
                              Enclosed in same envelope letter from Lowell's Solicitors "Notice of Acting" saying they have been instructed by Lowell's and I must contact them to make arrangements to pay or advise of a valid reason for withholding payment. Said could pay by instalments and will not be asked to pay more than I can afford.

3.11.2015 Wrote with offer of £1 per month or 10% settlement
                              24.11.2015 County Court claim form received.

First of all, please note, just avoid confusion my partner Digby and I have almost identical Asda accounts and so this reads a lot like her thread, we haven’t had her Count Court claim form yet but anticipate its arrival any time now.

A few questions please. Can we use the CAB i&e forms that we used previously for other creditors, rather than the i&e forms from the County Court Business Centre claim form, as this would save quite a bit of time?

Secondly they seem to have charged us interest on the claim form, can they do that?

Thirdly, what will happen in terms of court action if they a) accept the monthly payment offer, b) refuse to accept the monthly payment offer? Under what circumstances will I get a CCJ, is that inevitable now?

Comment

Working...
                              X