GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hughie's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hughie's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hughie's UE Diary

Originally posted by Hughie View Post
    Asda/Santander/Niceday
    Type of account - Credit card
    Date commenced – 11.2.2009
    Approx balance - £2,345

24.11.2015 County Court claim form received.

A few questions please. Can we use the CAB i&e forms that we used previously for other creditors, rather than the i&e forms from the County Court Business Centre claim form, as this would save quite a bit of time?

Secondly they seem to have charged us interest on the claim form, can they do that?

Thirdly, what will happen in terms of court action if they a) accept the monthly payment offer, b) refuse to accept the monthly payment offer? Under what circumstances will I get a CCJ, is that inevitable now?
    I'm sorry to hear this.

No it's not inevitable that you will get a CCJ just because you've got a summons. If you have a good enough reason to file a Defence then you will get the opportunity to settle this using the court's free telephone Mediation service. Any settlement agreed remains private and there would be no CCJ.

If there is no Defence then you can settle it with a Tomlin Order with the creditor's solicitor, which means there will be no CCJ and no new information reported to the CRA (the original Default will remain but no CCJ).

The credit agreement may be enforceable because it's from 2009, but that doesn't automatically mean that there aren't any other potential flaws to consider. Was this account applied for in an Asda store, online or some other way?

I wouldn't leap to admit the claim on the MCOL form until we've taken a good look at the overall situation first.

Can you email me a copy of the claim form (N1) as a PDF using planb@all-about-debt.co.uk with a copy to Niddy using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk. Don't blank anything out as it's a perfectly secure email system.

Then will you start a new thread in the Legal Section here > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post461134

What is the date on the claim form?

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      I'm sorry to hear this.

No it's not inevitable that you will get a CCJ just because you've got a summons. If you have a good enough reason to file a Defence then you will get the opportunity to settle this using the court's free telephone Mediation service. Any settlement agreed remains private and there would be no CCJ.

If there is no Defence then you can settle it with a Tomlin Order with the creditor's solicitor, which means there will be no CCJ and no new information reported to the CRA (the original Default will remain but no CCJ).

The credit agreement may be enforceable because it's from 2009, but that doesn't automatically mean that there aren't any other potential flaws to consider. Was this account applied for in an Asda store, online or some other way?

I wouldn't leap to admit the claim on the MCOL form until we've taken a good look at the overall situation first.

Can you email me a copy of the claim form (N1) as a PDF using planb@all-about-debt.co.uk with a copy to Niddy using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk. Don't blank anything out as it's a perfectly secure email system.

Then will you start a new thread in the Legal Section here > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post461134

What is the date on the claim form?

Plan B x

Hi, thanks for your quick response, have emailed a copy of the claim form and the CCA. (Niddy has never examined this actual CCA for me but it appears identical to my partner's, Digby, which Nids deemed enforcable several months ago. Sorry, I got confused about which was which and thought I'd sent this one to you previously!).

The date on the claim form is 20th November. I think what I'd like to do is go back with an offer of £3 monthly payment, which is the amount previously accepted by Newday under my self-managed DMP, or a settlement of 25%, what d'you think?

I'm off to start a thread in the Legal section now.
      Last edited by Hughie; 25 November 2015, 14:03. Reason: missed a bit!

Comment

I'm off to start a thread in the Legal section now.
        Hughie's new claim thread is here > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post539204

Plan B x

Comment

Hugs xx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Barclaycard
            Date commenced – Pre 2007 will need to check exact date
            Approx balance - £11.800
            Date last paid – 20.07.2015
            Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to Barclaycard but have now stopped
            Status
            – 14.09.2014 Default Notice
            Account owner – Barclaycard
            History – Barclaycard

28.08.2015 Letter from Barclaycard saying account has been closed and transferred to PRA Group, letter enclosed from PRA Group inviting me to get in touch.

14.10.2015 Letter from PRA stataing that "... a settlement figure may be available to you...if contact is not made by 11.11.2015 this opportunity may end".
            7.11.2015 cca request sent.
            13.11.2015 Letters from PRA ref my Barclaycard and my Egg saying action on hold as they have requested the required info from their client. Enclosed a standard printed form saying what they can and can't do if they are unable to come up with cca, also returned £1 postal order.
            30.11.2015 ‘CCA’ received, uploaded

‘CCA’ uploaded for assessment please.
            Thank you.

Comment

Barclaycard
              Approx balance - £11.800
              Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to Barclaycard but have now stopped
              Status
              – 14.09.2014 Default Notice
              History – Barclaycard

28.08.2015 Letter from Barclaycard saying account has been closed and transferred to PRA Group, letter enclosed from PRA Group inviting me to get in touch.

14.10.2015 Letter from PRA stataing that "... a settlement figure may be available to you...if contact is not made by 11.11.2015 this opportunity may end".
              7.11.2015 cca request sent.
              13.11.2015 Letters from PRA ref my Barclaycard and my Egg saying action on hold as they have requested the required info from their client. Enclosed a standard printed form saying what they can and can't do if they are unable to come up with cca, also returned £1 postal order.
              30.11.2015 ‘CCA’ received, uploaded

‘CCA’ uploaded for assessment please.
              Thank you.
              Please email me a pdf - thanks.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Egg
                Approx balance - £4,500
                Status
                – Don’t seem to have had default notice for this one? Need to search thoroughly
                History – Egg/Barclaycard/PRA

14.10.2015 Letter from PRA stating that "... a settlement figure may be available to you...if contact is not made by 11.11.2015 this opportunity may end".

6.11.2015 cca request sent.

13.11.2015 Undated letter from PRA saying account on hold as they have requested the required info from their client. Enclosed a standard printed form saying what they can and can't do if they are unable to come up with cca, also returned £1 postal order.

27.11.2015 Documentation ‘CCA’ received along with letter stating that they’re waiting for more

30.11.2015 More ‘CCA’ ,uploaded for assessment

'CCA' uploaded today for assessment please.

Thank you

Ooh, Christmas smilies!

Comment

Can you please email me as I'm on phone and it's small. Thanks
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Can you please email me as I'm on phone and it's small. Thanks
                    Will do Niddy, currently grappling with software.

Comment

Have today emailed agreements for both Barclaycard and Egg in pdf format.

Comment

Egg
                        Approx balance - £4,500
                        Status

14.10.2015 Letter from PRA stating that "... a settlement figure may be available to you...if contact is not made by 11.11.2015 this opportunity may end".

6.11.2015 cca request sent.

13.11.2015 Undated letter from PRA saying account on hold as they have requested the required info from their client. Enclosed a standard printed form saying what they can and can't do if they are unable to come up with cca, also returned £1 postal order.

27.11.2015 Documentation ‘CCA’ received along with letter stating that they’re waiting for more

30.11.2015 More ‘CCA’ ,uploaded for assessment

25.02.2015 Letter from PRA saying they've purchased balance from Barclays and I must get in touch within 14 days to avoid moving to the next stage.

13.03.2016 Letter from PRA - described by themselves as a 'letter before claim' - saying account has been moved to 'Investigations and Litigation Department' and I must acknowledge and answer letter before 29.03.2016 or court proceedings will be issued against me.

30.03.2016 Letter from PRA saying last letter had typographical errors but they do not detract from the substance of the letter.

25.04.2016 Claim received

Comment

Egg
                          Approx balance - £4,500
                          Status

25.04.2016 Claim received

It's interesting to see PRA are not instructing solicitors to deal with this claim.

Start a new thread in the Legal Section here and work will get started > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post461134

Plan B x

Comment

Capital One

Date commenced – Pre 2007
                            Approx balance - 8000
                            Date last paid – April 2016
                            Are you on arrangement or not paying –
                            Was making reduced payment to Capital One but have now stopped
                            Status
                            – No default notice received
                            Account owner – Capital One
                            History – Capital One

Sent s.78 request

Letter from Capital One saying they won't comply with my request because my signature deosn't match, and requesting that I send a copy of my driving licence or passport.

Needless to say, I shan't be sending them a copy of my driving licence/passport as requested! How should I respond to this though?

Comment

Definitely don't send them copies of either of those! How did you sign the CCA request?
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Tesco Bank
                                Approx balance - £2000
                                Date last paid – February 2016
                                Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to Tesco Bank but have now stopped
                                Account owner –
                                Tesco Bank

History – Assigned to Moorcroft October 2016

I wrote and requested a copy of the CCA a year ago, and have had several letters from them saying that they can
                                t comply as my letter wasnt signed (I signed digitally). I wrote back to Tesco as per the template provided in AAD+ , and they replied insisting that they need a signature. I ignored.

I now have a letter from Moorcroft saying that the account has been passed to the Home Collections Division and that a representative may call at my home, is this likely to happen? Any advice on how to proceed would be much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X