GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fribourg's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fribourg's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fribourg's UE Diary

Hi guys, I promise I will make my UE diary as soon as possible, will try this weekend, being a single dad with 2 kids is a bit difficult sometimes to find that spare time we all need.

Ok, on the 2nd December I received this letter from Mackenzie

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... g/mh00.jpg

That is a master card from Barclaycard, I cant recall when I stopped paying it, was sometime in 2006, selon my credit report, shows defaulted in dec 06, last payment made was 1 pound token payment, and the actual balance is circa 4800.

So I replied to that letter with a CCA request, on the 3rd December.

Then on the 11th December I received this

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... g/mh01.jpg

Edited to add new links
    http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... g/mh02.jpg

I did scan the documents, and filed them on the papers box.

So the following day, the 12th December, I received this, and attached to it was my CCA request + the 1 pound postal order

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... g/mh03.jpg

My CCA request 12+2 days, is today the 17th, so my questions is, should I send the reminder, or just wait and see what they will came up with.??

Re: Mackenzie Hall

I'll answer with the same answer i see everywhere when this question is asked.

Once the 14 days is up and they have not sent a CCA, then the account is officially in dispute and you do not have to make any payments etc. They also shouldn't ask for such whilst in dispute. There are lots of templates to help if they do.

The account is in dispute and they cant ask for payment so why "kick the dog" so to speak ?
    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Originally posted by billypre
      Once the 14 days is up and they have not sent a CCA, then the account is officially in dispute
      Well, you see, they send me back my CCA request, including the 1 pound postal order, so how should I react to this??

Comment

Hi

They cannot comply by the sounds of things so just ignore this until such time you hear from them. In their last letter they clearly tell you that they have placed the account on hold and given their client (Barclays) 40 days to respond - so wait and see.

As they are outside the 12+2 days this is unenforceable so don't worry. Update us when you're updated yea?

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
          Update us when you're updated yea?
          Sure I will, thanks again for the help

Comment

Fribourg UE diary

Hi to everybody, a bit of background information first.
            All my problems started in January 2006, when one morning returning from work, (I was working nights) on a logistics department, I found my kids still in bed, and their mum wasn’t at all in the house, she left overnight, so wake the kids up, and took them to school. My ex decided to leave and never come back, so I became myself a single dad full time, so after a week, my job was gone, and the real money problems started, I couldn’t keep with the payments, so I wrote to all my creditors and offer them the one pound token payment,till my situation improve, and little by little all started to chase me, phone calls every day, letters etc.
            At the time, I didn’t even know that MSE and you guys and gals existed at all, so I did try to cope the better I could, but no success there. So the CCJs started to come in, 5 in all at the moment, One paid off, one was contested by the creditor after 3 months, I didn’t missed a payment, but at the end the court gave to the creditor the charging order they were looking for, and declared the ccj set aside and payment due forthwith, or something like that. The other 3 are still running.
            Then I found you guys, on MSE first, and now on here, and my life changed completely, and manage to see light at the end of the tunnel again, so thank you all for that.
            Ok UE dairy, here we go

Comment

Re: Fribourg UE diary

Barclaycard Visa

Started: June 1996
              Balance: 7314
              Last payment made, 1 pound token payment, 17th Jan 2007
              Not paying anything at all
              HFO chasing this

Jul 10th received letter from HFO requesting 10454.55
              Jul 17th received letter from HFO requesting 10463.95 including copy of my credit report, copy of land
              Registry, and threat of court action

Jul 20th sent CCA request
              Jul 23rd received letter HFO requesting 10485.10
              Aug 3rd sent CCA reminder
              Aug 7th received letter HFO acknowledging CCA request, said be patient, will take some time.
              Sep 6th sent CCA dispute letter
              Oct 28th received letter HFOr with copy of my application form, they said I requested that lol Now
              Didn’t realized I had received this till 12th December, was mixed with other paperwork
              Niddy said Unenforceable
              Nov 18th received letter HFO 72 Hour notice of litigation asking this time for 10761.40
              Dec 10th received letter HFO Schedule of litigation
              Dec 10th sent to HFO Threat-o-Gram Letter before Action
              Dec 14th sent to HFO CCA Query – Application form received letter

Niddy, all copies on the way to you

Barclaycard Mastercard

Started: Dec 1997
              Balance: circa 5000
              Last payment made, 1 pound token payment, Dec 2006
              Many chasing this

Nov 30th 2010 Letter from mackenzie hall, Doorstep Assessment, despite repeated efforts to contact you, we have stil not received a response therefore we may have no option but to sanction a doorstep visit to your property by our field collector, Meritforce, alternatively if judgement is granted bla bla important, if you are not the named person above please contact us quoting address ID xxxxxxxx to stop any further comunication.
              Dec 3rd 2010 CCA request sent to mackenzie hall
              Dec 9th 2010 letter from mackenzie hall, same doostep assesment letter but this time they've attached a copy statement of account produced by our client, required by the provisions of the consumer credit act 2006
              Dec 10th 2010 letter from mackenzie hall confirming receiving my CCA request,we have contacted our client for a copy of your agreement and statement of your account, your account is currently on hold, please be assured that no action will be taken against you, should we not receive the relevant proof from our client within 40 days we will close your file and return the file to our client, our client will then decide what step to take.

Aug 5th 2011 Letter received from CRS We have been asked to contact you regarding outstanding bill for Lowell Financial Ltd, account has been outstanding for some while please call to discuss bla bla bla.
              Aug 15th 2011 CCA request to CRS
              Aug 31st 2011 Letter from CRS Notice of potential legal action, all attempts to resolve this long outstanding debt have failed, our solicitors HL Legal Collections trading as Sampson & Co have been instructed to asses your account, so that we may commence legal action to have a CCJ against you bla bla bla.
              Sep 7th 2011 Reply to CRS of Legal action template plus copy of CCA and proof they've signed for it.
              Sep 10th 2011 Letter from CRS We confirm receipt of your query regarding the debt we have been in correspondence with, your query will be dealt in due course, please be assured that your file is now on hold until this matter is resolved, thank you for your co-operation, should you wish to discuss further contact the office, yeah right

As at this week, I didn't realise that this both were infact the same account, so it seems I CCAd 2 debt collectors for the same account, eh well

It is important to point out that in 2010 when the first CCA request sent to mackenzie hall the amount requested was £xxx9.xx

when the CCA sent to CRS the amount they were asking for was £xxx8.xx so it seems they took the statutory quid as a payment to the account, how can they get away with this practice???

Feb 13th 2012 Letter from Fredrickson International limited our client Lowell same amount £xxx8.xx do not ignore immediate payment required. We have been instructed by Lowell Financial who have passed this account to us for collection of the outstanding balance.As we have been appointed as their agent you should now make sure you contact us and not Lowell Financial. We are authorised to contact you to secure repayment of the debt.You must contact us immediately on 0845 xxxxxxx to discuss the matter further payment can be accepted by debit card credit card or cheque.
              Last edited by Fribourg; 16 February 2012, 11:54. Reason: Added new account

Comment

Well done on starting your diary Fribourg......now things will begin to get better as it has for all of us on the UE route. It seems hard at the beginning and very scary but with Niddy's help and advice things soon look far better.

Have a good christmas.

Elsie

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie52
                  It seems hard at the beginning and very scary but with Niddy's help and advice things soon look far better.

Have a good christmas.
                  True, things looking better these days, Merry Christmas to you too

Comment

Originally posted by Fribourg
                    Barclaycard Visa

Started: June 1996
                    Balance: 7314
                    Last payment made, 1 pound token payment, 17th Jan 2007
                    HFO chasing this

Jul 10th received letter from HFO requesting 10454.55
                    Jul 17th received letter from HFO requesting 10463.95 including copy of my credit report, copy of land
                    Registry, and threat of court action

Jul 20th sent CCA request
                    Jul 23rd received letter HFO requesting 10485.10
                    Aug 3rd sent CCA reminder
                    Aug 7th received letter HFO acknowledging CCA request, said be patient, will take some time.
                    Sep 6th sent CCA dispute letter
                    Oct 28th received letter HFOr with copy of my application form, they said I requested that lol Now
                    Didn’t realized I had received this till 12th December, was mixed with other paperwork
                    Niddy said Unenforceable
                    Nov 18th received letter HFO 72 Hour notice of litigation asking this time for 10761.40
                    Dec 10th received letter HFO Schedule of litigation
                    Dec 10th sent to HFO Threat-o-Gram Letter before Action
                    Dec 14th sent to HFO CCA Query – Application form received letter

Niddy, all copies on the way to you
                    Hiya, ok thanks for your messages - all received, replied to and sorted (hopefully)

This is getting quite serious, you should have perstered me because it looks like they are taking action against you (bugger!). I would suggest you send the following off asap: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2319#p2319

Keep us updated yea?
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                      This is getting quite serious, you should have perstered me because it looks like they are taking action against you (bugger!). I would suggest you send the following off asap: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2319#p2319
                      Ok, letter sent 30 min ago.

Only concern now is that maybe that CCJ is on the way, I haven't see my postman for 5 days now, and on the post Office they told me that there is deliveries as usual, don't know what to think now. If they've sent those court papers a few days back, I guess it wont be much I could do about it now, I guess wait and see, but after reading other posts, unenforceabilty would be a no no in court, so they'll win again.

Comment

Hiya

Worse they can do right now is apply to the courts for it, you get 5 days + 14 to respond so you'll be fine.

Just wait and see, don't stress - we can stop a CCJ if the paperwork was not with you....

Comment

UPDATE Barclaycard Visa

Jan 4th Received letter from HFO stating they have sent me the copy of the agreement on the 26th October

What they've sent was the copy of my application What should I do now??

Comment

Originally posted by Fribourg
                            UPDATE Barclaycard Visa

Jan 4th Received letter from HFO stating they have sent me the copy of the agreement on the 26th October

What they've sent was the copy of my application What should I do now??
                            Hmmm, what they've sent is an application form however they have also said that their solicitors is dealing with this so it looks like they may be going for a CCJ... if you want to avoid the chances of a CCJ then you ought to ring the number given and arrange repayment proposals.....

Comment

UPDATE Barclaycard Visa

Received letter from HFO solicitors and default notice plus notice of assignment from previous creditor

All sent to Niddy, and a bit confused on what to do next.

Comment

Working...
                              X