GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script inneedofhelp UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

inneedofhelp UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inneedofhelp UE Diary

Hope this is OK?

1.Credit card - Barclays
    2.Start date - 05/07/2004
    3.£2234
    4.Date last paid - July 2009
    5.Are you on arrangement or not paying - Not paying (stopped agreement payment of £15 Dec 2010)
    6.Status - arrangement to pay - now cancelled (wife told me to)
    7.Account owner - TBA.

Jan '11 Barclaycard say they are looking into his request and will come back to him.

15 Jan got a letter from Power2Contact advising that Barclaycard have instructed them to visit. Barclaycard haven't sent his CCA yet!

Have done a response for OH using the Account Sold... template and merged in most of the Doorstep Threat letter. Hope that makes sense!

21 Jan: letter from CSL acknowledging his "Account sold/doorstep threat" letter, acknowledging that the account might be in dispute and asking him to send £1 for the CCA. Cheeky buggers, he's already sent £1 to Barclaycard back in December and we are still waiting for the CCA. Will compose a short and sweet response!

14 July Westcot mucking about: sent in the same envelope Final Response - Unenforceability (General) & Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit

31 Aug Credit Security Ltd have written, they have been instructed by Westcot. Will send Account Sold.

12 Sept CSL write...They say they can't trace a reply (will have to check the rec deliery on our Account Sold). They DEMAND payment IMMEDIATELY and if we fail comply a DEBT COLLECTOR could call. They do love capital letters!

Think it's time for the Doorstep Bugger Off letter...

Letter dated 17 Sep from CSL.. rather strange. They say

"We write in reply to yoru template letter dated 15th September and reference to english Common Law.

However inyour letter you made no attempt whatsoever to resolve this matter and we would ask you to profide us with full details of any outstanding dispute and your reason for non payment..."

They go on to say if you are experiencing financial difficulty blah blah blah and we look forward to hearing from you.

Do you think they've had enough of Niddy letters haha?!

Sent Refusal to accept Unenforceability in response...
    Last edited by inneedofhelp; 9 October 2011, 19:53.

Natwest

Hello,

1. Credit Card - Natwest
    2. 30/05/2002
    3. £2479
    4. Date last paid - July 2009
    5. Are you on arrangement - yes, now cancelled
    6. Status - Defaulted
    7. Account owner - TBA

Westcot - NatWest - have returned cheque and asked OH to contact the CCA Request dept in Southend (ie NatWest) direct. He's done the appropriate letter "Follow-Up to DCA - who decline your CCA Request".
    Interestingly on their correspondence they refer to his debt as with Royal Bank of Scotland, not NatWest.

Update - 29 July - Westcot are closing file and returning it to NatPest.

That didn't take long... 1st August letter from Regal Credit Consultants with capital letters and underlining to make us jump. Ignoring....

15/8 Another letter from Regal Credit. They haven't received any reason for non-payment and want the account settled IN FULL (another DCA that loves capital letters, eh). If they don't recepive a response they'll arrange for Field Collectors (they love underlining too)to visit.

Sending the doorstep letter...

Letter dated 23 Aug (not sure when it arrived, we were away) from Regal. They are advised by NatWest that they have never received a CCA Request, and they have given the address to send the CCA Request to... so have sent it recorded.

6 Sept another letter from Regal,dated 5 September. They say as despite their "repeated attempts" to contact us the account remains overdue, they are recommending to their clients to commence legal action within 7 days... By my reckoning they haven't even allowed the 12+2 for us to have got a CCA back from NatWest so this is a bit poor. Sending Threat of Legal Action.

I presume we send Threat of Legal Action... will get this sent out today.

5/10/11 Finally received CCA... will go through it and check whether it's compliant.

They sent 4 sets of Ts and Cs so responded with Prescribed Terms letter.

Dec: NW respond that they have complied with CCA request ...
    Last edited by inneedofhelp; 2 December 2011, 09:51.

Comment

First Direct

edited
      Last edited by inneedofhelp; 4 May 2011, 18:27.

Comment

Re: Barclays

Originally posted by inneedofhelp
        6.Status - arrangement to pay - now cancelled (wife told me to)
        Ahem... guess who he's married to!
        ps sorry mods - his diary is in 3 separate threads - can they be amalgamated?
        Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
        SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Re: Barclays

Originally posted by MustGetStraight
          Ahem... guess who he's married to!
          ps sorry mods - his diary is in 3 separate threads - can they be amalgamated?
          Hmmmmm, we both know I knew that already lol....... remember

Diary sorted and renamed etc - only problem now is no more flirting with all the boys
          Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 21 January 2011, 13:12.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: inneedofhelp UE Diary

I'm updating thread for OH....

Westcot - NatWest - have returned cheque and asked OH to contact the CCA Request dept in Southend (ie NatWest) direct. He's done the appropriate letter "Follow-Up to DCA - who decline your CCA Request".
            Interestingly on their correspondence they refer to his debt as with Royal Bank of Scotland, not NatWest. I don't suppose that makes any difference though?

Barclaycard say they are looking into his request and will come back to him.

Let's see what comes back...

Ooh and OH says he had PPI on his NatWest from when he started the card. He's never taken PPI out on anything - we never did - so I'm not sure if he might be able to claim at all, anyway if it's UE it doesn't matter... here's hoping...
            Last edited by MustGetStraigh; 4 May 2011, 18:28.
            Niddified and proud!

Comment

Morning Bright new shiny website!

Yesterday got a letter from Power2Contact advising that Barclaycard have instructed them to visit. Barclaycard haven't sent his CCA yet!

Have done a response for OH using the Account Sold... template and merged in most of the Doorstep Threat letter. Hope that makes sense!

Not sure whether to send anything to Barclays themselves yet.
              Niddified and proud!

Comment

Hiya

I also had Power2contact saying they were coming around. Sent them the threat of a doorstep visit letter and also Account Sold in Dispute letter. Since then they have passed me on to Mercers, Calders Financial and now Credit Solutions.!!! lol, See where we end up next. Don't send anything to Barclays, just Power2Contact and see what happens.

Comment

Thanks Elsie, have done. I'm sure Barclaycard (despite the fact that they haven't yet sent any CCA) will just pass it to someone else.... ;-)
                  Niddified and proud!

Comment

Update on behalf of OH: BARCLAYCARD: letter from CSL acknowledging his "Account sold/doorstep threat" letter, acknowledging that the account might be in dispute and asking him to send £1 for the CCA. Cheeky buggers, he's already sent £1 to Barclaycard back in December and we are still waiting for the CCA. Will compose a short and sweet response!
                    Niddified and proud!

Comment

If poss, log-in as other half and do updates in his username cos this confuses me when I search for your posts (if you ever email me)....
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraight View Post
                        I'm updating thread for OH....

DG Solicitors
                        - First Direct - have sent an illegible copy. Really illegible! I think it's UE anyway but it's impossible to read properly. "Illegible copy" letter on its way to them.

Interestingly on their correspondence they refer to his debt as with Royal Bank of Scotland, not NatWest. I don't suppose that makes any difference though?

Barclaycard say they are looking into his request and will come back to him.

Let's see what comes back...

Ooh and OH says he had PPI on his NatWest from when he started the card. He's never taken PPI out on anything - we never did - so I'm not sure if he might be able to claim at all, anyway if it's UE it doesn't matter... here's hoping...
                        Spot on with the above, nothing to add - you've sorted it - well done

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Spot on with the above, nothing to add - you've sorted it - well done
                          Thanks Niddy, and sorry for confusion, I'll have to get hold of his password!
                          Niddified and proud!

Comment

Thanks Niddy, and sorry for confusion, I'll have to get hold of his password!
                            Good Luck

I just presumed you knew it lol. If not don't worry, it just makes things easier if he posts his/you post yours eeek..... but we'll try and plod on eh? lol

Comment

Morning Bright new shiny website!

Yesterday got a letter from Power2Contact advising that Barclaycard have instructed them to visit. Barclaycard haven't sent his CCA yet!

Not sure whether to send anything to Barclays themselves yet.
                              Nope, nothing to Barclays - well done again - you've done the right thing by sending that to P2C

Comment

Working...
                              X