GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script onesteptoofar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

onesteptoofar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: onesteptoofar UE Diary

Originally posted by onesteptoofar View Post
    Lloyds Account
    Commenced pre-1998
    Outstanding balance -2800
    Token 1 pound payments made since end 2009
    ACCOUNT HAD NOT YET DEFAULTED in Sept 2010, i have not checked if it has since this date
    DCA - Moorcroft

Last payment made - token 1 pound payments ceased in Sept 2010.

Last correspondence I sent:

Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation

followed by...

Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
    I have now received two more letters from Moorcroft. The first writes ....to confirm we require a monthly repayment proposal you can afford and maintain, to enable us to assist you further....

The second writes...thankyou for your letter requesting a copy of your credit agreement. Please note some accounts are excluded from compliance with Part V of the consumer credit act or not in fact credit or hire agreements and we believe that our clients account falls into one of these categories...require immediate payment of the sum outstanding ...or realistic proposals for repayment...

The second letter is hand signed. As this was an account overdraft do they have a point? Next step?

Comment

I have now received two more letters from Moorcroft. The first writes ....to confirm we require a monthly repayment proposal you can afford and maintain, to enable us to assist you further....

The second writes...thankyou for your letter requesting a copy of your credit agreement. Please note some accounts are excluded from compliance with Part V of the consumer credit act or not in fact credit or hire agreements and we believe that our clients account falls into one of these categories...require immediate payment of the sum outstanding ...or realistic proposals for repayment...

The second letter is hand signed. As this was an account overdraft do they have a point? Next step?

Overdraft's are exempt from CCA I would just ignore for the mo see what they send next
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Update:
        Lloyds Loan - 20k - Taken July 2005
        Enforceable CCA - Niddy checked
        Outstanding balance - 7500
        Last full payment made - June 2009
        Token 1 pound payments made to relevant DCA's Oct 09-Present
        Default - Nov 2009
        DCA - The latest DCA was Credit Security Limited, then back with Lloyds themselves...now appears back with Credit Security Limited

Have not made any token £1 payments since Sept 2010. No response to my offer of f+f made in Sept '10.
        Current Status - Last letter they received from me - Threat of Legal Action & Refusal of Doorstep Visit
        Letter received from Credit Security Limited writes....we write further to your recent communication and have pleasure in enclosing a statement of account. We trust the position has now been clarified and require a payment and settlement proposal within 7 days in order to resolve this matter without further delay..."

Included with the letter are printouts of the account statements from a screen shot detailing repayments made and balance outstanding.

Amount repaid to date over 17k!! It also has an entry where you can see "write off written next to the final three credits from 2009!

Any advice on my next step?

Comment

Hi onesteptoofar

Overdrafts are exempt from CCA1974.

As for next steps , you're probably better waiting until Niddy comes along but I would guess that your options are 1)arrange to make payments 2)blagging it 3) keep you fingers crossed that it gets sold on so that you can make a F&F payment 4) let them take you to court and obtain a ccj.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You got in before me in2deep. I had to answer the phone in the middle of replying.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Letter received from Credit Security Limited writes....we write further to your recent communication and have pleasure in enclosing a statement of account. We trust the position has now been clarified and require a payment and settlement proposal within 7 days in order to resolve this matter without further delay..."

Included with the letter are printouts of the account statements from a screen shot detailing repayments made and balance outstanding.

Amount repaid to date over 17k!! It also has an entry where you can see "write off written next to the final three credits from 2009!

Niddy is best to advice on this one

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                You got in before me in2deep. I had to answer the phone in the middle of replying.
                Any excuse

Comment

Are you still able to make a F&F if things get nasty or happy to continue waiting....?
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Are you still able to make a F&F if things get nasty or happy to continue waiting....?
                    Hi Niddy,

I'm still happy to continue waiting but equally able to go down the f+f route if things get awkward.

Happy to listen to your advice and trust your judgement.

I've come this far!

onesteptoofar

Comment

loyds Account
                      Commenced pre-1998
                      Outstanding balance -2800
                      Token 1 pound payments made since end 2009
                      ACCOUNT HAD NOT YET DEFAULTED in Sept 2010, i have not checked if it has since this date
                      DCA - Moorcroft

Last payment made - token 1 pound payments ceased in Sept 2010.

Last correspondence I sent:

Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation

followed by...

Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                      In addition to the two letters received from Moorcroft detailed at the top of this page i have received another today..

I feel like a popstar with all these fanmails from them!

Discount Offer...

"disappointed that despite numerous attempts to contact me so agreement has been reached....in one last attempt to come to an arrangement to prevent the possibility of court action being recommended our cleint has informed us they may be able to offer a substantial discount from the outstanding balance.....within the next 14 days...we will not pursue the remaining balance of the debt..."

Any ideas on this or any of this weeks Moorcroft gems?

Comment

Hi Niddy,

I'm still happy to continue waiting but equally able to go down the f+f route if things get awkward.

Happy to listen to your advice and trust your judgement.

I've come this far!

onesteptoofar
                        Ok, thanks for clarifying - based on your reply, send them this yea: Final Response - Unenforceability (CCA Received)
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

In addition to the two letters received from Moorcroft detailed at the top of this page i have received another today..

I feel like a popstar with all these fanmails from them!

Discount Offer...

"disappointed that despite numerous attempts to contact me so agreement has been reached....in one last attempt to come to an arrangement to prevent the possibility of court action being recommended our cleint has informed us they may be able to offer a substantial discount from the outstanding balance.....within the next 14 days...we will not pursue the remaining balance of the debt..."

Any ideas on this or any of this weeks Moorcroft gems?
                          Well we could go in with a silly offer of say £300 - or as above, send one of these: Final Response - Unenforceability (CCA Received)

Up to you really, let us know.....

Comment

What is the write off figure, out of interest?

Comment

What is the write off figure, out of interest?
                              Hi Niddy,

The transactions crediting on the statement have two different abbreviations. I have rounded each to a nearby number. The balance starts at £7500 but ends at £0 after these transactions:

WRT £6500
                              WARR £1000

Both transactions have a comment "write off..." The ... comments are there as the page cuts off on my printout! grrr

At a guess could one be a write off amount, and the other the amount the debt was sold for??

There is another transaction debiting £28.07, this also has a comment "write off..." This one comes under "INDV"

Comment

Well we could go in with a silly offer of say £300 - or as above, send one of these: Final Response - Unenforceability (CCA Received)

Up to you really, let us know.....
                                Letter posted. Thanks Niddy

Comment

Working...
                                X