GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script onesteptoofar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

onesteptoofar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: onesteptoofar UE Diary

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
    I'd send a one liner just simple

I refer to the letter of blah blah digned for in your office on blah blah

this matter has not been addressed by you nitwits

yours

onestep
    thanks MrsD. posted. see what they come back with next.

Comment

Originally posted by onesteptoofar View Post
      Cahoot Loan - 9k - Taken July 2003
      Outstanding balance - 9200
      No CCA produced...but no contact either...so i'm not asking!
      Last full payment made July 2008
      Not paid anything since July 2008
      No record on any credit file - Experian, CallCredit, Equifax
      DCA - Last correspondence was received was from Debt Management and Recovery Services - Sept 08 "your account is being returned to Cahoot"
      Current Status - No CCA produced. Waiting for "Statute Barred".
      To update on this, nothing received as yet...

It will be 6 years since my last payment in July. I'm assuming i wait until July, then send a statute barred letter. Is this right?

If someone told me this was how things would work out six years ago i would never have believed them. Thanks again to Niddy

Comment

To update on this, nothing received as yet...
        Excellent

It will be 6 years since my last payment in July. I'm assuming i wait until July, then send a statute barred letter. Is this right?
        Nooooo - you hold out till July then ignore everyone, till they get heavy at which point you THEN tell them it's SB. Play the game, don't rush in.... If you last paid July then it will be SB in August - SB is usually one month after the first missed/due payment.

If someone told me this was how things would work out six years ago i would never have believed them. Thanks again to Niddy
        Keep everything crossed
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy. I'll keep sitting tight

Comment

Nationwide Loan - 20k - Taken Sept 04
            Enforceable CCA - Niddy checked
            Outstanding balance - 7500
            Default - Feb 2010
            Last full payment made - August 2009
            Token 1 pound payments made until Sept '10 when i stopped all payments.
            DCA - MKDP
            Last correspondence - I sent an account sold in dispute letter to MKDP.
            Letter received from MKDP apologising they are unable to resolve my query at this time and are liaising with the original creditor...
            Another letter received from MKDP apologising they are unable to resolve my query at this time and are liaising with the original creditor, so i'm sitting tight

Comment

this could go on and on................

Comment

Lloyds Loan - 20k - Taken July 2005
                Last full payment made - June 2009
                Token 1 pound payments made to relevant DCA's until Sept 2010
                Default - Nov 2009
                DCA - Capquest
                Last correspondence - I sent Capquest an account sold in dispute letter
                Quick update on this one. Three letters received from Capquest

- letter confirming my request for a CCA has been received and passed to the relevant dept
                - letter replying to my one liner letter (after they ignored a previous CCA request) denying they had received a CCA request, requesting i send another copy
                - letter confirming my request for a CCA has been received and passed to the relevant dept

Sitting tight to see what happens next.

Comment

Lloyds Loan - 20k - Taken July 2005
                  Last full payment made - June 2009
                  Token 1 pound payments made to relevant DCA's until Sept 2010
                  Default - Nov 2009
                  DCA - Capquest
                  Last correspondence - I sent Capquest an account sold in dispute letter
                  Signed & Enforceable LLoyds CCA (checked by Niddy) has been received from Capquest

Any advice on my next step? Doesn't become statute barred until Sept '16

Comment

What a bummer! CapQuest are a lot worse than they used to be...see these quotes from Niddy:

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Yes. Sorry I missed yours. If other AADers get an assignment from CQ ask them to send a new s.78 / s.77 direct to CQ as soon as poss. They will issue a claim, they're proper bad
                    Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Their "Fresh Approach" and management changes forced their hand. They're scum like Lowell now.

See this -> http://www.capquest.co.uk

bragging about a new approach grrrrrr
                    It might be time to start thinking about offering payments...but only what you can afford.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

7500 outstanding... what would be a fair offer as full and final?

Comment

What can you afford seems more appropriate....
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

7500 outstanding... what would be a fair offer as full and final?

Lloyds Loan - 7500, currently paying 1 pound per month. . . . Have sent an offer for 1820 but expecting this to be refused (offer of 1300 was refused 4 months ago).

. . . . Are there any templates out there to negotiate based on the outstanding balances being made up of excessive charges / interest in the case of Lloyds?

. . . I worked for a company previously and through a save as you earn scheme have acquired shares which in theory are worth over 50k. However, as the company is still privately owned the shares are simply a certificate which cant be bought/sold until the company eventually floats.

My issue is that unless i can settle up my debts prior to the company float, debters would expect the full payments for outstanding balances....

The aim > To settle the debts asap through f+f's for as little as possible whilst i am in my current situation. Essentially unemployed and skint....but potentially with a large lump sum when/if the company floats.

I've not read all through your diary but I have gone back to your first post in 2010. At that point you seemed to think that most of the £7,500 was made up of unfair interest and charges. Did you ever explore that issue? Surely if they were unfair then they'll still be unfair now wouldn't they?

I also see you were expecting a windfall of around £50k from shares in a company when it floats. Did that happen or is it on the horizon soon?

What was the last paragraph of Capquest's letter which came with your CCA last week? Is it threatening anything or simply asking you for repayment proposals? It would be helpful to establish the sense of urgency before you make a F & F offer.

Comment

Hi Plan B, thanks for the reply.

The letter from Capquest was simply 'please find enclosed your CCA'. There is nothing in there asking for any contact or demanding any payment at this stage.

Regards the charges i would need to revisit my records but from memory most of these were on a credit card from lloyds as opposed this loan.

The float did happen and i did manage to tuck away some cash by investing through friends/family, so i still have no assets or cash savings whatsoever.

I will await their next response and post it on here.

onesteptoofar

Comment

The letter from Capquest was simply 'please find enclosed your CCA'. There is nothing in there asking for any contact or demanding any payment at this stage.

. . . The float did happen and i did manage to tuck away some cash by investing through friends/family, so i still have no assets or cash savings whatsoever.
                              Ah ha. So you may have access to cash through "friends and family" in an emergency situation such as a county court summons

If Capquest's letter isn't asking you for any money or repayment proposals then maybe you can afford to go a little closer to the wire before you crack and pay the buggers with a F & F offer. That's your decision of course.

I wonder what their next letter will say and whether you can reply with anything to challenge it. Did their last letter say something along the lines of "we have now fulfilled your s.78 CCA request?

You're playing poker at this stage but keep your eye on the ball and read between the lines of every letter you get from them so you don't get caught unawares.

Comment

Nationwide Loan - 20k - Taken Sept 04
                                Default - Feb 2010
                                Last full payment made - August 2009
                                Token 1 pound payments made until Sept '10 when i stopped all payments.
                                DCA - MKDP
                                Last correspondence - I sent an account sold in dispute letter to MKDP.
                                Letters received from MKDP apologising they are unable to resolve my query at this time and are liaising with the original creditor...
                                Like buses, nothing received for months then i receive two in quick succession

Letter received from MKDP by recorded delivery, including a copy of my signed CCA (as checked by Niddy). 4 years since i last made a token payment

I'll sit tight for now...

Comment

Working...
                                X