GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script onesteptoofar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

onesteptoofar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Full and Final Settlement Letters

Hi Niddy,

Hope you had a good weekend.

Wescot - Nationwide Loan - Outstanding balance 7500 - Offered 1820, rejected, Wescot have counter offered 5630. I cannot afford this, so ideally would like to reiterate my f+f offer, i can increase to maybe 2300 ish. Is there a template i could use for this?

Lloyds Credit Card - No reply from Call Credit as yet but i would like to make contact with Lloyds / Call Credit ideally to try and get the ball rolling on a f+f.

Outstanding balance 13500 - Over 9k of the balance can be attributed to interest over the years and there are 465 worth of charges which i have never claimed back.

I can afford to make a f+f for upto 3300.

I'm not sure whether i should try and claim back charges to reduce the debt, or go straight for the f+f?

Comment

Hi

Ok, you REALLY need to start listing things for me in a legible manner and then we'll look at locking this thread and re-doing a new one cos I am totally confused as to why and what you're you're doing....

I need you to list each lender, what the status of the account is, the balance and a timeline of events to date - it is impossible for me to sit there and suggest you pay £3k into a debt that could well be unenforceable, it goes against all I believe in. Please, try to help me to help you - the rate you're going you'll throw away several thousand pounds - if you want to waste cash like that then feel free to join bet365 or click the donate button on here!

seriously, you need to sit back and think about things and list each account and then i'll help you work out what is best for each of the accounts.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok, I've re-sent my original email to you with the timeline for each debt, and the cca's

Let's take it from there

Comment

I need it on here -lol.

I get around 300 emails a week, I get around double that in PM's (sadly enough) and I also look after the build of the forum, the build and maintenance of 2 new sites, I have my job to do plus I monitor and advise across all the UE threads and diaries (over 100) - I am sorry but reading exhausting emails is a no-go.

I have explained in the past how I need things to be laid out, if you cannot copy the style then I really cannot help - sorry but you don't understand what pressure I am under and any help is greatly appreciated.

See this - example of a PERFECT layout/thread/diary: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9&p=6789#p6789

Thanks....

Niddy
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok, See how this looks ;K7

Just a reminder, I'm due a share windfall shortly, hence the eagerness to settle with f+f's asap.

I'm also currently unemployed but will be starting a job in the next couple of months.

Lloyds Credit Card - Limit increased to 10k over the years - Taken July 05
            Enforceable CCA - Niddy checked
            Outstanding balance - 13500
            Default - Nov 2009
            Nothing paid since Sept 2009
            DCA - Account has been passed from Lloyds > SCM > MHA > BLS > Debt Managers > Call Credit...but the last correspondence was from Lloyds - Account may have been passed back to them.

Current Status - Over 9k of the balance can be attributed to interest over the years and there are 465 worth of charges which i have never claimed back.

I'm not sure whether i should try and claim back charges to reduce the debt, or go straight for the f+f?

Nationwide Loan 20k - Taken Sept 04
            Outstanding balance - 7500
            Default - Feb 2010
            Last full payment made - August 2009
            Token 1 pound payments have been made every month bar 2 since Sept 09
            DCA - Wescot

Current Status - Wescot produced a CCA. Offered 1820 as a f+f, rejected. Wescot counter offered 5630. (Sept 2010). Will continue to make 1 pound token payments.

I wish to re-negotiate a f+f but the most i can possibly afford is around 2300. Is there a template i could use for this?

Lloyds Loan - 20k - Taken July 2005
            Last full payment made - June 2009
            Token 1 pound payments made to relevant DCA's Oct 09-Present
            Default - Nov 2009
            DCA - Moorcroft

Current Status - Moorcroft have not produced a CCA themselves (their latest correspondence assures it is on its way from Lloyds). Offered 1820 as a f+f, no response. (Sept 2010)

I wish to negotiate a f+f but the most i can possibly afford is around 2300. Will continue to make token 1 pound payments and wait for a reply to my f+f offer.

Cahoot Loan - 9k - Taken July 2003
            Outstanding balance - 9200
            No CCA produced...but no contact either...so i'm not asking!
            Last full payment made July 2008
            Not paid anything since July 2008
            No record on any credit file - Experian, CallCredit, Equifax
            DCA - Last correspondence was received was from Debt Management and Recovery Services - Sept 08 "your account is being returned to Cahoot"

Current Status - No CCA produced. Waiting for "Statute Barred". ;-y

Lloyds Account
            Commenced pre-1998
            Outstanding balance -2800
            Token 1 pound payments made since end 2009
            ACCOUNT HAS NOT YET DEFAULTED
            Lloyds / SCM Solicitors still own the account

Current Status - Aiming to default asap. Made token 1 pound payments in Sept 2010 but these will be the last. Offered a f+f for 1000 in Sept, awaiting reply.

Comment

Lloyds Credit Card - Limit increased to 10k over the years - Taken July 05
              Outstanding balance - 13500
              Default - Nov 2009
              Nothing paid since Sept 2009
              DCA - Account has been passed from Lloyds > SCM > MHA > BLS > Debt Managers > Call Credit...but the last correspondence was from Lloyds - Account may have been passed back to them.

Current Status - Over 9k of the balance can be attributed to interest over the years and there are 465 worth of charges which i have never claimed back.

Comment

Nationwide Loan - 20k - Taken Sept 04
                Default - Feb 2010
                Last full payment made - August 2009
                Token 1 pound payments have been made every month bar 2 since Sept 09
                DCA - Wescot

Current Status - Wescot produced a CCA. Offered 1820 as a f+f, rejected. Wescot counter offered 5630. (Sept 2010). Will continue to make 1 pound token payments.

I wish to re-negotiate a f+f but the most i can possibly afford is around 2300. Is there a template i could use for this?

Comment

Lloyds Loan - 20k - Taken July 2005
                  Last full payment made - June 2009
                  Token 1 pound payments made to relevant DCA's Oct 09-Present
                  Default - Nov 2009
                  DCA - Moorcroft

Current Status - Moorcroft have not produced a CCA themselves (their latest correspondence assures it is on its way from Lloyds). Offered 1820 as a f+f, no response. (Sept 2010)

I wish to negotiate a f+f but the most i can possibly afford is around 2300. Will continue to make token 1 pound payments and wait for a reply to my f+f offer.

Comment

Cahoot Loan - 9k - Taken July 2003
                    Outstanding balance - 9200
                    No CCA produced...but no contact either...so i'm not asking!
                    Last full payment made July 2008
                    Not paid anything since July 2008
                    No record on any credit file - Experian, CallCredit, Equifax
                    DCA - Last correspondence was received was from Debt Management and Recovery Services - Sept 08 "your account is being returned to Cahoot"

Current Status - No CCA produced. Waiting for "Statute Barred". ;-y

Comment

Lloyds Account
                      Commenced pre-1998
                      Outstanding balance -2800
                      Token 1 pound payments made since end 2009
                      ACCOUNT HAS NOT YET DEFAULTED
                      Lloyds / SCM Solicitors still own the account

Current Status - Aiming to default asap. Made token 1 pound payments in Sept 2010 but these will be the last. Offered a f+f for 1000 in Sept, awaiting reply.

Comment

Hiya

Ok that makes a lot more sense and I can now work things out for you based on the up-to-date figures and info. Thanks for providing this simplistic view for us, makes life so much easier - for all involved (including you).

Right you have 4 separate Lloyds accounts, the total balances are in the region of c£23,800 which would mean you ought to try and bundle them together into one amount and make one representative offer from the details of the totals. In this case, i'd be writing to Lloyds making one offer of 10% of value - £2,380.

However, as you've already let things get to a stage whereby Lloyds do not own all the accounts, it makes it hard to do this so you need to come to some sort of plan - and decide exactly what you're prepared to cough up. I'd buy these debts from you for £5k lol - i'd fight the fookers in court! lol

But seriously, just respond to this post with details of the maximum you can afford to repay in F&F offers and more importantly the date in which the funds will be available.

I will then be able to respond as appropriate to each account, so just let me know exactly what the cash sum total is that you will be able to afford along with the date the funds will be available. Such answers as "later this year" do not count, all F&F offers need an expiry date - so if you aint gonna have the dosh in 30 days, forget making F&F offers.

Cheers

Niddy

Comment

Hiya Niddy,

It's 3 Lloyds (Credit Card (possibly back with Lloyds), Loan (Moorcroft), Bank Account (SCM/Lloyds)), 1 Cahoot (waiting for Statute barred) and 1 Nationwide (Wescot).

Basically i will be able to sell my shares in the next week, so will have funds available in excess 20k within the fortnight if needed...

As things stand i am umemployed and until the shares sell, without a pot to piss in, so ideally i just want to sell enough to cover the f+f's and give me a little money to tide me over until the next tax year.

If you think we may be able to settle everything for 5k in the next fortnight let's have it!

I'd hoped to be able to f+f everything barring the Cahoot for 7-8k.

Comment

Ok sorry for confusion...... 3 it is then.

Ok, leave it with me and on Saturday i'll sort you a template to send off for F&F's. Just an aside, why don't you just not pay em? See how far they push you..... y

Comment

Excellent stuff. You are a star.

[size=5]Why don't i just pay them... At the end of the day i just want to clear the slate and start afresh asap. I suppose i feel it's just the "right thing to do" to try and pay a 'reasonable' amount. This way i'll know that in six years i'll have a clean credit file and some money aside from the shares to get a place of my own.

If i pushed them i'd be wary that the shares thing may come back to bite me if i hadn't already squared things with the dca's. Although i guess this would probably never happen.

Comment

Update: Nationwide Loan
                                DCA: Wescot
                                Previous Status: Wescot produced a CCA. I offered 1820 as a f+f, rejected. Wescot counter offered 5630. (Sept 2010).
                                Outstanding balance: £7500

Update: Letter received from "Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors" on behalf of Wescot Credit Services Ltd. Prepared to settle for 50% of the balance £3750 if paid by ....blah blah blah

Comment

Working...
                                X