GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script onesteptoofar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

onesteptoofar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: onesteptoofar UE Diary

Originally posted by onesteptoofar View Post
    Hi Niddy,

I am not a homeowner, but i do have my shares tucked away hh , and i now have a full time job. Not sure how this affects things?

I'll take things as far as you advise i can! I'm in this for the long haul
    Ahh, ok so I assume that no legal action has commenced after all then, in response to your reply with the legal template that you sent a few weeks back now? Is that about the size of it...?

If so great! if not then give me an update please!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya Niddy,

I'll pop back on later in the week with a full update for each debt from scratch to keep things simple.

As things stand no legal action has commenced. Following the legal template everything has gone eerily quiet.

No doubt i'll get a hatful of letters next week

Shares...

Problem area and reason for my urgency for f+f's.

I worked for a company previously and through a save as you earn scheme have acquired shares which in theory are worth over 50k. However, as the company is still privately owned the shares are simply a certificate which cant be bought/sold until the company eventually floats.
      The company floated...so i'm in the fortunate position of being able to offer f+f's whenever the time is right.

Its gotta be a case of "take me to court if you want anything otherweise piss-off"..... that's the best attitude and because you are in the enviable position of being able to afford to repay the F&F offers - then save the funds til a rainy day if you can. If they push for court hard enough then i'll advise to back down or whatever....... either way, you'll get a better deal than you'll currently be able to secure.
      This is the route i'm currently taking. I'm so much less stressed nowadays, if anyone else is in a position like i have been just relax, take a deep breath and don't rush into anything. Ask here first!

Comment

Cheers mate - best of luck, keep us updated and lets see what happens yea?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Lloyds Loan - 20k - Taken July 2005
          Enforceable CCA - Niddy checked
          Outstanding balance - 7500
          Last full payment made - June 2009
          Token 1 pound payments made to relevant DCA's Oct 09-Present
          Default - Nov 2009
          DCA - Moorcroft

Current Status - Moorcroft have not produced a CCA themselves (their latest correspondence assures it is on its way from Lloyds). Offered 1820 as a f+f, no response. (Sept 2010)

I wish to negotiate a f+f but the most i can possibly afford is around 2300. Will continue to make token 1 pound payments and wait for a reply to my f+f offer.
          Token 1 pound payments made to relevant DCA's Oct 09-Sept 10
          Default - Nov 2009
          DCA - Moorcroft

Status - Received a letter in Sept stating they had received my request for a CCA, had requested this from Lloyds and were placing the account on hold for the time being (previous DCA produced an enforceable CCA).

Have not made any token £1 payments since Sept. No response to my offer of f+f made in Sept.

Should I just wait for them to produce the CCA thats already been produced by another DCA? I would like to f+f the debt and begin cleaning up my credit file asap. Moorcroft are worse than me for ignoring letters ;D
          Hi Niddy,

I have just received a letter from Lloyds. The DCA (Moorcroft) must have referred the loan back to them as i was giving them no joy

The letter basically says 'our agents have been in touch with you and they have been unable to agreee a repayment programme...pay the full balance (7500) in ten days or we will commence legal action...'

Any ideas / is now the time to offer a f+f?

Comment

Hi Niddy,

I have just received a letter from Lloyds. The DCA (Moorcroft) must have referred the loan back to them as i was giving them no joy

The letter basically says 'our agents have been in touch with you and they have been unable to agreee a repayment programme...pay the full balance (7500) in ten days or we will commence legal action...'

Are you still paying token £1 payments? Please confirm first of all.....

Comment

Hi Niddy,

I haven't paid a single penny since Aug/Sept 2010.

Amazed i haven't had more letters tbh, but i'm not complaining!

onesteptoofar

Comment

Hi Niddy,

Hiya, ok you say you want to start clearing your credit files, but how many accounts have you got that are in arrears and can you afford to settle them all? Its pointless paying just one account off..... I mean, you could try and make an offer - but it's gonna be a couple of grand - can you afford this right now? Its easier to negotiate with a DCA than the lender...

If you can confirm the above then we'll look at next steps then yea? You decide - whatever you want, we'll back you and help best we can...

Comment

I've moved your council tax query here: ---> onesteptoofar Council Tax Issue

Comment

Hi Niddy,

Hope you had a good break.

I've had a few letters recently so will update each account as to where they all stand as if i were posting for the first time.

I am not a homeowner, but i do have some shares tucked away hh , and i now have a full time job. Not sure how this affects things?

I'll take things as far as you advise i can and I'm in this for the long haul. I have access to funds in order to offer f+f's for each account but obviously want to give myself the best possible chance to settle for the least possible sums. I am in no hurry but it seems a neverending circle of pass the parcel with dca's at present...

Any advice on the three Lloyds debts next response letters would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

onesteptoofar

Updates - 31st March 2011

Default - Nov 2009
                    DCA - Credit Security Limited

Have not made any token £1 payments since Sept 2010. No response to my offer of f+f made in Sept.
                    Current Status - Letters received in the last month, first from Lloyds (debt was returned to them by the last DCA) . Letter said that their agents had been unable to agree a repayment programme and that they had suggested taking legal action against me. I ignored this.

A few weeks later Credit Security Limited have begun to contact with the usual 'send payment in full immediately" letter but have now contacted me with a letter threatening either doorstep visit or legal action to recover the debt through Aylesbury County Court.

What can i respond with?

Lloyds Credit Card
                    Limit increased to 10k over the years - Taken July 05
                    Outstanding balance - 13500
                    Default - Nov 2009
                    Nothing paid since Sept 2009
                    DCA - Was Apex Credit Management, now back with Lloyds, expecting Credit Security Ltd will prob be next!
                    Current Status - Letter received from Lloyds requesting 1 pound payments if i do not pay off the full outstanding balance in full. Advice on the next step? Just wait for the next DCA to appear then f+f offer, was my thinking?

Lloyds Account
                    Commenced pre-1998
                    Outstanding balance -2800
                    Token 1 pound payments made since end 2009
                    ACCOUNT HAD NOT YET DEFAULTED in Sept 2010, i have not checked if it has since this date
                    DCA - Moorcroft

Last payment made - token 1 pound payments ceased in Sept 2010
                    Current Status - Received a letter from Moorcroft stating notice of intended litigation before legal proceedings in the County Court are issued. What is my next response? Is now a good time to offer a f+f?

Nationwide Loan
                    Nationwide Loan - 20k - Taken Sept 04
                    Default - Feb 2010
                    Last full payment made - August 2009
                    Token 1 pound payments have been made every month bar 2 since Sept 09 until Sept '10 when i stopped all payments.
                    DCA - Wescot
                    Current Status - No contact since they threatened to send a doorstep collector in November when i had two feet of snow outside!

Cahoot Loan - 9k - Taken July 2003
                    Outstanding balance - 9200
                    No CCA produced...but no contact either...so i'm not asking!
                    Last full payment made July 2008
                    Not paid anything since July 2008
                    No record on any credit file - Experian, CallCredit, Equifax
                    DCA - Last correspondence was received was from Debt Management and Recovery Services - Sept 08 "your account is being returned to Cahoot"
                    Current Status - No CCA produced. Waiting for "Statute Barred". ;-y

Comment

Default - Nov 2009
                      DCA - Credit Security Limited

Have not made any token £1 payments since Sept 2010. No response to my offer of f+f made in Sept.
                      Current Status - Letters received in the last month, first from Lloyds (debt was returned to them by the last DCA) . Letter said that their agents had been unable to agree a repayment programme and that they had suggested taking legal action against me. I ignored this.

A few weeks later Credit Security Limited have begun to contact with the usual 'send payment in full immediately" letter but have now contacted me with a letter threatening either doorstep visit or legal action to recover the debt through Aylesbury County Court.

What can i respond with?
                      Send this back for the moment (a Niddy Special lol): ---> Threat of Legal Action & Refusal of Doorstep Visit

Comment

Lloyds Credit Card
                        Limit increased to 10k over the years - Taken July 05
                        Outstanding balance - 13500
                        Default - Nov 2009
                        Nothing paid since Sept 2009
                        DCA - Was Apex Credit Management, now back with Lloyds, expecting Credit Security Ltd will prob be next!
                        Current Status - Letter received from Lloyds requesting 1 pound payments if i do not pay off the full outstanding balance in full. Advice on the next step? Just wait for the next DCA to appear then f+f offer, was my thinking?
                        Just ignore for the moment - not worth a response, see what develops yea?

Comment

Lloyds Account
                          Commenced pre-1998
                          Outstanding balance -2800
                          Token 1 pound payments made since end 2009
                          ACCOUNT HAD NOT YET DEFAULTED in Sept 2010, i have not checked if it has since this date
                          DCA - Moorcroft

Last payment made - token 1 pound payments ceased in Sept 2010
                          Current Status - Received a letter from Moorcroft stating notice of intended litigation before legal proceedings in the County Court are issued. What is my next response? Is now a good time to offer a f+f?
                          Respond to Moorscroft with the following for now: ---> Threat-o-Gram - Letter before Action

Comment

Nationwide Loan
                            Nationwide Loan - 20k - Taken Sept 04
                            Default - Feb 2010
                            Last full payment made - August 2009
                            Token 1 pound payments have been made every month bar 2 since Sept 09 until Sept '10 when i stopped all payments.
                            DCA - Wescot
                            Current Status - No contact since they threatened to send a doorstep collector in November when i had two feet of snow outside!
                            Just ignore this - no news is good news

Comment

Cahoot Loan - 9k - Taken July 2003
                              Outstanding balance - 9200
                              No CCA produced...but no contact either...so i'm not asking!
                              Last full payment made July 2008
                              Not paid anything since July 2008
                              No record on any credit file - Experian, CallCredit, Equifax
                              DCA - Last correspondence was received was from Debt Management and Recovery Services - Sept 08 "your account is being returned to Cahoot"
                              Current Status - No CCA produced. Waiting for "Statute Barred". ;-y
                              Just sit tight - leave it until you get contact of some sort!

Comment

Please Read!

Can you not multi-quote various things into one update like that as it makes my life 10x harder to quote back to you - so please use quote, quote me the one account then ask the question, then move on to the next post and do the same. One post should be one update.

Otherwise I will struggle to get half of what I do, done. Cheers mate

Comment

Working...
                                X