GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script onesteptoofar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

onesteptoofar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Full and Final Settlement Letters

Hi Niddy,

Apologies for the last post being so jumbled.

For months i thought i was reasonably in tune with how i was trying to manage my situation but you really have helped me focus. I was in a bit of a hole as to how to try to resolve things and just had a million different things running through my mind...so i just typed. The diary is a simple idea but was a huge eye opener at my limited progress. Its a great help for anyone in a similar situation to myself.

I will let you know how i get on with the f+f's if the DCA's bother to reply this time... Fingers crossed. As things stand I have offered 1820 to both Moorcroft and Wescot. I will post the template used on this thread, for you peruse. (t'moro)

I'll also post the template i've been using to send token payments each month. It's not ideal so any advice on that one would be fantastic.

A few months ago I made a f+f offer to Lloyds directly 1300 for the 2800 overdraft. This was refused so i was maintaining the token payments until a DCA takes over. Possible issue > There is no default for the Lloyds overdraft at present.

Default information - Thanks for this. Again a massive lack of knowledge convinced me i knew exactly where i stood. Should i stop making any token payments on my Lloyds Loan in order to get a potential default asap? .. As i'm typing this seems wrong..

No rush to reply, just hold off until i post the templates i've used. Having no internet at home is a nightmare!

Regards the Cahoot Loan ;-y Fantastic news!

Comment

Originally posted by onesteptoofar
      I will let you know how i get on with the f+f's if the DCA's bother to reply this time... Fingers crossed. As things stand I have offered 1820 to both Moorcroft and Wescot. I will post the template used on this thread, for you peruse. (t'moro)
      Best of luck - don't respond after this round - come back here cos your offers are quite high so we need them to accept them, I do want to make a little section on F&F's and this has prompted me to deal with it and do it through the night so they will be here by morning for you 2

I'll also post the template i've been using to send token payments each month. It's not ideal so any advice on that one would be fantastic.
      Similarly, i'll create a new one of these and link you to it....... Mine are likely to be slightly blunter, than the norm ;Qt

A few months ago I made a f+f offer to Lloyds directly 1300 for the 2800 overdraft. This was refused so i was maintaining the token payments until a DCA takes over. Possible issue > There is no default for the Lloyds overdraft at present.
      Get it defaulted, cease payments to that overdraft and let them default you and sell the account on..... Have you considered reclaiming charges on this? In fact, you need to hope that the DCA's you made the £1800 offers to refuse cos then we'll start with SAR and claim all charges back to reduce the debt, meaning a lower payment will be offered.... more on this later (don't want to confuse you)!

Default information - Thanks for this. Again a massive lack of knowledge convinced me i knew exactly where i stood. Should i stop making any token payments on my Lloyds Loan in order to get a potential default asap? .. As i'm typing this seems wrong..
      Yep stop payments asap - it is not wrong, lol - you're spot on. You don't bank with Lloyds do you? If so then do not cease repayments...
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

New Thread for Settlements can be found here: ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=60
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yeah 2/3 is what they offered me!! I hung up...

But Nid Id like more on the whole thing about OD. Because my OD and loan have gone to DCAs they are harassing me despite the fact ive set up a repayment with the CAB.. So i was told I couldn't get charges back (even though we were owed about 800.00) hrm.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br
            But Nid Id like more on the whole thing about OD. Because my OD and loan have gone to DCAs they are harassing me despite the fact ive set up a repayment with the CAB.. So i was told I couldn't get charges back (even though we were owed about 800.00) hrm.
            The above makes little sense Jen - lol. Please elaborate - what do you want to know and why are you paying through CAB, just send the bank account so much each month.... to stop interest being added write and ask them for a break and you'll pay it off in XX months or stop paying and let it get sold to DCA and then haggle unfair charges and make a F&F offer....

More clear for you...?

Comment

LOL You know what Nid I just re-read that back to myself WOW thats the LAST time I type and talk to my friend on the phone haha...

Im not paying through them.. they just set up the agreements with TSB as they were hard to write to and get responses from.

I did write to them and they stopped charges for now being reviewd every6 months. Like I said the DCA offered me 7k payback on a 9k loan. im waiting for them to come down some more.

LOL yes thats more clear for me sorry darl! -- I blame the multi-taskin!

Comment

Ok well wait and see the new section later - will be relevant templates on there to refer to which will allow you to make a better offer :-)

Comment

Wow, wasn't expecting to see any replies this morning. Fantastic job with the new templates for settlements.

I have already sent my 1 pound tokens for the Lloyds a/c for September - These will be my last

Claiming charges on the Lloyds a/c - Charges totalled just over 2700. I followed the hardship route, appealed, then followed the ombudsman route (at the time when nearly all cases were being placed on hold), was refused hardship, appealed to the ombudsman and was refused again.

Issue - Since selling a jointly owned house in Nov 08 I have maintained my parents address for everything.. This is despite moving to a rented flat. My name is on the council tax, electric, water at the flat but nothing else, no electoral register or anything..

Hence, when the ombudsman asked for proof of utilities overdue, missed rent, unpaid council tax etc, i didnt follow up the claim as i didnt want to end up having the addresses linked and end up being investigated for how i'm currently making ends meet. I have nothing barring the debts and mobile phone registered at home.

I tried to reclaim Natwest charges at that time but was also refused, (about 450 on two accounts) as both accounts had been settled in full in the past.

Claiming Lloyds Credit Card charges - Lets go for this if i'm to acknowledge the debt (was awaiting the cca from Call Credit). Charges are 465.

Sar requests - Sounds good. As its 10 a time and i was confused as to what what happening when BLS started contacting me over the Lloyds CC, as well as the Lloyds Loan for a few weeks I sent a SAR request with the credit card details to BLS back in April. I received a bundle of statements, then eventually the credit card cca in July.

I have copied the templates I have used upto now below:

Comment

Token 1 pound payment - I have just sent the same letter each and every month, to accompany each postal order:

My Name
                    My address
                    xxxxxxxxxx
                    xxxxxxxxxx
                    xxxxxxxxxx

date

their address
                    xxxxxxxxxxxx
                    xxxxxxxxxxxx
                    xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Account No. xxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Ref No: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Since making that above agreement with xxxx name of original creditor xxxxx, our circumstances have changed.

We cannot now afford to agreed monthly payments because I lost my job on xxxx date xxxx and have been out of employment since this date.

In view of our circumstances, we have written to xxxx name of original creditor xxxx to request if they please accept a token offer of £1.00 per month, to be reviewed in six months. If interest or other charges are being added to the account, we would be grateful if you would freeze these so our debt does not increase.

Should my circumstances improve we will contact you again.

We would be grateful if you would send a standing order form to make it easier to pay either yourselves or xxxx name of original creditor xxxxx, as I am currently confused as to whom I should contact.

Thank you for your assistance. We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

Signed digitally

Comment

Offer for full and final settlement - Yours is much better.

My Name
                      My Address
                      xxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxxxxxx

date

their address
                      xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxxxxxxx

WITHOUT PREJUDICE
                      Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Account No. xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Ref No: xxxxxxxxxxx

I write with reference to the money which you are claiming on the above account.

I can confirm that I am unable to offer to pay the money which I owe in full as I lost my job on xxxx date xxxx and have been out of employment since this date. Despite my determination and expectation to secure employment since this time I remain unemployed.

I can confirm that I have been in contact with the CCCS in order to sort out my finances due to the change in my circumstances and they have advised me that as I have no significant assets it would be in my interest to start bankruptcy proceedings. Nevertheless as a responsible debtor, I wish to find a way to amicably settle all outstanding debts.

Via a third party, I can raise £xxxx and I want to offer this as an ex-gratia payment in full and final settlement of the account. This offer is made on the clear understanding that neither you nor any associate Company will take any other action to enforce or pursue this debt in any way whatsoever and that I will be released from any liability. This is a time sensitive offer.

I also request that you will mark any entry on a credit reference agency file relating to the above account as "satisfied" in full.
                      Payment can be made within 28 days of receiving your written agreement of this offer and method of payment.

I look forward to receiving your reply.

Yours faithfully

xxxx Digitally signed xxxx

Comment

Unable to increase full and final settlement offer + continue to make 1 pound payments.

My Name
                        My Address
                        xxxxxxxxxxx
                        xxxxxxxxxxx
                        xxxxxxxxxxx

date

their address
                        xxxxxxxxxxxx
                        xxxxxxxxxxxx
                        xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Account No. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        Ref No: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are disappointed that you were unable to accept our proposed offer as a full and final settlement, unfortunately we are unable to raise an increased offer.

As we have stated in previous correspondence, since making that above agreement with xxxx name of original creditor xxxx our circumstances have changed.

We cannot now afford to agreed monthly payments because I lost my job on xxxx date xxxx and have been out of employment since this date.

In view of our circumstances, we have written to xxxx name of original creditor xxxx to request if they please accept a token offer of £1.00 per month, to be reviewed in six months. If interest or other charges are being added to the account, we would be grateful if you would freeze these so our debt does not increase.

Should my circumstances improve we will contact you again.

We would be grateful if you would send a standing order form to make it easier to pay either yourselves or xxxx name of original creditor xxxx, as I am currently confused as to whom I should contact.

Thank you for your assistance. We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

Signed digitally

Comment

[size=5]onesteptoofar wrote:

[size=5]Yep stop payments asap - it is not wrong, lol - you're spot on. You don't bank with Lloyds do you? If so then do not cease repayments...

I have not banked with Lloyds since 2009 and have made only 1 pound token payments since then. I now have a Barclays basic cash card account which is used for rent payments for the flat/mobile phone bills/nothing else, everything else is done with cash

Comment

I have not banked with Lloyds since 2009 and have made only 1 pound token payments since then. I now have a Barclays basic cash card account which is used for rent payments for the flat/mobile phone bills/nothing else, everything else is done with cash
                            Ok, great news - see what happens and update us when you get letters etc

Comment

Received a letter today from SCM re Lloyds a/c (token 1 pound payment was sent a couple of days before this letters date).

This is the account I need to get defaulted asap.

Letter:

[size=5]"Without Prejudice"

Outstanding balance -2800, Arrears -43

We are writing to advise that our client, after careful consideration, is prepared to accept a reduced payment for the next six months on the above account (s). This includes any accounts that are in order and set out above. If you make all of these payments during this period, our client may be able to restructure your debt with them.

If you meet the following monthly payments our client will not charge any further costs associated with this debt and you will also avoid legal action. However, interest will accrue in accordance with the Terms and Conditions that govern the agreement(s) held between yourself and our client.

This monthly payment plan is based on the figures given to us by our client and provided you have not increased the debt further with our client, is correct as at the date of writing to you. Our Client tells us that in addition to the minimum monthly payment you must also pay any account fees, such as those for Select, Gld or Platinum accounts that may be applicable in your case.

YOU MUST CALL TO CONFIRM THIS SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT 0845 600 6293

If you are unable to make these payments, you must telephone us today on 0845 600 6293 with your proposals. Should we not hear from you within 7 (seven) days from the date of this letter, we will seek our cleints further instructions. When replying please include your contact number so that we may discuss your proposed offer with you.

I should say that i changed my contact number to the Lloyds helpline number around 6 months ago ;LOL

Comment

LOL, like the trick with the phone number

Regards to the letter, do you want to make a F&F offer or do you want to get it defaulted so you can pay monthly amounts....?

Comment

Working...
                                X