GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script onesteptoofar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

onesteptoofar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: onesteptoofar UE Diary

As you've waited so long, I'd just hold fire a little longer...
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie

I'll check back t'moro evening. I've some other debts to follow up on but rather than swamp my diary i thought i'd deal with them one by one throughout the week...

End of year admin clear up

Comment

Any confirmation for me on this one?

Comment

Cahoot Loan - 9k - Taken July 2003
          Outstanding balance - 9200
          No CCA produced...but no contact either...so i'm not asking!
          Last full payment made July 2008
          Not paid anything since July 2008
          No record on any credit file - Experian, CallCredit, Equifax
          DCA - Last correspondence was received was from Debt Management and Recovery Services - Sept 08 "your account is being returned to Cahoot"
          Current Status - No CCA produced. Waiting for "Statute Barred".
          Nothing received, so no update. Never confirmed any address changes over time.

Should i sit tight and hold out until 6 yrs are up, or contact them and notify a contact address? ...seems a daft question, but i may as well ask

Comment

I think I would wait. Let us know if you receive anything.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Lloyds Loan - 20k - Taken July 2005
              Enforceable CCA - Niddy checked
              Outstanding balance - 7500
              Last full payment made - June 2009
              Token 1 pound payments made to relevant DCA's Oct 09-Present
              Default - Nov 2009
              Have not made any token £1 payments since Sept 2010.
              DCA - The latest DCA was IQOR Recovery Services Ltd (letter received to old address threatening we MAY commence legal action)
              Current Status - Last letter they received from me > Final Response - Unenforceability (CCA Received)
              Should i contact IQOR with an account sold in dispute letter, including the change of address?

The sole letter i have received from IQOR was in May '12

The reason i'm keen on updating contact details is the old address is my mums... She wasn't impressed when the council tax baliffs turned up once over!

Thanks in advance,
              onesteptoofar

Comment

Originally posted by onesteptoofar View Post
                Should i contact IQOR with an account sold in dispute letter, including the change of address?

The sole letter i have received from IQOR was in May '12

The reason i'm keen on updating contact details is the old address is my mums... She wasn't impressed when the council tax baliffs turned up once over!

Thanks in advance,
                onesteptoofar
                If they haven't bothered you for seven months on an enforceable account I would be inclined to let sleeping dogs lie. As the alternative address is one of a family member, no-one will be able to send court papers there to get judgment in default.

I would just be ready to include address change information the next time a threat came.

SH

Comment

I have read this dairy it goes to show even if you have the best intention to pay them f&f these creditors are so greedy!!! It has been two years for you, I am glad you did not pay them.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                    If they haven't bothered you for seven months on an enforceable account I would be inclined to let sleeping dogs lie. As the alternative address is one of a family member, no-one will be able to send court papers there to get judgment in default.

I would just be ready to include address change information the next time a threat came.

SH
                    Thanks ScabHunter, I'll sit tight on this one.

Comment

Lloyds Credit Card
                      Limit increased to 10k over the years - Taken July 05
                      Outstanding balance - 13500
                      Default - Nov 2009
                      Nothing paid since Sept 2009
                      DCA - Was Apex Credit Management, went back to Lloyds, then Robinson Way Ltd...last correspondence was in June '11 from Robinson Way offering £30pm repayment which i didn't respond to. Ex-girlfriends mother then contacted by IQOR...so i did a disassociation with the CRA's in Oct '11
                      Last posted on this one in July, when i'd received my first direct correspondence since the disassociation with an ex.

Since then, i have not sent anything to anyone...

June '12 - Letter received from IQOR 'MAY commence legal action....'
                      July '12 - Letter received from GPB notifying me they have been contacted by IQOR and 'MAY commence legal proceedings..'
                      August '12 - Letter from GPB 'Legal action pending...county court claim MAY be issued... ' Possible court costs listed.
                      August '12 - Letter from Lloyds notifying transfer of debt to Wescot
                      August '12 - Wescot notifying they have been instructed by Lloyds to recover the debt.
                      September '12 - Letter from Wescot confirming their records show me at the address and i have not responded. Contact us to pay within 10 days...
                      September '12 - Nelson Guest Solicitors on behalf of Wescot. 'Wescot is prepared to offer you a 50% discount to settle your account...£6700.. offer valid until ...or will withdraw offer and continue to recover the full outstanding balance'

Is there anything to send / if there is, who should i send it to? Obviously i have no ability or intention to settle for anything like 50%. Statute barred after 6yrs is much more appealing

Thanks in advance
                      onesteptoofar

Comment

Last posted on this one in July, when i'd received my first direct correspondence since the disassociation with an ex.

June '12 - Letter received from IQOR 'MAY commence legal action....'
                        July '12 - Letter received from GPB notifying me they have been contacted by IQOR and 'MAY commence legal proceedings..'
                        August '12 - Letter from GPB 'Legal action pending...county court claim MAY be issued... ' Possible court costs listed.
                        August '12 - Letter from Lloyds notifying transfer of debt to Wescot
                        August '12 - Wescot notifying they have been instructed by Lloyds to recover the debt.
                        September '12 - Letter from Wescot confirming their records show me at the address and i have not responded. Contact us to pay within 10 days...
                        September '12 - Nelson Guest Solicitors on behalf of Wescot. 'Wescot is prepared to offer you a 50% discount to settle your account...£6700.. offer valid until ...or will withdraw offer and continue to recover the full outstanding balance'

Is there anything to send / if there is, who should i send it to? Obviously i have no ability or intention to settle for anything like 50%. Statute barred after 6yrs is much more appealing

Thanks in advance
                        onesteptoofar
                        Have you received anything since September? If not, definitely leave well alone. Wasteclot are one of the most useless of all the DCAs, and the fact that their pseudo-licitors were offering 50% discounts means this is not heading to court any time soon.

Wait until you receive another threat before you do anything else.

SH

Comment

Thanks ScabHunter, nothing received since September so i'll sit tight...

Comment

Nationwide Loan - 20k - Taken Sept 04
                            Outstanding balance - 7500
                            Default - Feb 2010
                            Last full payment made - August 2009
                            Token 1 pound payments have been made every month bar 2 since Sept 09 until Sept '10 when i stopped all payments.
                            DCA - MKRR
                            Current Status - Sent harrassment and account sold in dispute letters to MKRR - Milton Keynes Rapid Recoveries in June.
                            Last posted on this one in July, when i sent an harrassment and account sold in dispute letters to MKRR.

June '12 - Letter received from Raven Recoveries notifying account has now been passed to Keynes Collections for litigation consideration
                            July '12 - Letter received MKDP acknowledging receipt of a/c in dispute letter... 'we are in receipt of your recent correspondence in regards to the outstanding balance....we will be liasing with the original creditor..."
                            September '12 - Letter received from MKDP with copy of my Nationwide statements, albeit addressed to incorrect Christian name.
                            October '12 - Letter received from MKDP with copy of my signed CCA (as per Niddy checked enforceable signed copy) - letter addressed to my correct christian name
                            November '12 - Letter received from MKDP, 'we must apologise as we are still unable to resolve your query. We are currently liasing with Nationwide and we will contact you as soon as we receive a response from them...'

Any thing to send to MKDP or should i sit tight? First time a DCA has sent me an enforceable copy of my CCA

Comment

October '12 - Letter received from MKDP with copy of my signed CCA (as per Niddy checked enforceable signed copy) - letter addressed to my correct christian name
                              November '12 - Letter received from MKDP, 'we must apologise as we are still unable to resolve your query. We are currently liasing with Nationwide and we will contact you as soon as we receive a response from them...'

Any thing to send to MKDP or should i sit tight? First time a DCA has sent me an enforceable copy of my CCA
                              Eh? So they sent an enforceable CCA, and then a month later sent a 'still unable to resolve your query' letter?

They obviously haven't got a clue what they are doing. As before, wait to see what they send next.

SH

Comment

I double checked the letter dates at the time of posting. I remember thinking 'f@@k' when the copy CCA was received...but i sigh of relief when the next letter came.

It's stressful trying to deal with a mountain of debt hence why i end up leaving everything to mount up. Trying to start 2013 on the best foot and get everything upto date, correspondence sent etc before the festivities.

Everyones help is much appreciated

Thanks,

onesteptoofar

Comment

Working...
                                X