GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script onesteptoofar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

onesteptoofar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: onesteptoofar UE Diary

Nationwide Loan - 20k - Taken Sept 04
    Enforceable CCA - Niddy checked
    Outstanding balance - 7500
    Default - Feb 2010
    Last full payment made - August 2009
    Token 1 pound payments made until Sept '10 when i stopped all payments.
    DCA - MKDP
    Last correspondence - I sent 'formal letter before action' response to MKDP (Jan '15) in response to their letter by recorded delivery including my signed enforceable CCA with accompanying letter 'formal demand for payment'.
    Letter received from MKDP replying to my 'formal letter before action' letter.

They include a copy of statement, CCA and notice of default referring to my Practice Direction Pre Action Conduct as a final response to my concerns.

'Due to the information stated i regret to advise that i am unable to uphold your complaint'

we request you contact us to discuss your account....should you remain unhappy with our response you do have the right to refer your concern to the financial ombudsman service. this must be done within 6 months of the date of this letter....

(head in hands...) now what

Comment

Originally posted by onesteptoofar View Post
      Letter received from MKDP replying to my 'formal letter before action' letter.

They include a copy of statement, CCA and notice of default referring to my Practice Direction Pre Action Conduct as a final response to my concerns.

'Due to the information stated i regret to advise that i am unable to uphold your complaint'

we request you contact us to discuss your account....should you remain unhappy with our response you do have the right to refer your concern to the financial ombudsman service. this must be done within 6 months of the date of this letter....

(head in hands...) now what
      Anything to respond with to MKDP?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Received a letter from Wescot 'reduced settlement offer'.

'we have written to you on several occasions asking you to contact us but have not received a response. In an attempt to close this matter our client has agreed to offer you a discount to settle your account'

Anything to send?
        I think I would send http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...final-response

Anything to respond with to MKDP?

Thanks in advance

I would send a new CCA Request http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...22-cca-request ASAP as they can't issue a claim when there is an outstanding CCA Request. However, this may only buy a little time a it looks like they may go ahead with a claim
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          I think I would send http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...final-response

I would send a new CCA Request http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...22-cca-request ASAP as they can't issue a claim when there is an outstanding CCA Request. However, this may only buy a little time a it looks like they may go ahead with a claim

Hi Pixie, thanks for the reply

MKDP already included a copy of the enforceable CCA in with their last letter... you mean send another request to try and stall them?

Comment

MKDP already included a copy of the enforceable CCA in with their last letter... you mean send another request
            Yes. Send a new CCA request unless your last CCA request was made within the previous 30 days.

Can you post the full history of this MKDP account not just the recent update. That way we can see what's gone on before.

Sorry to seem demanding but I haven't had time to read back through your thread (that's my problem not yours) and I want to help you act fast since I'm battling two county court claims against them at the moment so I know they're litigious.

This is a £7.5k debt which Niddy has said is enforceable so they may be willing to take a punt. Let's see if we can head them off at the pass

Plan B xx

Comment

Hi onesteptoofar.

Could you update us? Did you send a new CCA request to MKDP?
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
              X