GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script onesteptoofar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

onesteptoofar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Full and Final Settlement Letters

Ideally i just want to try and get it out of the way, but i'll listen to your advice as to how best to do that.

From the letter and from my token payments i'd guess it may take a few more months to get defaulted?

I had an offer of 1300 as f+f refused, but wouldn't be keen to increase that given the entire balance can be attributed to charges.

Comment

Hmm, got ya! Sorry, needed a little booster to jog the old memory!

Ok, so write back and say fook-orf, I offer £1000 in F&F - take it or leave it and then tell them if they leave it that you'll pay £1 per month for----- EVER! Send a copy of your last F&F letter or use one of mine on the new section ---> viewtopic.php?f=60&t=350

p.s. i'm aware that i'm suggesting you drop it by £300 but that is their own fault for being greedy fookers ;D ;D
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cool. I've merged together part of yours and part of my previous letters. How does this sound?

[size=5]Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Account No. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Ref No: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I write with reference to previous communication dated 21st September 2010, regarding an outstanding balance on the above mentioned account and wish to make an offer to resolve that will suitably please both parties.

As we have stated in previous correspondence, since making that above agreement with Lloyds TSB plc our circumstances have changed. We cannot now afford to agreed monthly payments because I lost my job on xxxx date xxxx and have been out of employment since this date and therefore, I am unable to offer to pay the money which I owe in full, however I am able to raise £1000 and wish to offer this as an ex-gratia payment in full and final settlement of the account. This offer is made on the clear understanding that, if accepted, neither you or any associate company will take any other action to enforce or pursue this debt in any way whatsoever and that I will be released from any liability. I also request that, if accepted, you will mark any entry on a credit reference agency file relating to the above account as "satisfied" in full.

Payment can be made within 28 days of receiving your written agreement of this offer and confirmed preferred method of payment. If this offer is not deemed acceptable, in view of our circumstances, we request SCM please accept a token offer of £1.00 per month, to be reviewed in six months. If interest or other charges are being added to the account, we would be grateful if you would freeze these so our debt does not increase, notwithstanding the fact I consider the balance to be £XX and any additional charges will be disregarded. I am in debt with a host of companies, my next option is bankruptcy so if I were you, i'd seriously consider accepting this offer prior to receiving an official creditor petition - which is all you'll see from this debt, other than a measly £1 per month for (ever).

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

Signed digitally

Comment

Letter edited - try that version lol - its more "direct" which is what you want them to think....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Excellent stuff. Certainly more to the point, lol.

Thanks again Niddy, I'll let you know how i get on.

Comment

Originally posted by onesteptoofar
              Excellent stuff. Certainly more to the point, lol.

Thanks again Niddy, I'll let you know how i get on.

Exactly, you're telling them what YOU'LL do - not asking their permission to pay them a grand! Muppets....

They will refuse, at which point ignore it til they write again, then hit them with the same letter - eventually someone will listen and counter offer and we'll get you sorted below the £1300 originally offered lol (fingers crossed).... ;LOL

Comment

Received a letter today from Debt Managers Ltd (Lloyds Credit Card, my last correspondence to Debt Managers Ltd was 23rd June - cca reminder sent, and their last letter was received 25th June - actions on the account are on hold whilst awaiting cca from client).

A month after this Call Credit made their first contact.

The Debt Managers letter received today reads:

[size=5]Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that we are no longer dealing with the account number shown above.

Our file has been closed and returned to our client Lloyds TSB Bank plc.

We can confirm that no further action will be taken by Debt Managers Ltd in relation to this account, and that all future communication and payments should be made directly to our client Lloyds TSB Bank plc.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

LOL, just ignore - nice one y

Comment

Received three letters today, one from Lloyds for the credit card and two from Wescot.

From Lloyds (also enclosed was an income and expenditure form):

[size=5]Dear Mr x

Account No: xxxx
                    Balance: 13500

I feel it is important to let you know that our agents have been in touch with us in connection with your account. They say that they have been unable to agree a repayment programme and suggest we take legal action against you.

You can prevent us taking legal action by paying off the full outstanding balance of this account within ten days.

If you are unable to send payment in full, please complete and return the questionnaire overleaf to enable us to assess your financial situation.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

If you wish to make a payment today using either your Debit or Credit card then please contact us on the above telephone number.

Yours sincerely,

Managers Assistant
                    Consumer Debt Recovery

From Wescot:

[size=5]Dear Sir,

Client: Nationwide Building Society
                    Balance: 7500

Following your recent communication regarding your offer of full and final of the outstanding balance.

After contacting our client who have decided not to accept your offer but are able to offer a 25% discount of 5630 as full and final settlement, proving you confirm your acceptance of this offer and payment is received within the next 30 days of acceptance date.

Payment can be made by cheque/postal order quoting your account number on the reverse and sent to the above address.

Failure to comply with the above, will result in the full balance being payable.

Yours faithfully,

Advice Agency Support Unit

From Wescot (dated 2 days after the above letter):

[size=5]Final Notice

Dear Mr xxx

Despite previous correspondence a balance remains outstanding on the above account. Unless you make contact with us and agree repayment of 7500 within the next 10 days, collection activity will continue on the account. This may lead to either us or our client:

- Instructing a door step collector to visit your property to collect payment; or
                    - Taking a Court action for repayment of the outstanding balance. If legal proceedings are issued and a Judgement or a Decree is obtained against you, court fees and legal costs could increase the amount you owe.

Call us now on 0844 824 1154 to discuss repayment of this debt. Details of the different ways you can pay are given on the back of this letter.

PAYMENT DUE BEFORE 3RD OCTOBER 2010

Comment

Received three letters today, one from Lloyds for the credit card and two from Wescot.

From Lloyds (also enclosed was an income and expenditure form):
                      Hang on, is this the same Lloyds account that you've offered £1k to? For a £13.5k balance? I'm confused here - is this the same account as this one here: ---> viewtopic.php?p=12146#p12146

Please clarify. If not you need to look at emailing me the letters, reducing the amount you type and allowing me an easier life cos right now I don't have the time nor inclination toread 3 pages to find out which account we're referring to..... usually it's nice to have a brief update, stop typing the letters - take a photo and email me - its easier and less confusing and less time consuming!

So I need you to clarify which account this is and a summary of events to date please.

Comment

From Wescot:

[size=5]Dear Sir,

Client: Nationwide Building Society
                        Balance: 7500

Following your recent communication regarding your offer of full and final of the outstanding balance.

After contacting our client who have decided not to accept your offer but are able to offer a 25% discount of 5630 as full and final settlement, proving you confirm your acceptance of this offer and payment is received within the next 30 days of acceptance date.

Payment can be made by cheque/postal order quoting your account number on the reverse and sent to the above address.

Failure to comply with the above, will result in the full balance being payable.

Yours faithfully,

Advice Agency Support Unit

From Wescot (dated 2 days after the above letter):

[size=5]Final Notice

Dear Mr xxx

Despite previous correspondence a balance remains outstanding on the above account. Unless you make contact with us and agree repayment of 7500 within the next 10 days, collection activity will continue on the account. This may lead to either us or our client:

- Instructing a door step collector to visit your property to collect payment; or
                        - Taking a Court action for repayment of the outstanding balance. If legal proceedings are issued and a Judgement or a Decree is obtained against you, court fees and legal costs could increase the amount you owe.

Call us now on 0844 824 1154 to discuss repayment of this debt. Details of the different ways you can pay are given on the back of this letter.

PAYMENT DUE BEFORE 3RD OCTOBER 2010
                        What offer can you afford/did you originally make for this debt - or haven't you? Again, when you communicate on here you need to give me some background please....

Comment

Apologies for the long postings and confusion Niddy.

This is the Lloyds Credit card, not the Lloyds account I offered the 1000 f+f for.

Lloyds Credit Card - 13500, no payments made since Sept 09 when no cca was produced. Debt was passed from Lloyds > SCM > MHA > BLS > Debt Managers > Call Credit... Out of the blue a cca was received in July '10 following a sar request from months earlier. (you checked the cca and it is enforceable)

Each time the debt has been passed on i've cca'd the company.

- After cca'ing Debt Managers Ltd and cca reminding them they placed the account on hold.
                          - I then had contact from Call Credit...who i cca'd and have cca remindered
                          - A couple of days ago i received a letter from Debt Managers Ltd saying the account had been returned to Lloyds. (posted above on Tue 28)
                          - Yesterday received the letter from Lloyds (posted above on Thurs 30)

Outstanding balance 13500 - Over 9k of the balance can be attributed to interest over the years and there are 465 worth of charges which i have never claimed back.

I can afford to make a f+f for upto 3300.

I'm not sure whether i should try and claim back charges to reduce the debt, or go straight for the f+f.

Comment

Hold fire - back later yea?

Comment

Wescot - Nationwide Loan - 7500

Offered 1820 - rejected.

Wescot have counter-offered - 5630

I can afford 2300 this month.

Ideally i'd like to counter offer them, but i'm not sure if its better to counter-offer them now, or just write to say i'm unable to increase the f+f 1820 offer and will continue to make 1 pound token payments.

Comment

Cool, I'll be around all day today.

Thanks again for taking the time to read.

Comment

Working...
                                X