GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HFO Services - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HFO Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HFO Services

Hi all,

Back in about 2003 / 2004, i took out barclaycard creditcard, which has not been paid since 2006. After moving around alot both in the uk and abroad, i have finally settled down, and been caught by hfo services about 6 months ago.

They started by calling me atwork,for which i refused to speak to (i was at work, not ignoring them) and they have even gone to the extent of trying to speak to my manager! Several letters then started to arrive, dated about a week before delivery, demanding 72 hours to settle.

I initiated contact with then, and they refused to deal with me viamail, but i managed to get a direct debit form from them. This looked likeit had been copy and pasted, with bad english and grammar.

I then sent them a CCA, this was in May.

I finally received a reply to the CCA past week. Although it appears to be official from barclay card to HFO, there is no T&C, no contract, just 2 or 3 pages of statements. I also believe the amount they claim I owe is over double the true value.

I have no issue paying my debt, but Im not giving a penny to these "people", and from what I understand, this is not enforcable?

Does Anyone havea suggestionson next course of action?

Thank you

Re: HFO Services

Jesus christ - they done what, and please tell me your manager can agree that they tried to discuss this with him - talk about digging their own grave here or what!

Do you know when you last paid, very important......? Rough date/year is all we need...

Do not pay anything yet, trust me here

by the way, welcome to AAD
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi N-i-D,

From what I understood, they never actually got through to them, but the attempt was enough for me. I have heard alot of stories though about them attempting things like that and making threats to "debtors", so I think that is actually quite mild for what they attempt.

I have spoken to OFT in the past, and they were very interested in my story to them, and suggested to send the CCA. Because I didnt hear anything from the CCA for nearly 6 months, I kind of forgot to follow up the complaint with the OFT, hind sight, I should have been strait into my emails and got that sent.

Part of the CCA they sent (if it can be called that), was what looks like my remaining 2 or 3 statements from Barclaycard, and these look official from Barclay's. On there must have been the last payment I had made, will post that this evening if it is on there.

In the meantime, is there anything that I can actually do to keep them away from me? I am expecting a telephone call anytime soon to chase my response, either way I have to answer the call, as I am expecting too many phonecalls, and dont know numbers.

Thanks

Kev

Comment

Hang in there kev. Niddy is on your case but if you can get a bit more information posted up tonight help will be on the way. We have people on here with big issues and scores to settle with this mob and as well as helping you, will add fuel to the bonfire already lit underneath them.

Welcome to AAD!

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by KevinSeddon View Post
          Hi N-i-D,

From what I understood, they never actually got through to them, but the attempt was enough for me. I have heard alot of stories though about them attempting things like that and making threats to "debtors", so I think that is actually quite mild for what they attempt.

I have spoken to OFT in the past, and they were very interested in my story to them, and suggested to send the CCA. Because I didnt hear anything from the CCA for nearly 6 months, I kind of forgot to follow up the complaint with the OFT, hind sight, I should have been strait into my emails and got that sent.

Part of the CCA they sent (if it can be called that), was what looks like my remaining 2 or 3 statements from Barclaycard, and these look official from Barclay's. On there must have been the last payment I had made, will post that this evening if it is on there.

In the meantime, is there anything that I can actually do to keep them away from me? I am expecting a telephone call anytime soon to chase my response, either way I have to answer the call, as I am expecting too many phonecalls, and dont know numbers.

Thanks

Kev
          Hiya

Ok, best to send a template to get the calls at work to stop BUT before any of that I need history, ie why write to them if it's almost statute barred etc so before anything please provide more info such as start dates and dates last paid....

Thanks mate
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have just been trying to work dates out (with some other things happening around the same time period), and the latest I would have made a payment was August / September 2005 (October 2005 I was out of the country)

I should definately be able to confirm that this evening though

Comment

Originally posted by insom View Post
              I have just been trying to work dates out (with some other things happening around the same time period), and the latest I would have made a payment was August / September 2005 (October 2005 I was out of the country)

Looks like it could be SB.......
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok it'll be statute barred

Send this and do not admit to anything! ---> You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It

Comment

Edit - don't send that just yet, let me amend it and incorporate a threat for the work harassment - bear with me yea - ten mins or so

Comment

Hi N-i-D,

Thanks

Kev
                    HFO lol, Idiots!!!
                    These clowns brake every rule in the book!!
                    They did a split claim on me then I had it stayed but as these people are idiots they again threatened me with legal action lol...

I'm very much helping OFT with this case and have agreed to hand over all my evidence and more. The case is VERY soon that's all I can work out reading between the lines so let's hope they get there licence taken from them...

PLEASE REPORT HFO!! Contact Sharon Delliston at OFT I'm sure she will be very interested in this case

Comment

Send this instead!

Keep us updated with any response they send you

Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself. I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to {INSERT CREDITOR NAME}. I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question. I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable and in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and unfair methods. Furthermore ignoring and disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical & psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question and await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

Regards the above point, I note you have also attempted to ring me at my old place of work - you have never been given the details to call such a number and this practice must cease immediately otherwise I shall instigate proceedings against you and follow this up with a formal complaint to your regulatory bodies questioning your ability to retain your Consumer Credit Licence. A copy of this letter will be sent to the MoJ for their perusal as phonecalls at work is strictly forbidden especially on a debt that you are unsure of the exact owner.

The fact you are continually calling me at my place of work proves you have no respect for legislation set out by the Office of Fair Trading which clearly states that you cannot cause me embarrassment, harass me or pursue a disputed debt. Which area of your own Debt Collection Policies do you not understand, and I will spell it out for you? I demand that these calls cease effective immediately, any further breaches will result in my seeking a judgement order against you as well as claiming compensation and all costs for my breakdown and possible loss of occupation as a result of your intimidating and harassing calls, at my place of employment.

I await your prompt response providing proof of any such liability for this alleged account, which for the record I do not acknowledge in any way or form.

Yours faithfully

Sign digitally

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                        PLEASE REPORT HFO!! Contact Sharon Delliston at OFT I'm sure she will be very interested in this case
                        Thank you - can you please start a thread with this and her contact details and we will refer everyone to them that has problems as I agree, they need their CCL revoking sooner than later (as do Cabot).....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Send this instead!

Keep us updated with any response they send you
                          Please don't forget to send it Recorded Delivery and keep the receipt, you may need it later on.

Read the section about 'signing digitally' if you are not sure what that means.

Good luck

MK
                          One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                          Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Wow, thanks for the input guys, very appreciated!

Originally posted by sam View Post
                            Do you have any contact information which I can forward this on. Unfortunately evidence is very limited, but I will definately put forward a complaint this time round.

Niddy, I noted in one of your previous posts that this account should be statute barred (is that correct?), would it be worth while stating that in the letter?

And one last question on the letter. If I send that letter off, and they do some how, magically, do respond with some kind of proof (ie signed contract), what position would that leave me in?

I am just trying to put myself in their shoes, and I can imagine me replying back saying that they fulfilled the CCA blah blah blah ...

Comment

Wow, thanks for the input guys, very appreciated!

Do you have any contact information which I can forward this on. Unfortunately evidence is very limited, but I will definately put forward a complaint this time round.

Niddy, I noted in one of your previous posts that this account should be statute barred (is that correct?), would it be worth while stating that in the letter?

And one last question on the letter. If I send that letter off, and they do some how, magically, do respond with some kind of proof (ie signed contract), what position would that leave me in?

I am just trying to put myself in their shoes, and I can imagine me replying back saying that they fulfilled the CCA blah blah blah ...
                              Hiya

No - no complaint yet as you're technically disputing the legibility of the debt so whatever you do, ONLY send that letter!

No, its not statute barred to you is it - as it's not yours?

Point I mean here is that if you go in all guns blazing now saying its SB and you got your dates wrong by a month, you're fucked (pardon the pun) - so it's best to send the prove it first, then see what happens.

trust me.....

Comment

Working...
                              X