GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Welcome finance/ uk credit search - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome finance/ uk credit search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome finance/ uk credit search

Hi

Not sure where to go with this one OH had a letter come today from uk credit search saying he owed £2500 from a car loan. He did have a car loan but to his knowledge this was paid off when the car was written off in an insurance claim, and cant find the paperwork for it as he has moved a few times. This was before we met in either late 05' or early 06'. He cant remember when. Anyway he assures me this was paid out in the insurance claim, and im assuming that they are grasping at straws as it must be coming up to the 6yr mark.

What apporach would you take with this, also its not on his credit file as that is clean.

Many Thanks
    Sarah

Re: Welcome finance/ uk credit search

Just ignore this - totally! Do not respond or anything......

I'd have thought it'd have been cleared via insurance if he had GAP in place, otherwise there could have been a shortfall from the value and the loan at that time....

As I say, i'd be ignoring it as it may well be coming up to the SB mark and they are sending a final chaser....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

hi

thanks will ignore :-)

Comment

hi

have ercieved another letter from uksearchltd today saying action must now be considered call now to stop this happening, why havent you returned our letters. This will take the format of other formal collection methods best suited to your circumstances.

Do we still ignore ? or try and gain more info on the debt ?

many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sarah76 View Post
          hi

have ercieved another letter from uksearchltd today saying action must now be considered call now to stop this happening, why havent you returned our letters. This will take the format of other formal collection methods best suited to your circumstances.

Do we still ignore ? or try and gain more info on the debt ?

many thanks
          stop opening letters and send them back as addressee unknown! Then they'll back off whilst they waste time and money doing searches

But you need to ignore them - this is how they get people to pay up, do not fall for it! - keep up the fight!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Well we have had a\solicitors letter from Incasso debt recovery solicitors dated 17th may stating we have 10 days to contact uk search ltd. Only recieved it today !! 3rd June !

What do we do now ??

we cant have any court action taken against us I dont think I could deal with the stress of it right now

Please advise many thanks in advance
            Sarah

Comment

hi sarah,
              Dont stress niddy will be along soon to advise, If you have been sending the letters back as niddy advised Not Known Here, they would be unlikely to risk a couple of hundred quid on the off chance you are the person they are seeking by going to court. They are only interested in making money not spending their own.
              Good Luck
              Helmsman

Comment

hi i didnt have anymore letters sent to me to send back, so havent done that. Im really curious as to the date of this loan as it must be coming up for the SB mark. Thats if it even exisists as hubby sure it was paid out GRRRRRR lol

Comment

Hiya

Listen if hubby is adamant that it's been paid then why worry? Just let them take you to court if he's that sure....

However with the tone of your posts I suspect neither of you are that sure its been settled/paid are you? So I suggest you speak to him and fish some more, ie does he have any paperwork from the time, anything at all? If not, then he would be best ringing the old insurers and asking them if they still have notes - if it is under 6 years then they will do - they have to under DPA/HMRC rules.....

Not much we can do, you've gotta see it through and see what happens - if you contact them now then you could reopen a SB case and their threats may win, however they may not just be threats - its a gamble, really I cannot advise what to do cos you seem shit scared of a ccj (why?).....

If you find that he does owe it then you get a month to settle the ccj and it'll be removed, without trace!

Comment

Hi

Im not worried but he has just started his own business and it can affect his credit status for that ??? (not sure tbh). Im not sure whether or not it was paid out as it was before we met and he was going through a rough time he, didnt have an address he was living in his car so he doesnt have any paperwork as it was moved about various stop points etc and got lost. It has taken a long time to get back on his feet etc not that that is an excuse but just trying to explain situation.

I will ask him what the insurer was and see if i can get anymore info

Comment

Right .......

Just had another conversation with hubby over this and it turns out that a CCA request letter was sent to them about 6 months ago when the fiirst letter came through. In niavity not realising about the staue barr thing. So im guessing now it makes no difference whether I question the loan now as SB has now been set back to 2017. I think when I sent out a bunch of letters for mine his just got bundled in so my mistake i think.

Anyway I certainly have not had anything back from them, so im now assuming that we start the process from scratch now and see what they bring back, if it turns out legit it will be a costly learning experience on our part. They will be offered reduced payments anyway.

Sorry this has been such a drama post, I seem to be meandering from one drama to another lately and this has been the tip of a long line of bad luck lately

Thanks for being paitient Niddy you must get very frustrated with people !

Can you please just confirm that I can try EU with this ??

Comment

Just had another conversation with hubby over this and it turns out that a CCA request letter was sent to them about 6 months ago when the fiirst letter came through. In niavity not realising about the staue barr thing. So im guessing now it makes no difference whether I question the loan now as SB has now been set back to 2017.
                        Not true, a CCA Request does not alter SB as "my" templates refer to an "alleged debt" - NOT "my debt"......

Depends what cca you sent really.....

Comment

Thanks for being paitient Niddy you must get very frustrated with people !
                          Who me......? No comment!

Can you please just confirm that I can try EU with this ??
                          Nope, i'd suggest you continue to ignore them and see what they do, would you be in a position to settle/haggle if they did try court?

Comment

It would have been one from CAG not here it was before I was enlightened and coverted ;-) lol Unfortunatly we are not in a position to settle so would have to offer payments if it came to it

Comment

Ok so see what happens and if they start proceedings then admit the claim and offer repayments.

Yea a ccj won't help hubby if he's started new business; but it's a gamble whatever you do cos they "could" be bluffing whereas they "could" be serious. If you're certain he settled it via insurance then in the meantime, just in case they take action, go to templates and send the advanced SAR to the insurers so you get copies of everything should you need to defend a claim.

It'll cost £10. I can't post the link as I'm on iPhone!

Comment

Working...
                              X