GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot and Citi - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot and Citi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot and Citi

I really need some advice, as the Citizens Advice Bureau has been rubbish.
    I had a credit card back in 2002, was out of work in 2003 so CAB helped arrange token payments, only one refused and carried on chasing adding interest etc, in 2005 got a letter from DCA who bought the debt so arranged to make payments to them, paid them until Oct 2007, phoned to say I was moving house, they said they would contact original creditor to arrange to get the rest of the account written off. Moved house, had another baby shortly after, and forgot about never receiving confirmation of said agreement.
    In Sept 2010 get a letter from Cabot chasing for the old debt and for a different amount.
    Stupid me called them to ask them what it was for as I paid a DCA. Off I went to CAB, they told me to send for a CCA, which I did.
    Got the £1 fee back off Cabot saying they were chasing the original creditor for details and they were not accepting the fee. Although they still wanted payment and interest was being added. CAB didn't have a clue what to do next and sent me on my way.
    Letters have gone back and forth and I put the account in dispute, although this took some doing as they said lack of agreement was not a legal dispute, also requested all debits and credits aswell as terms and conditions etc.
    I have pointed out that under HMRC rules account records are to be kept for at least seven years, they ignored this.
    Still have not sent me them, in one breath they have said they are under no obligation to provide this but in the next breath they are saying that original creditor may not have the info. I have even mentioned a problem I had with fraud in 2006 on my credit file, they have asked me to provide them with all my previous address history so they can investigate, which was the last letter I received off them, have not sent them the details yet. They have tried to twist everything I say to them.
    They have said the last payment they have details of was august 2007 but I have receipts to show I made payments up to Oct 2007. Which I have not mentioned as I have not accepted liability for the debt.
    All I want to know is what I am paying for and if there was PPI on the original account as when I was out of work I could have claimed on it if I had known. The amount was £729 outstanding with the DCA in Oct 2007 but on one of the letters it states £893.
    Sorry it’s so long but I am stuck of which way to turn.

Re: Cabot and Citi

Hi & Welcome

Just ignore them, nothing much they will do now, and if they do then we'll help you beat them away. Don't stress about it, it won't become Statute Barred until 2013 as you paid until 2007; however just leave things as they are - as you've requested a CCA then they are in default and cannot enforce the debt anyway.

Its stalemate until they respond to your request - leave it until they do, don't waste time replying - but keep us updated here, of anything you get sent through the post about it.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you. I did not reply to the last letter, my hubby said to ignore them until the can give me the paperwork requested. Just wish i had chased up the written off letter off the last DCA in 2007.
      Will post on here again as soon as i receive something back.

Comment

Originally posted by Deegee View Post
        Thank you. I did not reply to the last letter, my hubby said to ignore them until the can give me the paperwork requested. Just wish i had chased up the written off letter off the last DCA in 2007.
        Will post on here again as soon as i receive something back.
        You can always send a SAR to the DCA who will then have to send you all paperwork they have on you, did they ever write to you or was it verbal? if verbal, this is why we never speak to DCA's - only deal in writing.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I called them first when i got the first letter and i clearly stated i had paid the original DCA. After this i sent a CCA request, this was in Sept 2010, the even sent me back the £1 fee which i thought odd. Lettershave gone back and forth since as i will not speak to them again.

Comment

Can you specifically confirm, did they confirm to you in writing that the debt was extinguished or was it done verbally?

Thanks

Comment

It was verbally when i called them to change my address, got a name of who i spoke to and told Cabot this. When i moved house i had my post redirected for 6 months and had nothing, i was silly not to chase it up but i had a lot on my mind at the time so no letter to confirm.
              Originally when i first defaulted in 2003 the CAB sent them an offer of payment as i was out of work, they said no and kept adding interest etc and in 2005 when i was in work i paid the DCA monthly. I did not check in 2003 if i had payment protection at the time, was young and silly and thought CAB would help me.

Comment

Originally posted by Deegee View Post
                It was verbally when i called them to change my address, got a name of who i spoke to and told Cabot this. When i moved house i had my post redirected for 6 months and had nothing, i was silly not to chase it up but i had a lot on my mind at the time so no letter to confirm.
                Originally when i first defaulted in 2003 the CAB sent them an offer of payment as i was out of work, they said no and kept adding interest etc and in 2005 when i was in work i paid the DCA monthly. I did not check in 2003 if i had payment protection at the time, was young and silly and thought CAB would help me.
                Ok, so to clarify leave this alone and let us know as and when you hear anything, especially the CCA.

Don't worry about it now, not much they can (or will) do....

Comment

Thank you and will letyou know.

Comment

Working...
                  X