GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg Debt - CCA Request - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg Debt - CCA Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg Debt - CCA Request

I posted this on another site, but this site seems to have more knowledge so hopefully someone can help.

So back in Oct 2004 I took out an Egg credit card, around 2007 I got into some problems. It was passed on to DCA who I started to pay for a set amount each month, and pretty much paid this without fail for 7 years or so.

So fast forward to today. It has dropped off my credit file, and I did some quick maths and think I am owed money as I may have overpaid. I dont know for sure as I have no statements. A number of DCA's have had my file, so it it a bit messy but the last DCA could not provide statements, they had written to Barclaycard (formerly Egg) but could not get the replies required and put the account into dispute. I heard nothing for months.

The latest DCA (Robinson Way) called up, and I said to them the situtation was the same as it was for the former DCA, that I wanted a breakdown of what I paid for the last 7 + years, along with a signed copy of the agreement. They put the account into dispute again, and I wait for some months.

I then receive an "agreement" which has my old address, passwords, email addresses I would have used back in 2004 for the application, but it is not signed, has no tick box, and no T&C's. It look like a spreadsheet - but not headed paper etc.

Still no statements showing what I paid, so account is in dispute still, but is the agreement sufficient for them to act on if I do or don't get the statements?

Re: Egg Debt - CCA Request

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

send copy of the agreement to above without any scratching out Niddy will check it for you for starters.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Scotty and welcome to AAD

Which DCA had the account for seven years? Have you sent them a Subject Access Request for all the data they hold on you?

What you've received sounds as if it's come from Egg but if there are no T&C's, agreement or reconstituted agreement then they won't have satisfied a CCA Request as such. (Did you make a formal CCA Request in writing, accompanied by the £1 fee that you sent, or just request details on the phone?)

Are Robinson Way chasing you for more money?

Elsa x

PS. It's best to keep off the phone and keep everything in writing from now on.

Comment

welcome to AAD

Are you still paying this? These old egg cards are a mess, a lot were UE due to the complete chaos that has gone on with these, Barclaycard bought them, didn't do anything then punted them on again to various DCAs who hadn't got a clue.

what exactly are you trying to achieve here? If it is UE you won't get the money back you've paid but you can ask for an uptodate balance, Robinson Way must at least know what they are collecting and if you have indeed overpaid, you are entitled to a refund of those monies, if it's not forthcoming, you'll need to complain until it appears.

But first you need to know the balance, do you not have any paperwork for this? When it has been sold on you should have gotten some paperwork from the old owner and the new, can you trace this and work out the balance from there?

Comment

Hi - I shall scan the document later tonight - it looks like a recon of the details I used during sign up online in 2004.

The debt has been passed through a number of DCA's and I duly paid my monthly agreed amount to each one whoever owned it at that current time. Once it had dropped off my credit file, back in November, I then queried how much I had paid over the years and required a breakdown as I feel I may have paid off the original debt and then some. I also asked at the same time for the original agreement.

Since then Robinsons Way have sent the "agreement" document back from Barclaycard with no signature, or tick box or T&C's. They are still awaiting the statements which they say this is with Barclaycard and the account remains in dispute until this time. I asked for the same info from Moorcoft back on November and got the same response. So it seems getting hold of statments for the last 8 years is proving difficult for them. (I hope)

But beyond this I doubt the agreement is enforceable

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
            welcome to AAD

Are you still paying this? These old egg cards are a mess, a lot were UE due to the complete chaos that has gone on with these, Barclaycard bought them, didn't do anything then punted them on again to various DCAs who hadn't got a clue.

what exactly are you trying to achieve here? If it is UE you won't get the money back you've paid but you can ask for an uptodate balance, Robinson Way must at least know what they are collecting and if you have indeed overpaid, you are entitled to a refund of those monies, if it's not forthcoming, you'll need to complain until it appears.

But first you need to know the balance, do you not have any paperwork for this? When it has been sold on you should have gotten some paperwork from the old owner and the new, can you trace this and work out the balance from there?
            Our post crossed . Not trying to get money back. Just want it agreed that we part ways and nothing more is done etc. Outstanding is around £1200 Not paying anything at the moment, and have not since November - as per the DCA's putting it into dispute.

I have no paper trail at all showing payments from 2007 from anyone - which is my point. Since it was defaulted, I paid (whoever was acting on behalf of Egg/Barclaycard) my set amount as agreed. During this time I have never received a statment - so I am querying what is outstanding - the agreement is just me asking if it was UE - to strengthen my position.

Comment

Working...
            X