GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard Goldfish - new development - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard Goldfish - new development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard Goldfish - new development

Hi everyone

Here is a history of my journey so far:

Type of account: Goldfish Barclaycard
    Date Comnenced: Many years ago when was just Goldfish
    Approx Balance: £11,600 at start now £12,600 after interest and charges
    Date last Paid: August 2010
    Arrangement: Not pay
    Owner: MKDP (formerly MK Rapid Recoveries)

History:
    CCA request 8/11/10 no reply
    Letter from Mercers Nov 2010 - sent 'dispute letter' on 3/12/10
    Letter from Calders 11/2/11 - sent same letter 18/2/11
    Letter from Credit Solutions 28/4/11- sent same letter 3/5/11
    Letter from Apex 29/6/11 - sent same letter 6/7/11
    Letter from MK Rapid Recoveries, now MKDP 10/5/12 - sent same letter 21/5/12

From May 2012 to January 2014, MKDP has sent me a monthly letter to say they have not been able resolve 'my query' and are liaising with Barclaycard.

However, on 6 February 2014, I received a letter from MKDP enclosing a Reconstituted Credit Agreement (RCA) and asking me to call them to make arrangements to pay. The RCA was just the terms and conditions - the only mention of me was the first line which said 'These are the terms and conditions of an agreement between us (Barclays Bank PLC (their address) and you, (my name and address which is not the one I would have had when opening the account))).' There was also an accompanying letter from Barclaycard saying they enclose a RCA which may vary from the terms made since I entered into the agreement. They also say that they can't enforce the agreement, but will take any action short of that and that they have completed their obligations under Section 78 of the Act. This is virtually the same letter I received from Barclaycard on 16/6/11 except with a couple of additional paragraphs about enclosing a RCA and relating to the Carey v HSBC case.

As a final note, I have moved from the address MKDP has been sending the letters and my post has been redirected. The letter from MKDP was sent recorded delivery, but because it was redirected I was not asked to sign for the letter and the recorded delivery label is intact so MKDP do not have any proof of delivery.

My inclination is to stay silent and see what happens (I have about 4 months of redirection left). However, I would like to ask the advice of the forum whether I am right in doing this or if they think I should send a letter of response.

Many thanks.

FB

Re: Barclaycard Goldfish - new development

If it were me I'd keep for now....... and just keep an eye out for any letters the next few weeks.......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You just made me look at some papers I received the other day relating to a CCA request for Hubby's old CC.... I dont think the addresses on that are the ones we had when the agreement was made... hmm

off to check!

Comment

Hi all

I have received a letter MKDP (now calling themselves MK Rapid Recoveries again) which was, of course, sent to my old address.

It is headed 'Please call us to avoid further action' and then goes on to say that they have not heard from me about my offer of payment and without my cooperation cannot offer any help to reduce the balance and may need to take further action to recover this amount and to get in touch immediately.

Any advice what to do now please? Still stay quiet and await further developments or send a letter?

Many thanks.

Comment

I was in a similar position to you with a Goldfish account and received a letter from Barclays saying they didn't have a CCA so couldn't enforce, when it was sold to MKDP I sent them a template letter off here and a copy of the original letter from Barclaycard with the part about no CCA highlighted and MKDP sent a letter saying they wouldn't chase. That was about 2 years ago and not heard a thing since.

I can't find the letter as I'm on my phone but I'm sure someone will direct you to it soon.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi Locke

Thank you for or reply.

Comment

Hi Fleabite, this is the letter you need to send > http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...firming-no-cca

Enclose with it a copy of the letter from Barclaycard with the part about them not having a CCA highlighted and forget about them.

Comment

Hi Locke

Thank you for your reply and I will send the letter.

However, I wonder whether you, or someone else, could advise what address I should use as my home address. As I have already mentioned I have moved to a different address, but because I have a redirection MKDP's letter was forwarded to me. I don't really want to give my new address in case I do get harassed, but I don't feel I should use an address I am not living at either.

Thanks
                FB

Comment

I'd not do anything yet - wait and see if they find you at your real address or if they threaten court action then check back with us. Pointless giving them your ace card at this point, sit tight and keep us updated.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Fleabite View Post
                    Date Comnenced: Many years ago when was just Goldfish
                    Did you get the card because goldfish were said to have abysmally short memories?

Comment

Hi Niddy

Thanks for the advice - I will do as you suggest, ie nothing, and advise of any developments.

Hi Cleverclogs

No, I got the card because goldfish go round and round in circles, but never get anywhere!

FB

Comment

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Fleabite View Post

Hi Cleverclogs

No, I got the card because goldfish go round and round in circles, but never get anywhere!

FB

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi everyone

I have received a letter MK Rapid Recoveries and they have obviously traced me as it was sent to my new address.

The letter refers to their recent communication which, as it would have been sent to my previous address, I didn't receive :-)!

They go on to say that they want to help me with an instalment arrangement, but can only do this after speaking to me, and until an agreement is reached they will continue to phone (I've not had any calls so far) or write.

Could someone please advise how to respond bearing in mind that I still haven't received an enforceable credit agreement.

Many thanks
                            FB

Comment

If it were me, now they have found you, I would send the letter refered to as a link in the previous post up.

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...firming-no-cca

And enclose a copy of the letter you have admitting they cant enforce.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X