GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script unenforceable update ?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unenforceable update ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unenforceable update ??

I am now coming upto 5 years after last payment on several cards from various cc companies/dcas. so on the home straight for SB

All's been relatively quiet but capquest recently bought a ltsb account and are coming on strong I attach a copy application/there are a couple of anomalies as I see

in particular the terms and conditions are numbered but not all of them are there it starts at number 1 refers to 5 later on refers to 7 and 11 number 4 is there but none of the other terms are numbered or shown!!!??!! This surely must help

I havent been on here or any other sites for a couple of years and so i am not up to speed with unenforcabilty

any guidance to either the right threads to read or on my documents will be very much appreciated

Onlyme
    Attached Files

Re: unenforceable update ??

Have you sent a CCA request for this and paid your £1?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      Have you sent a CCA request for this and paid your £1?
      Yes I paid the £1 5 years ago now and this is what they eventually came up with
      only me
      Last edited by ohitsonlyme; 18 August 2013, 17:59. Reason: typo

Comment

I'd email it to Niddy (the site owner), nothing blanked out as he can be trusted, once he's had a look, we can take it from there

Comment

If you last did a s.78 5 years ago, do a new one now
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            If you last did a s.78 5 years ago, do a new one now
            Thanks for your reply niddy,can you explain to me the rationale behind a new s78 request and perhaps your opinion on the documents supplied to date
            onlyme

Comment

Originally posted by ohitsonlyme View Post
              Thanks for your reply niddy,can you explain to me the rationale behind a new s78 request and perhaps your opinion on the documents supplied to date
              onlyme
              The rationale - it's 5 years old!! Carey has occurred since.

A new cca leaves us in no doubt or confusion. Based on what you've got right now from 5 years ago, if they issued a claim, the first thing we'd suggest is CPR 31:14 for documents. However issue a new s.78 stops them trying to enforce until they comply. It buys you time which is what you need.

The info you have is irrelevant and I won't offer an opinion, based on my above explanation. Basically it's outdated and needs re-doing.

Trust us.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

They may not have anything on file now to issue a claim with but making a fresh request stops them in their tracks.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  The rationale - it's 5 years old!! Carey has occurred since.

A new cca leaves us in no doubt or confusion. Based on what you've got right now from 5 years ago, if they issued a claim, the first thing we'd suggest is CPR 31:14 for documents. However issue a new s.78 stops them trying to enforce until they comply. It buys you time which is what you need.

The info you have is irrelevant and I won't offer an opinion, based on my above explanation. Basically it's outdated and needs re-doing.

Trust us.
                  Gotcha clarity is simplicity niddy i love the forthright approach
                  thanks niddy and sx guy

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to sound smart in my reply. I meant, in the nicest possible sense, that they can fix any errors utilising Carey, that they couldn't have done 5 years ago. So best to apply for a new CCA as that will probably cause them more problems. The odds of this new request matching the one from 5yrs ago are slim. Hence redo the CCA request and let them make errors, the more the better (to defend IF they try & enforce)...

See where I'm going with this now...

Comment

Love it, thanks Niddy!
                      Only me

Comment

Originally posted by ohitsonlyme View Post
                        Love it, thanks Niddy!
                        Only me
                        Basically we hand them a spade (and watch them dig a hole...)

Comment

Just a thought
                          I am on the road to SB,maybe as little as 12 months away

I moved house 3 years ago and CQ are writing to me speculatively at my new wife's house and they dont really know where I am. Nor do any of my other creditors last last payment made august 2008,!

Should I raise my head above the parapet or ride it out for a while?...cq have only recently taken over the account so although they are threatening its very early in the chasing game

I found the following on another thread......... I'd be applying for CCA's from all lenders, unless you've been ignoring them and counting down statute barred - in which case continue to ignore them and do not request a CCA....Niddy

Onlyme
                          Last edited by ohitsonlyme; 20 August 2013, 20:33. Reason: typo

Comment

Well send any letters back as unknown at this address. Confuse them somewhat!

Stay off the radar for another year, why not?

Comment

I dont like to lie so I think I will leave it for a week or few and then send them back, as it happens i did change my name when I got married.
                              onlyme

Comment

Working...
                              X