GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script unenforceable update ?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unenforceable update ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: unenforceable update ??

Originally posted by ohitsonlyme View Post
    I dont like to lie so I think I will leave it for a week or few and then send them back, as it happens i did change my name when I got married.
    onlyme
    I agree. Don't ever lie

Comment

I dont like to lie so I think I will leave it for a week or few and then send them back, as it happens i did change my name when I got married.
      onlyme
      Sorry, who said anything about lying? I most certainly never

Listen, we work to a tried and tested system. If that's not for you fine, but please don't try and be clever with the help you do get. You think the banks are honest with you? Hardly. The evidence stacks up. Hence playing them at their own game isn't a bad thing. It's a systematic tool for fighting back.

Lying, well that's dependant upon the reader upon how they interpret things isn't it. But I never said to lie.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
        I agree. Don't ever lie
        See above.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Well send any letters back as unknown at this address. Confuse them somewhat!

Stay off the radar for another year, why not?
          I think the OP is concerned about sending back letters as "unknown at this address" when he really does live there. That could be what he meant by not wanting to lie.

Comment

I think the OP is concerned about sending back letters as "unknown at this address" when he really does live there. That could be what he meant by not wanting to lie.
            I never read it like that as it was clearly stated "...leave it for a week or few and then send them back.." It read as contradictory, next to the lie comment, hence my query.

Anyway it doesn't really matter as the notion was rubbished (until you read the quote above)!

Comment

First of all my essay writing isn't brilliant and I
              certainly don't intend to offend anybody :-)
              I really appreciate the advice from this site and niddy the in particular.
              My view is that the longer I ignore, the closer to SB
              However I don't want disadvantage myself by stating not known :-)
              I will probably redirect to one my old addresses, which are many stating "Try....address.."

Comment

You changed your name when you got married therefore your old name doesn't belong to anyone at the address.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                  You ged your name when you got married therefore your old name doesn't belong to anyone at the address.
                  Exactly! Why not wait a month or so and waste some more time to SB
                  Especially as I still haven't sent a new cca request and later on can use this as another delay tactic
                  Only me
                  Last edited by ohitsonlyme; 22 August 2013, 08:56. Reason: Typo

Comment

typos
                    CQ are writing to me speculatively at my new wife's house
                    This is the bit where I admit to being totally daft You say the creditor is writing to you at your new wife's house and you also say (post # 15) that you changed your name when you got married. Do men change their names when they get married I do completely understand that this can happen for religious reasons so please don't think I'm being judgmental in any way. I'm only trying to help
                    Last edited by PlanB; 22 August 2013, 21:43. Reason: typo :(

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                      You changed your name when you got married therefore your old name doesn't belong to anyone at the address.
                      see above

Comment

need a asprin here????
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                          need a asprin here????
                          I just don't want the OP to suffer from Mrs G Syndrome where the creditor issued legal proceedings and obtained a CCJ and a charging order on her current home claiming (erroneously) that they didn't have any notification of the change of address

Comment

I just don't want the OP to suffer from Mrs G Syndrome where the creditor issued legal proceedings and obtained a CCJ and a charging order on her current home claiming (erroneously) that they didn't have any notification of the change of address
                            Perfect example tbh - totally understand where you're coming from and it's not unusual for them to play dirty like that

Comment

Thanks for the replies,

I thought the name thing would throw in some confusion!!! sorry Its a long and sometimes funny story that I tell surrounding this,I now have a surname that is partially my wifes ex husbands.

It also shows you guys are on the ball so thank you

First of all I am Male!! and yes i did change my name for to a double barreled name so that my daughter (also my wifes daughter) and my step daughter would have the same ending to their names.

I rent out my old home and do pick up a lot of mail so should spot the signs if they are trying it on

It was the change of creditor was throwing me and the fact that SB is in sight, so I wanted to understand the agreement that I hold

Can we have an opinion on that? albeit not a recent one

onlyme again

Comment

I am trying to understand, the paper work that I posted, I've looked at the sticky that should show examples of unenforceable agreements but the link to the agreements dont work is there a reason for not being able to see them

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...enforceability

Onlyme
                                Last edited by ohitsonlyme; 24 August 2013, 08:02. Reason: adding link

Comment

Working...
                                X