GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moorcroft / HSBC - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moorcroft / HSBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcroft / HSBC

Hi all,

New here. I have a lot of debt (PDLs, credit cards, catalogues, and an overdraft), and am trying to deal with it.

First post is about my HSBC Credit Card, which was opened during or before March 2006 (my first transaction is 31st March 06).

This was a student card, and as a poor and unreliable student I conducted the account badly. There are £100s worth of £12 fees, and I've sent an SAR to HSBC to get a full list.

While I wait for their response, I'm trying to keep their in-house DCA, Metropolitan Collection Services, at bay, and also exploring UE as a backup plan.

I would also like to note that I'm suspected of having Aspergers, and suffer from long-term mental health problems. HSBC/MCS/DG Solicitors are aware of this.

A quick timeline of events:
    • 13 November 2012: Default notice from HSBC
    • 7 May 2013: I send a CCA request to MCS
    • 9 May: MCS sign for the CCA request
    • 31 May: I sent an account in dispute letter to MCS as they have not complied with my CCA request
    • 12 June: MCS send me a 'final demand' despite this breaking OFT collection guidelines regarding taking action on disputed accounts
    • 13 June: MCS respond to my CCA request

This is the response I received from MCS:

A few notes on what they've sent me:

Appendix 1: Current Terms and Conditions
    Just a printout of terms and conditions. No information to suggest this applies to me. No APR.

Appendix 2: Notice of Variation to Terms
    A printout of updated terms and conditions. Has tables detailing APRs, etc, but these are all listed as (on your agreement) - no actual numbers are given. No information to suggest this applies to me.

Appendix 3: Copy of Historic Terms and Conditions
    Yet another printout. No information to suggest this applies to me. No APR.

Appendix 4: Credit Card Agreement Form
    Has HSBC's address.
    MCS or HSBC have hand-written my previous address and DOB into this agreement. I was at a different address when I opened this credit card account in 2005/2006.

APR is blank.

Has a signature box which is left blank.

Appendix 5: Two recent statements
    Shows correct personal details and correct APR (22.9%). However, my APR was increased in February 2011 from 18.9% but they sent no record of this.

--

How do you advise I proceed from here?

Cheers
    Last edited by ekim; 15 June 2013, 14:41.

Re: Moorcroft / HSBC

If you've got a lot of alleged debts, then I would advise starting a UE Diary in the diaries section.

This will allow both us and yourself to assess the situation as a whole, and to find the best overall solution. The best way to proceed in any individual situation is often determined by the overall strategy.

Have a read of some of the existing diaries, and see how they are set out.

SH

Comment

welcome to AAD

we usually ask that all CCAs received purporting to be true copies are sent off to Niddy, the site owner for him to have a look over

they should go to agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

you can trust Niddy so don't blank anything out as this makes it more difficult to assess.

once he's had a look, we'll take it from there

Comment

Thanks I've sent their response to niddy

Comment

what you've sent is unenforceable as it is unidentifiable - nothing in it mentions you or your name and address. I would send back Missing PT's template

--> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...escribed-terms

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy

I am named on page 29 of the PDF, but like I say, that address is not the address where I lived when the agreement was created, and my name is missing my middle name. Does the missing PTs still apply for this?

HSBC/MCS have now sold the debt to Moorcroft.

Comment

Yes - send missing PT's.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X