GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Recent Change in issuing Charging Orders - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Change in issuing Charging Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Change in issuing Charging Orders

Hi Niddy
    Is there somewhere on site that I can read regarding the above as I am sure its covered.It does appear to give the OC a bigger stick to hit us with!
    Greymatter

Re: Recent Change in issuing Charging Orders

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
    Hi Niddy
    Is there somewhere on site that I can read regarding the above as I am sure its covered.It does appear to give the OC a bigger stick to hit us with!
    Greymatter
    Is ti this what your looking for ? --------> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=7652
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks I2D
      Not very good is it?
      Lets hope Paul can unravel this new piece of legislation (no pressure there Paul!!)
      This legislation reads like being up sh"t creek without a paddle.
      GM

Comment

its only affecting those with CCJ's that fall into arrears isn't it...?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          its only affecting those with CCJ's that fall into arrears isn't it...?

This is what i don't understand Niddy, when Eversheds got their charge on our property we didn't miss a payment as we had started with payplan who sent them two payments and Eversheds deliberatly refused to accept payment so they could apply for a ccj/forthwith charge on the house, i just don't understand how they could do that, we are really pissed off about this four years down the line as we firmly believe Eversheds were deceitful .

Comment

Thanks Niddy

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
              This is what i don't understand Niddy, when Eversheds got their charge on our property we didn't miss a payment as we had started with payplan who sent them two payments and Eversheds deliberatly refused to accept payment so they could apply for a ccj/forthwith charge on the house, i just don't understand how they could do that, we are really pissed off about this four years down the line as we firmly believe Eversheds were deceitful .
              4 years ago they got a CCJ then added a charge when refusing two agreed payments?

Why didn't you defend the CO application?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As far as I understand......

The new provisions from 1st Oct mean that on any CCJ granted after that date, you do not need to be in arrears of a payment agreement before the creditor can apply for a charging order.

This was happening anyway in a lot of cases via the back door. e.g. judgement granting them anyway or to a forthwith judgement so that you inevitably fail to be able to pay.

However, the creditor may be able to apply for a CO, but that doesn't oblige the court/judge to grant one.

Plus the normal caveat applies that even with a CO in place, the creditor would be prevented from applying to enforce any charge as long as you don't miss payments after that.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

4 years ago they got a CCJ then added a charge when refusing two agreed payments?

Why didn't you defend the CO application?

we did well my husband did he went to court but it was still granted. At the time Eversheds refused payment there wasen't even a ccj in place they really did do that on purpose to get a charge on the house.
                  Hubby even sent Eversheds a CCA request but unfortunatley he put the wrong ref number on the letter and Eversheds wrote back saying they didn't have any knowledge of that account and it gave them time to go for the ccj/forthwith .
                  Niddy at that time we never had you and this forum to help us or i am sure Eversheds wouldn't have got that charge if we were on here .

Comment

Hi Rizzle
                    So does this mean that if they get a CCJ,then immediately after or even at the same time(bloody hell)they can get a CO.
                    So with the devious methods already employed by OC/DCA to obtain a CCJ this would appear to make them 'bullet proof'
                    GM

Comment

we did well my husband did he went to court but it was still granted. At the time Eversheds refused payment there wasen't even a ccj in place they really did do that on purpose to get a charge on the house.
                      Hubby even sent Eversheds a CCA request but unfortunatley he put the wrong ref number on the letter and Eversheds wrote back saying they didn't have any knowledge of that account and it gave them time to go for the ccj/forthwith .
                      Niddy at that time we never had you and this forum to help us or i am sure Eversheds wouldn't have got that charge if we were on here .
                      It's shite isn't it...?

Comment

this would appear to make them 'bullet proof'
                        they already are - depends on the judge mate.

Comment

Hi Rizzle
                          So does this mean that if they get a CCJ,then immediately after or even at the same time(bloody hell)they can get a CO.
                          So with the devious methods already employed by OC/DCA to obtain a CCJ this would appear to make them 'bullet proof'
                          GM

Well it seems this process has always been allowed as i explained Eversheds applied for a ccj/forthwith which gave them the power to get a charge on our house and this was four years ago .

Comment

It's shite isn't it...?

yep and this is why my husband is fighting to get the payment reduced to a £1.00 a month so the bastards have to wait for their money , i doubt the judge will agree though .

Comment

yep and this is why my husband is fighting to get the payment reduced to a £1.00 a month so the bastards have to wait for their money , i doubt the judge will agree though .
                              what is the balance btw...?

Comment

Working...
                              X