GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC credit card debt advice needed please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC credit card debt advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC credit card debt advice needed please

Hi

I am new to the forum so please accept my apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

I am not exactly sure on the date I had my credit card, but looking at my credit report it was reported as defaulted in May 2006 and shows FV1

I had gone to HSBC for a small overdraft - £50, this was declined, however they gave me a gold credit card with a £3000 limit, they knew I was not working and was in receipt of incapacity benefit.

After a while I got into difficulties and went to the bank for help, which I never got and they were not very helpful at all, so I stopped paying.

After a while I received a letter from GM Law Solicitors, about a payment plan. It said if I made regular payments and did not default then no futrther action would be taken. I set up a standing order for £5 a week and this has been kept upto date with no missing payments.

Last week I received a telephone call from GM Law demanding an increase as
    they said the debt had to be cleared. I explained that I could not increase my payments, they were very arrogant with me.

Today I have received a letter from them with a statement of means attatched.

I only receive incapacity benefit still, can they make me pay more and what further action are they likely to take.

I have a different account where my money is paid into but I still use HSBC to pay my direct debits, I have been told that they can use my bill money against my credit card debt is this correct.

I have also been told by a friend that I maybe able to have my debt cleared as they knowingly gave me a cc with a high limit know I was only on benefit, is this correct and is this debt enforcable.

Thanking you in advance for any replies.

Re: HSBC credit card debt advice needed please

Ahh this will drop off your credit file after 6yrs so only got a year left.

You ought to ignore their letter for now and send the cca request. Start with that and then update us. Continue the agreed payments for the time being.

CCA Template - viewtopic.php?p=32532#p32532
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I have done the letter and will obtain a postal order tomorrow and post it. As soon as I have any news to report I will get back to you.

I have also cancelled all my DD's at HSBC and transfered them to my other account.

Your help is really appreciated.

Comment

Cheers - best of luck, keep us updated y
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: HSBC credit card debt advice needed please- UPDATE

Hi

Further to me sending the letter you advised I have today received a reply from GM LAW stating:

"We acknowledge your request. We do not hold the information you require therefore we have referred the matter to our client and await their response.

Meanwhile we have suspended collection activity.

Yours faithfully

G M Law Solicitors"

What should I do now? and what does it "we have suspended collection activity" mean? as I currently pay by standing order, will they refuse my payments?

Thank you I look forward to your replies.

Comment

Hiya

You are safe now - they cannot do sweet FA until HSBC respond with the documents requested at which point you scan whatever they send you and email me (see signature) - then i'll confirm if enforceable or not.

For the moment continue paying. They cannot take any action and even if they *tried* we'd block any attempted action based on your circumstances, based on your income a court would LOWER the amount to nearer £3 per week if not less, but don't worry about that.

Suspension of collection means they will not hassle you to pay more - do not complete and I&E forms either! No need to.

Comment

Thank you for your swift reply.

I will forward any further replies to you when they arrive, is there a time limit for these.

Thank you

Comment

No restrictions, just post any updates on here and when I see them, if I need an email of whatever they have sent I will ask you for it.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks, sorry I meant is there a time limit for HSBC to send back any paper work after G M Law contact them for it

Comment

Hello spud.

The lender is supposed to supply the documents within 14 days of your request - often they will not.

If they do, you email the documents to Niddy to check over, and update your thread to show response received - Niddy will drop by and let you know if it is enforceable or not.

If they don't, then they will be in default of your request, so carry on with your life, and wait for them to chase you Don't worry, Niddy has an answer for whatever they may send
                    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spud130699
                      Thanks, sorry I meant is there a time limit for HSBC to send back any paper work after G M Law contact them for it
                      12+2 days but this rarely occurs.

As diddy says above - basically.

Comment

Hi

Nothing still received and its now over the 12 plus 2 days, what should I do now.

G M Law have said they have nothing so do I carry on sending them my £5 a week standing order?

If theres no proof of the agreement (or whatever) do I get the money back that I have been paying to G M Law?

Comment

Just quick skim here but why are you still paying ANYTHING !! Even GM have told you they wont be collecting anything, so why "give" them your money when you dont need to ? From what i gather the debt is unenforcable now until they supply a CCA........ which looks like it may not exist

If i've missed something then i apologise lol
                          I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

p.s You won't get the cash back you pay if they don't come up with a CCA. The CCA makes it enforcable in law. Not having the CCA means they CANT enforce the debt via the courts but the debt does still exist.
                            I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Hi :hello

I mirror what Billy says above, you should not be paying them anything, and ignore them until they supply a lawful agreement. Until they do, this account remains unenforceable and you should cease repaying into the debt. They cannot do anything!

Again, as Billy says - money paid will not be recoverable - you should stop paying and leave it at that!

Comment

Working...
                              X