GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bosdog and Lloyds TSB - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosdog and Lloyds TSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosdog and Lloyds TSB

Lloyds TSB Overdraft
    Account – Current Account opened before 2002
    Overdraft Limit – 4k
    Current – Default 20/10/2010
    Default Amount - £4.5k
    Status – No payments since March 2010

May 2009 letter sent to Lloyds requesting repayment of all default charges levied to account since 2002, also request it is dealt with at once due to my financial hardship. Total amount £3694

29 May 2009 Letter received from Lloyds “will respond within 4 weeks.........”

June 2009 received letter from Lloyds stating copy sent to collections team…… test case underway…

9th Sep 2009 sent to Lloyds explaining that “I have had no satisfactory response from May letter….I am under severe financial hardship…. I am no longer eligible for job seekers allowance…… am still being levied interest and further charges…..7 day response needed or will go to fos”

15th Sep 2009 Received from lloyds“we are very sorry to hear of your concerns……let me assure you your complaint is getting the attention it deserves….”

16th September 2009 received from lloyds “thank you for getting in touch with us again….we have updated our files to make a note of any further letters and additional points you have raised…..as explained in previous letter Lloyds tsb is currently involved in legal proceedings with oft…..

21st Sep 2009 Complaint sent to oft claiming charges do not reflect true cost etc and that I am experiencing financial difficulties

8th October Reply from oft. “we will now ask Lloyds for further info…etc”

October 2009 received from Lloyds “we are aware you have made a claim in relation to your overdraft charges which is currently on hold……you still owe us this debt…we will not make any further payments from this account…until resolved we have decided to waive further interest and charges and have decided to stopactively taking steps to collect the amount you owe for the time being….should we consider your circumstances have changed, or once your claim has been dealt with , we intend to actively start collecting again any amount you owe..

19th October 2009 from Lloyds “your complaint is about overdraft charges applied to your account and, as you are aware, most of these cases are on hold pending the outcome of the High Court test case. However as you say you are experiencing financial hardship we will now consider how the bank has handled this case… we have assigned your account to our dedicated hardship team…”

11 Nov 2009 Letter from Lloyds “we wanted to let you know that we’ve made all the payments that you arranged to come out of your account this morning. Unfortunately because there was not enough money in your account to cover all of them, we have agreed to provide you with an unplanned overdraft..

18 November 2009 from oft “your case has been referred to me … I am an adjudicator… I will look at both sides of the complaint etc

Note : goes a bit patchy here as head went in sand due to Cahoot loan and personal life issues.

From memory, fos did not agree that charges etc were wrong, Lloyds defaulted me on 20 Oct 2010

15th April Received letter HL Legal notice of pending legal action, 7 days… court action may be taken
    ignored

30th August 2011 Letter received from Credit Security ltd “once again you
    have ignored our letter”

9th September 2011 letter received from Credit Security Ltd “unless we receive payment/proposal by 23rd Sep 2011 a claim will be prepared….”

12th Sep 2011 Prove it letter sent

15th Feb 2012 Received by Robinson Way “our client has authorized us to recover the full amount you owe (4.5k) if you cannot pay in full call us to discuss payment plan….. if you do not we will advise our client to start court action”

What next! Any ideas! Thanks for listening x
    Last edited by bosdog; 4 April 2015, 08:38. Reason: wrong color on first line

Re: Bosdog and Lloyds TSB

Hi all, I am not sure of the next move here, any help would be really appreciated
    Thank you
    Bos

Comment

Originally posted by bosdog View Post
      Hi all, I am not sure of the next move here, any help would be really appreciated
      Thank you
      Bos
      Send a CCA to Rob Way (yes I know, I know - trust me here)

That buys you time and yes, bank account or not they need to deal with it as per s.74....... lots of stuff on this as per the following post onwards: ---> Flossy UE Diary YB Hassle - Page 3 - allaboutFORUMS

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy
        Will do, first thing in the morning
        Another I owe you
        tyvm
        bos

Comment

Update 23/02/12
          Lloyds TSB Overdraft
          Overdraft Limit – 4k
          Default Amount - £4.5k

May 2009 letter sent to Lloyds requesting repayment of all default charges levied to account since 2002, also request it is dealt with at once due to my financial hardship. Total amount £3694

June 2009 received letter from Lloyds stating copy sent to collections team…… test case underway…

9th Sep 2009 sent to Lloyds explaining that “I have had no satisfactory response from May letter….I am under severe financial hardship…. I am no longer eligible for job seekers allowance…… am still being levied interest and further charges…..7 day response needed or will go to fos”

15th Sep 2009 Received from lloyds“we are very sorry to hear of your concerns……let me assure you your complaint is getting the attention it deserves….”

16th September 2009 received from lloyds “thank you for getting in touch with us again….we have updated our files to make a note of any further letters and additional points you have raised…..as explained in previous letter Lloyds tsb is currently involved in legal proceedings with oft…..

21st Sep 2009 Complaint sent to oft claiming charges do not reflect true cost etc and that I am experiencing financial difficulties

October 2009 received from Lloyds “we are aware you have made a claim in relation to your overdraft charges which is currently on hold……you still owe us this debt…we will not make any further payments from this account…until resolved we have decided to waive further interest and charges and have decided to stopactively taking steps to collect the amount you owe for the time being….should we consider your circumstances have changed, or once your claim has been dealt with , we intend to actively start collecting again any amount you owe..

19th October 2009 from Lloyds “your complaint is about overdraft charges applied to your account and, as you are aware, most of these cases are on hold pending the outcome of the High Court test case. However as you say you are experiencing financial hardship we will now consider how the bank has handled this case… we have assigned your account to our dedicated hardship team…”

11 Nov 2009 Letter from Lloyds “we wanted to let you know that we’ve made all the payments that you arranged to come out of your account this morning. Unfortunately because there was not enough money in your account to cover all of them, we have agreed to provide you with an unplanned overdraft..

18 November 2009 from oft “your case has been referred to me … I am an adjudicator… I will look at both sides of the complaint etc

Note : goes a bit patchy here as head went in sand due to Cahoot loan and personal life issues.

From memory, fos did not agree that charges etc were wrong, Lloyds defaulted me on 20 Oct 2010

15th April Received letter HL Legal notice of pending legal action, 7 days… court action may be taken
          ignored

have ignored our letter”

9th September 2011 letter received from Credit Security Ltd “unless we receive payment/proposal by 23rd Sep 2011 a claim will be prepared….”

15th Feb 2012 Received by Robinson Way “our client has authorized us to recover the full amount you owe (4.5k) if you cannot pay in full call us to discuss payment plan….. if you do not we will advise our client to start court action”

20/02/12 sent a CCa request to RW as suggested by Niddy

23/02/12 Received response from Robinson Way that they are requesting the information I have asked for and that they are sending me a further letter explaining their procedures from here, they have returned the postal order
          Last edited by bosdog; 4 April 2015, 08:38.

Comment

UPDATE 07/03/12

Lloyds TSB Overdraft
            Overdraft Limit – 4k
            Default Amount - £4.5k

ignored

have ignored our letter”

23/02/12 Received response from Robinson Way that they are requesting the information I have asked for and that they are sending me a further letter explaining their procedures from here, they have returned the postal order

07/03/12 Letter from RW received in todays mail but is dated 23/02/12

"following your request, we have today asked for a copy of the agreement/statement to verify that you are liable to pay the amount due. Your account has been placed on a temporary delay pending receipt of this documentation and we will contact you again in due course."
            Last edited by bosdog; 4 April 2015, 08:39.

Comment

Originally posted by bosdog View Post
              UPDATE 07/03/12

"following your request, we have today asked for a copy of the agreement/statement to verify that you are liable to pay the amount due. Your account has been placed on a temporary delay pending receipt of this documentation and we will contact you again in due course."
              Excellent, see what happens..... keep us updated
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Update 19/03/2012
                Lloyds TSB Overdraft
                Overdraft Limit – 4k
                Default Amount - £4.5k

ignored

have ignored our letter”

17/03/2012 Received from RW dated 15/03/12

"further to your request for a copy statement in respect to the above account we now enclose a document for your immediate attention. We need to hear from you with your proposals for settlement of your account which is overdue for payment, WITHIN 10 DAYS"

They have sent photo copies of some of the accounts monthly statements from October 08 to June 10, these show O/D interest, Unplanned O/D Fees and Account Charges of around £800 over this period. Most of the statements show an increase in the Account Overdraft limit and a change in the renewal date to the 3rd or 4th of the next month.

Not sure what to do next? Niddy, could you help please?

Comment

If it was me I would probably not respond - don't stress.
                  Last edited by IF; 24 May 2012, 10:30. Reason: '.'

Comment

UPDATE 10/05/12

Lloyds TSB Overdraft
                    Overdraft Limit – 4k
                    Default Amount - £4.5k

ignored

have ignored our letter”

"further to your request for a copy statement in respect to the above account we now enclose a document for your immediate attention. We need to hear from you with your proposals for settlement of your account which is overdue for payment, WITHIN 10 DAYS"

They have sent photo copies of some of the accounts monthly statements from October 08 to June 10, these show O/D interest, Unplanned O/D Fees and Account Charges of around £800 over this period. Most of the statements show an increase in the Account Overdraft limit and a change in the renewal date to the 3rd or 4th of the next month.

30/03/12

Letter from RW "this is a notice about your unpaid account which is in our hands to collect...call us without delay to pay using a dbit or credit card...."

IGNORED

13/04/12

Letter from RW "you have not paid the sum you owe.......ring us today - we can agree a reduced balance...."

IGNORED

25/04/12

From RW

"we will allow your account to paid by affordable instalments of just £30 a month.....

IGNORED

07/05/12

"Final Notice - Do Not Ignore this letter... you have not responded to our previous letter.... in the next 10 days I may arrange for our Local Representative to call at your home......"

Ignore or send visit letter?

Thanks to all for helping
                    Bos

Comment

I Would-------> Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

UPDATE 16/05/12

Lloyds TSB Overdraft
                        Overdraft Limit – 4k
                        Default Amount - £4.5k
                        Status – No payments since 2009

ignored

have ignored our letter”

30/03/12

Letter from RW "this is a notice about your unpaid account which is in our hands to collect...call us without delay to pay using a dbit or credit card...."

IGNORED

13/04/12

Letter from RW "you have not paid the sum you owe.......ring us today - we can agree a reduced balance...."

IGNORED

25/04/12

From RW

"we will allow your account to paid by affordable instalments of just £30 a month.....

IGNORED

07/05/12

"Final Notice - Do Not Ignore this letter... you have not responded to our previous letter.... in the next 10 days I may arrange for our Local Representative to call at your home......"

16/05/12 sent Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit

after advice from In 2 Deep ( thanks )

Comment

UPDATE 23/05/12

Lloyds TSB Overdraft
                          Overdraft Limit – 4k
                          Default Amount - £4.5k
                          Status – No payments since 2009

15th April 2011 Received letter HL Legal notice of pending legal action, 7 days… court action may be taken
                          ignored

have ignored our letter”

30/03/12

IGNORED

13/04/12

IGNORED

25/04/12

From RW

IGNORED

07/05/12

16/05/12 sent Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit

23/05/12 Received from RW "we refer to your recent request not to be contacted by phone......your number has been removed....you remain liable for payment of balance owing...futher action may still be taken.. if you have not provided us with repayment proposals, please contact us within next 14 days."
                          IGNORE?

Comment

If it was me I would probably not respond either.
                            Last edited by IF; 24 May 2012, 10:31. Reason: '.'

Comment

UPDATE 25/05/12

Lloyds TSB Overdraft
                              Overdraft Limit – 4k
                              Default Amount - £4.5k

15th April 2011 Received letter HL Legal notice of pending legal action, 7 days… court action may be taken
                              ignored

have ignored our letter”

30/03/12

IGNORED

13/04/12

IGNORED

25/04/12

From RW

IGNORED

07/05/12

23/05/12 Received from RW "we refer to your recent request not to be contacted by phone......your number has been removed....you remain liable for payment of balance owing...futher action may still be taken.. if you have not provided us with repayment proposals, please contact us within next 14 days."
                              IGNORE?

24/05/12 Received from RW
                              "ref your recent contact our client has informed us that this balance relates to your current account and as such is exempt from part V of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. No copy agreement is available on your account. We trust this resolves your query....proposals for payment within next 14 days"

Hi Niddy, what do you think? Thanks in anticipation
                              Last edited by bosdog; 4 April 2015, 08:41.

Comment

Working...
                              X