GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds TSB PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds TSB PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB PPI

For anyone who's read some previous threads of mine, you will know I have been trying to get a copy of my loan agreement from Lloyds TSB and have still not received anything. They then sent me a letter advising they had received my complaint about the PPI that was sold on this loan, and I wrote back advising that it was just the agreement I was looking for.

Well, today I have received a letter advising that I am to receive £1104.55 refund for this missold PPI. The total amount due is £2209.10 but they have advised that the other half is due to the other party (my husband). They say I will receive this within 28 days either by cheque or direct payment to my account.

Obviously I am delighted with this , but am scared to get too excited since I am currently still on a repayment plan for said loan and wonder if they will hold onto it. And do you think they will contact my husband separately? Once again he is a discharged bankrupt and wonder if they will retain his half of the refund. Does anyone have any experience of getting refunds in this sort of situation?

Thanks in advance

Oh and just to add, If we are successful in receiving a refund for this, does anyone think it's worthwhile claiming on the other couple of loans we have identified single premium PPI on that were cleared some years ago? We have been holding off as the loans were with Halifax Preference account at the time, which would now be LTSB and thought there could be a risk they'd keep the money for the outstanding debts.
    Last edited by Stressedoutmum; 5 June 2013, 13:04. Reason: to add something

Re: Lloyds TSB PPI

Originally posted by Stressedoutmum View Post
    For anyone who's read some previous threads of mine, you will know I have been trying to get a copy of my loan agreement from Lloyds TSB and have still not received anything. They then sent me a letter advising they had received my complaint about the PPI that was sold on this loan, and I wrote back advising that it was just the agreement I was looking for.

Well, today I have received a letter advising that I am to receive £1104.55 refund for this missold PPI. The total amount due is £2209.10 but they have advised that the other half is due to the other party (my husband). They say I will receive this within 28 days either by cheque or direct payment to my account.

Obviously I am delighted with this , but am scared to get too excited since I am currently still on a repayment plan for said loan and wonder if they will hold onto it. And do you think they will contact my husband separately? Once again he is a discharged bankrupt and wonder if they will retain his half of the refund. Does anyone have any experience of getting refunds in this sort of situation?

Thanks in advance

Oh and just to add, If we are successful in receiving a refund for this, does anyone think it's worthwhile claiming on the other couple of loans we have identified single premium PPI on that were cleared some years ago? We have been holding off as the loans were with Halifax Preference account at the time, which would now be LTSB and thought there could be a risk they'd keep the money for the outstanding debts.

Hiya

Well done that is great news!

Right, did they confirm if you will be receiving the refund by cheque or not?
    If you have a payment plan, is the arrangement set up by Lloyds or did they sell it on to another business?

I am not sure sure about them contacting your hubby as such, but if he was joint with you on the loan then it's possible they will just send what is due to him.

I say yes go for the reclaiming on all loan PPI with your reasons. x

Comment

Hi di30! Thanks!

Yes the letter says that payment will be made within 28 days by cheque sent to my home, or direct payment to my account. Our Lloyds TSB account is still open, though not used much. There is a paragraph in the letter that says:

'If you are behind with any of your payments and you would like to use our offer to help rectify this, please contact our dedicated team using the details at the end of this letter and our specially trained agents will be happy to help. If we do not hear from you but have reason to believe that this service may be of benefit to you we will arrange for one of our agents to call you'

This was the only part of the letter that made me think it won't be as straight forward as them just sending us the money.

Great re the other loans, I'll get onto writing to them ASAP! Anything we get back is just a bonus and goes straight into the pot to pay back my family!

Comment

So hubby got the same letter today, only difference is, his says they will liaise with the insolvency practitioner as to what to do with the funds. Boooooo

Comment

And have now received a call from LTSB confirming the successful PPI claim and that it should go into my still active LTSB account, which I will be checking daily so I can transfer it immediately!!

Comment

And have now received a call from LTSB confirming the successful PPI claim and that it should go into my still active LTSB account, which I will be checking daily so I can transfer it immediately!!
            Brilliant, I'm so pleased for you too
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

YAY great news!!!

Comment

Thanks folks!!

Di30, can I ask, should I write direct to Home Shopping Personal Finance to reclaim the PPI? It was them who sent me copies of the agreements with the PPI highlighted, the loans were with them via Capital Bank (Halifax preference account)

Thanks again in advance!

Comment

Thanks folks!!

Di30, can I ask, should I write direct to Home Shopping Personal Finance to reclaim the PPI? It was them who sent me copies of the agreements with the PPI highlighted, the loans were with them via Capital Bank (Halifax preference account)

Thanks again in advance!
                  Hi there

Who was the ones who actually set up your application?
                  You write to them first

Comment

Thanks di30!

Yes, it was HSPF that I actually arranged the loans with so will write to them. Will let you know how I get on, fingers crossed!

Comment

Thanks di30!

Yes, it was HSPF that I actually arranged the loans with so will write to them. Will let you know how I get on, fingers crossed!

Good one and the best of luck x

Comment

Thanks again di30!!

And good news is that I got my cheque today from Lloyds, which suits me better than direct payment to my account as I don't really use my account with them anymore and was having to check it daily, now I can pay it in exactly where I want to!!

Comment

Wee update on the claims I sent to HSPF, received a cheque in the post today for the larger of the 2 PPI amounts and it is substantially more than I ever expected to receive!!This money, along with money we have already managed to set aside, will go a long way to repaying my family member who helped us out 3 years ago (this has been hanging over us for a long time), and makes me feel now that we are getting that bit closer to sorting our finances out once and for all! Still waiting on word on the other PPI amount. They initially sent it back saying I never had PPI on that loan but I replied with a copy of the agreement showing the PPI on it. I'm feeling quite optimistic on that one too as the circumstances were pretty much the same surrounding the sale etc, so fingers crossed.

Once again thanks to everyone, and especially di30 for all of the invaluable help and advice that is given on this forum!

Comment

Well done Stressedoutmum, I do love good news on here......makes my day
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

YAY well done and Congratulations!!!! Your most welcome, just so happy to hear your news, Well done x

Comment

Working...
                              X