GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JJB Storecard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJB Storecard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJB Storecard

One for Di I suspect.

Was merrily plodding along thinking I have all the bases covered and was thinking everything would end up at FOS if they dont settle.

Yesterday letter arrived from FOS saying they cant deal with this claim

Just when you think the finance industry cant surprise you anymore it does.

Have had a troll about the net and cant really see much to help either.

So where are we at with them?

Have obtained a SAR. We do have PPI on it. There is over £300 in premiums and when interest is calculated as per FOS this comes to a sum of around £650.

So if its at all possible I would rather its in our pocket than some bloody banker.

Next the account runs from Nov 2001 (where I suspect the problem lays) until 2008. Was paid off and closed so no debt exists so will be a pure PPI reclaim.

Reason for claim. Quite clearly the tick for PPI is in another hand from my OH's. Her ticks are contained within the boxes throughout the application form. The tick for PPI is enormous.

There are other reasons such as employment status but this is the one we feel most strongly about. Be it sales assistant or Creation themselves it wasnt wanted or suitable and therefore we want it back.

We have complained to Creation who just ignored us despite us have proof of postage they recieved the FOS complaint form. (Still surprises me they dont reply. Even a one liner piss off letter is better than nothing)

After the required 8 weeks of nothing have banged in the complaint to FOS saying and proving Creation had the chance to deal but just ignored.

And this is where the letter of yesterday comes in.

They have referred us to the FSCS who seemingly wont do anything.

So presume its the underwriter or insurer route.

In our SAR there is a policy document for the PPI. St Andrews Life Assurance and St Andrews Insurance Ltd are named as the insurers but crucially this document is from 2007. That said the account was still running and the coverholder is named as Creation Financial services Ltd not the OH.

Within the terms there is an employment derogation which is clearly present on the application form which would make the policy invalid and hence a miss sell. Even if the evidence of a tick by someone else doesnt.

So my question is because I should be sitting in Pixies naughty corner for not paying attention at school is where do I go from here?

Do I have to go via the FSCS just to keep the claim ticking along (Keep the trail correct) expecting them to say get lost or do I approach Creation to ensure it was St Andrews who is the insurer but in 2001 or do I just chase St Andrews because posters on here know this is Creations chosen partner throughout.

PS the account was a JJB account. So there is no mileage in anything there as they are long gone now.

Many Thanks

Re: JJB Storecard

Little more digging on this and now know St Andrews was Creations insurer in 2003. Have not been able to find anywhere on the net if they were when this account started in Nov 2001

Also know St Andrews is part of Lloyds now. Again not sure historically when they became part of LBG (So incestous this industry aint it)

Have reviewed our SAR and have found two interesting conditions within the insurance policy.

One says the policy will not be valid unless the proposer has been in employment for at least 6 months. Guess what OH has put time of employment on the application form as 4 months. Policy therefore not valid at inception

Second one says policy not valid for short term employees where they know unemployment is a distinct possiblity.

Guess what OH has put on application form blah blah agency as employers address as she was an agency worker.

So this is a strong one if we can just pin some company down to accepting responsibility.

Any pointers?

Comment

Hi Ken

Just signed in now, and I shall take a look through this and get back to you.

Cheers x

Comment

Right, with the policy sold in 2001 it would be the insurer for a the time it was taken out, but if it was taken over by another insurer, that insurer will have taken over every single liability, so in your case whoever deals with them now are the business you pursue.

I have had cases where another insurer have taken over, and have wrote to them, for example Hamilton Insurers were taken over by Aviva who taken over every liability.

You do have strong grounds for this case!!! It realistically should be a straight forward case with these reasons.

The FSCS mainly deal with complaints that were sold from Jan 2005, and if the business were FSA registered, however it maybe worth you having this confirmed to you first.
        But otherwise do write to the insurer that are currently covering the business.

Comment

...........to add that the insurer may deny having anything to do with the mis selling, but the fact here is they DO have joint liabilities.

I can send you a copy of my letter sent to mine, the wording is important when it comes to the insurers, but I did end up succeeding.

I shall dig this out and send it to you sometime today if you want me to? (to give you an idea)?

Comment

Thanks Di thats grand.

Would you just do a normal reclaim as in FOS claim form plus all documents supporting the claim?

While mulling this over I have sorta come to the conclusion Creation was without telling us explicitly that we should be going after St Andrews.

Why else would they be putting a PPI policy document into the reply of a generic SAR request. They didnt know what we were after and that document isnt specific to us.

Have you come across St Andrews before? Do they tend to be ok or have they a reputation of being a nightmare?

Comment

Your letter would be an interesting read if its no trouble to you.

Give me something to work with

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                Thanks Di thats grand.

Would you just do a normal reclaim as in FOS claim form plus all documents supporting the claim?

While mulling this over I have sorta come to the conclusion Creation was without telling us explicitly that we should be going after St Andrews.

Why else would they be putting a PPI policy document into the reply of a generic SAR request. They didnt know what we were after and that document isnt specific to us.

Have you come across St Andrews before? Do they tend to be ok or have they a reputation of being a nightmare?
                Your welcome Ken

I have just sent you a message of my letter and hope it can be of some help for you.
                I would do personally write by letter to the insurer.

I have heard of them before Ken, but not too sure what they are like to deal with, hopefully they will be as lenient as my insurer on one of mine. Fingers crossed.

Yes I know what you mean, it seems they just assume now that everyone are trying to reclaim PPI, so enclose the document automatically, strange though.
                Hope the letter is of some help for you. x

Comment

Thanks again for this job for next week I think.

Am hoping that because they are LBG who are getting a slating and a half in the press that maybe they will cough.

Will update as I go along with this one.

Comment

The best of luck with this Ken!

Everything crossed and look forward to hearing the updates.

Comment

Update.

Bad start to this as complaint letter is showing up as returning to sender on Royal Mail website.

Have done a bit of digging and find the address on the PPI policy does not correspond to present google details. A company of the same name resides at the policy document address. ?????

The document is from 2007 so suppose there could have been a move in the meantime.

However I now have an Uxbridge address and a lead on Creation claims so hoping this is the one.

Also Creation is named on the same page as the Uxbridge address.

Funny thing when you google looking for help on a JJB creditcard this is coming up first page.

So either the site is climbing within the search engines as Niddy wants or I am first silly blighter to try and attempt this.

We will see when it comes back in the next couple of days.

Comment

Update.

Bad start to this as complaint letter is showing up as returning to sender on Royal Mail website.

Have done a bit of digging and find the address on the PPI policy does not correspond to present google details. A company of the same name resides at the policy document address. ?????

The document is from 2007 so suppose there could have been a move in the meantime.

However I now have an Uxbridge address and a lead on Creation claims so hoping this is the one.

Also Creation is named on the same page as the Uxbridge address.

Funny thing when you google looking for help on a JJB creditcard this is coming up first page.

So either the site is climbing within the search engines as Niddy wants or I am first silly blighter to try and attempt this.

We will see when it comes back in the next couple of days.

Oh right, so how long ago was this Ken? I take it you checked today so expecting it to be returned anyday now then?

Just a thought, and suggestion, if you check "companies house" on google search, you put in the details of the business and they should say if they still active or not, and details of the address etc.....

Comment

Cheers Di

Interesting yet another address. However am going with the one I already dug up. That has Creation named on it so there is a link there for sure.

They dont make this easy do they. lol

Comment

Right we back on track with this as we now we have our complaint returned.

Covering letter altered. Set to go.

One thing that has crossed my mind is that the sale was Nov 2001. Think St Andrews are GISC as they are HBOS/Lloyds.

Is this going to cause me grief seeing as FOS didnt start till Dec 2001?

Or does being GISC allow FOS to go back in time so to speak.

Have always wondered how people have been able to claim all the way back to the 80's and 90'S.

Comment

Right we back on track with this as we now we have our complaint returned.

Covering letter altered. Set to go.

One thing that has crossed my mind is that the sale was Nov 2001. Think St Andrews are GISC as they are HBOS/Lloyds.

Is this going to cause me grief seeing as FOS didnt start till Dec 2001?

Or does being GISC allow FOS to go back in time so to speak.

Have always wondered how people have been able to claim all the way back to the 80's and 90'S.
                              Hiya

You should be fine with this one, the FOS takes on GISC relation complaints, I do not know any different.

I remember one of my very first complaints some years ago in relation of a credit card, ok it was a bank and they were then GISC regulated.
                              So there should not be a problem

Comment

Working...
                              X