GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JJB Storecard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJB Storecard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JJB Storecard

Thanks Di

Will keep you posted. This I suspect is going to be the most difficult one so probably will take some time.

Comment

Update on this.

FOS have now confirmed it is St Andrews and where they are. Actually been pro active and written to them.

We have now got St Andrews reply saying they didnt sell it so isnt their problem.

This is going to be interesting as they are a regulated company but selling through an unregulated company.

Glenmore and Pinnacle seemed to tried to use werent there at time of sale so nothing to do with them guv. Arrogant tossers someone has our dosh thats the fact.

Whoever committed the fraud isnt our problem they are the target and seeing as they got some of the wonger then they do have some responsibility.

Got all the time in the world St Andrews we aint going away.

Comment

Another update.

A final response from St Andrews again saying not their problem.

Ok muppets if it isnt the JJB salesperson who is now residing on the dole somewhere and it aint JJB who are residing in oblivion somewhere and it isnt Creation who werent regulated so could do as they pleased I wonder if its a regulated company who is selling products through an unregulated company who could be left with some liabilty????

FOS have agreed to take this on. The claim is for £650ish and the referral fee is £850.

I am recording how I get on in an open forum and everytime I get knocked back this thread will go to the top of the charts on here.

No wonder LBG needed bailing out with underwriters who cannot see they have now lost above what the settlement would have been even if they wanted to say it wasnt their fault but heres your dosh anyway as way of a goodwill gesture.

Ok so weekend job is to get the full complaint plus final response off to FOS. Even if I lose and get nothing they just lost £850.

Will update as we progress on this.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
          Another update.

A final response from St Andrews again saying not their problem.

Ok muppets if it isnt the JJB salesperson who is now residing on the dole somewhere and it aint JJB who are residing in oblivion somewhere and it isnt Creation who werent regulated so could do as they pleased I wonder if its a regulated company who is selling products through an unregulated company who could be left with some liabilty????

FOS have agreed to take this on. The claim is for £650ish and the referral fee is £850.

I am recording how I get on in an open forum and everytime I get knocked back this thread will go to the top of the charts on here.

No wonder LBG needed bailing out with underwriters who cannot see they have now lost above what the settlement would have been even if they wanted to say it wasnt their fault but heres your dosh anyway as way of a goodwill gesture.

Ok so weekend job is to get the full complaint plus final response off to FOS. Even if I lose and get nothing they just lost £850.

Will update as we progress on this.

Doh so sorry to hear this Ken!

Looks like they are trying to wangle out of it doesnt it? Fools!!!

More cases do seem to be successful against the underwriter/insurer, but it also seems that some are still playing hard to get, knowing it is a tougher one to deal with, but YES they DO have some liabilities and if the actual broker (the ones who sold the product) are not able to deal with the case, and as they had a joint relationship with these underwriters, and hold details of your insurance, you are just trying to get back money that should not have been taken from you in the first place.

Did you also try the CEO?

Comment

Di

Havnt tried the CEO.

FOS very unusually for them are being proactive with this one and have guided me to write to obtain the very letters we got. ie the go away ones not our problem.

They also wrote on my behalf to ask St Andrews to consider before it became an actual complaint. So seemingly FOS are playing the good cop bad cop.

Now I have the fob off go to FOS that is precisely what we have done this weekend. So St Andrews gets to pay the £850 now idiots.

FOS have also almost said word for word what you have about liability.

Will keep plugging away. Hoping St Andrews ends up like a couple of other underwriters of these storecards and ending up accepting that someone ended up with money that was miss sold. A crime in most peoples book when paperwork is altered to obtain money by deception.

Comment

Letter from FOS.

This claim is accepted into the system and off to the big PPI cavern where it will fester for 12 to 18 months before some spotty faced kid will take a look.

Well something like that so this thread goes into cryogenic stasis to pop up all fresh and lively sometime in 2015. Wonder what we will all be doing then?

Suppose if we win and get 8% till settlement beats any saving account.

Comment

And yet they always taking on more employees to bring down the workload!!
                Okay we know they are over-run, improvements are needed because it appears they have been making lots of mistakes as well.

For eg: a mate of mine, he put in a complaint of PPI about 13 months ago, he received a letter yesterday to say because it was accidentally put to another dept (life cover dept), it now has to go back into the queue, so expect it to take some time!
                Surely this isn't not my mate's fault and down to the FOS to make sure they had got it in the right dept in the beginning!
                If it wasn't for all the silly mistakes, lots would get resolved much quicker!

I told my mate to contact them to tell them he not happy about being put back to the back of the queue, it's just not right.

Good luck with this Ken, hope you will have a nice surprise and hear sooner rather than later, fingers crossed.

Comment

Cheers Di

The situation you have there any other company would do just as you said and get it dealt with.

But they aint under any pressure to clear this mess up.

Indeed all those people being taken on will be working to put themselves out of work. So no incentive to be productive.

Will keep the thread updated.

Comment

Scratching our heads on this one as Creation are now looking into our complaint aswell

So now have St Andrews, Creation and FOS all looking into it even though the two financial compainies said it wasnt us guv and FOS said they couldnt do anything. So gone from nobody being interested to everybody plus the cat.

Creation dobbed St Andrews in even though FOS ruled our case was a non starter as Creation wasnt covered back then. Slopey shoulders or what. So presume St Andrews has now returned the favour by dobbing Creation in somehow.

Just need Dave Whelan to write to us telling us he is trawling through his bank account to see if he had anything to do with it and we will have a full set.

Either that or Anita ex JJB sales assistant writing to us, offering her first born. Thats if it was Anita and not Jimbo on the shoe aisle.

Comment

Bleeding hell we now get a final final response from Creation . But we already had a first final response from them so went to FOS back when Job was a lad. (very start of the thread) (is there such a thing as a final final or could we get a final final final response )

That resulted in FOS indicating that we should chase St Andrews the insurer who kindly said feck off not us so got a final response from them also. They dobbed creation back in so pleasant to see .

This was then included in a complaint to FOS for St Andrews where this thread went to sleep. Suspecting FOS will take years to sort it.

So why an earth is Creation saying this is their final response and we can go to FLA if we want in the next 6 months.

What they have kindly done is included the actual insurance document from 2001 which we didnt have before. So St Andrews you been dobbed in again

The interesting thing with the final response is everything they think will help them they have quoted but havnt addressed the two points which sort of make this a mockery.

The ticks are not the OH's. Even a blind man can see the difference and secondly the insurance isnt valid if being less than 6 months in full time employ. St Andrews T & C quote this clearly.

Sad for them the application with the fraudulent ticks also clearly states she is agency and wasnt in employ for over 6 months. So it wasnt valid on inception. Seems they dont understand the concept of mis-sale. Dont matter we had it years and didnt cancel or maybe the sales staff didnt need to be fully up to speed with regulations or how we would pay it back or indeed what was on telly that night.

The policy was invalid on inception and was added by persons unknown. It was wrongly sold/added. It was mis-sold.

So what do we do. Raise a complaint with the FLA? or send the final final response to FOS and let them deal with it as seems the FLA are useless. Or indeed do we use it as hampster litter paper.

Anyone got a final final final idea on this?

Comment

St Andrews Insurance = AH! MBNA crooked partners incrime!
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All interconnected.

St Andrews=LloydsTSB=HBOS

One common theme. All sharks

Comment

Right thought about this over today and reckon the best course of action is to raise a complaint with the FLA who will say no dice and send the letter to FOS who can add it to the other two final responses for this.

What other industry could get away selling a product thats of no use and infact isnt valid by using a fraudulent agreement.

Comment

Sorry was meant to post back to you earlier, and my phone rang lol "mother" lol

I would still try the FLA anyway as well, even though with my currys/Cap bank/Santander, I didnt hold much hope, but as well as making the complaint to these, and complained to the underwriter at the same time, and made the FLA aware of it, they said it was fine to do so.

However, with the FLA, as you may know, they generally ask for information not already considered by the previous business you complained to and I do know some have been successful, although it's rare, but it has happened.

Shocking of the insurer!

Comment

Cover all the bases I think and hope FOS turn the screws on St Andrews.

The final letter from Creation didnt mention any of what the complaint is about just what they think will make it alright. So FLA will get something different.

ie not their fault someone working on their behalf has sold a policy that wasnt valid and never would be valid. Not only have they sold it but someone has actually marked the contract to get that sale.

Even if this is a mistake then both Creation and St Andrews should havce picked up that the insurance was worthless.

Its no good saying that it was our fault.

Long haul thread this one is going to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X