GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA/ PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA/ PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA/ PPI

Hi all

had a cc with mbna, now with 1st credit
    CCA sent, received and passed to niddy, who pointed out it had PPI on it, sent SAR for details

have received statements back with PPI showing from end96-end99 dont know why it stopped then as was paying intrest and charges till 2002 when defaulted and sold.
    so question is,

can I claim the PPI back and how do I do it
    thanks NW
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: MBNA/ PPI

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    Hi all

had a cc with mbna, now with 1st credit
    CCA sent, received and passed to niddy, who pointed out it had PPI on it, sent SAR for details

have received statements back with PPI showing from end96-end99 dont know why it stopped then as was paying intrest and charges till 2002 when defaulted and sold.
    so question is,

can I claim the PPI back and how do I do it
    thanks NW
    Di is the Guru when it comes to PPI - so is probably best to respond, but yes I see no reason why it cannot be claimed back.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya

Yes you can, for whatever reasons you have you can make a reclaim on the PPI, by simply completing a complaint reclaim questionnaire, send to the responsible business that set up and sold you the account, and keep copies for yourself as well.

You do not need to write down the calculations on the reclaim questionnaire, just give as many reasons that may apply to you of why you believe the PPI was mis sold and you wish them to refund you all you paid of the PPI premiums and the relevent interest.

Reclaim questionnaire here.
      http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

PPI is or should have been made optional.
      They should not add the ppi on automatically, because it should not be made part of the account.
      If you did not know you had PPI.
      If there was a pre-med condition at the time you taken out the policy, then they would not pay out due to this condition, if you were to make a claim.
      You may have already had cover/protection in place, for example, employer.
      You may have been unemployed, etc, the policy is worthless to you.

The list is endless.

Hope this helps for now, and ask for further help when required, and post your complaint by signed for/recorded delivery.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi all

Mbna have upheld my complaint for the PPI, they are working out how much they think it should be and i should expect to hear from them in the next 12 weeks

Comment

Hi all

Mbna have upheld my complaint for the PPI, they are working out how much they think it should be and i should expect to hear from them in the next 12 weeks

Excellent, Congratulations!

Sorry to have missed this earlier.

So chuffed for you.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Excellent, Congratulations!

Sorry to have missed this earlier.

So chuffed for you.

thanks di30,

they are also looking into my complaint about the excess charges, but I wont hold my breath,

Comment

thanks di30,

they are also looking into my complaint about the excess charges, but I wont hold my breath,

Fingers crossed there then.

Comment

Trouble with MBNA PPI policies if a claim is in place they do not suspend collections on premiums so you end up owing more than when you started at the beginning of claim, and the cover they offer say charge £67 only cost £32 with a proper company off the net, when you complain to the Insurance company they say its MBNA who administer the account not them = MBNA says it is the Insurance company.

So any would ne peeps who take out PPI with MBNA take heed:-

1. They are overpriced.

2. They charge you whilst you are on your sick Bed/ loose your job.

===== STAY WELL CLEAR ======

Comment

another letter from mbna, it is taking longer than antisipated to reply to my complaint and they should be in touch by 16/08
                  don't know if this is for PPI or charges ???

Comment

If you've had previous letters, they should apply a claims ref number, so if this is the case, this will maybe give you an idea.

Comment

another letter from mbna, it is taking longer than antisipated to reply to my complaint and they should be in touch by 16/08
                      don't know if this is for PPI or charges ???
                      Bet the buggers didn't say what year though? These places must be snowed under with this stuff now and it serves them right, the regulators should be telling these companies to stop pissing about and settle all claims within 6 weeks, hire more bloody staff or move some from where they are doing nowt.

Comment

what can I say
                        I have today received a payment of £855.00 from MBNA

nothing further from them about the excess charges though,
                        thanks for your help

NW

Comment

what can I say
                          I have today received a payment of £855.00 from MBNA

nothing further from them about the excess charges though,
                          thanks for your help

NW
                          Result - well done indeed!

Comment

Well Done Nightwatch

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                              Well done Nightwatch!

...and just in time for a break in the sun courtesy of my favourite CC company!

just what I was thinking, need to go over to spain to check out a residential park selling re-sale mobile homes ready sited from £18,000
                              so that may be the order of the day NW

Comment

Working...
                              X