GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nationwide Bank Charges - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationwide Bank Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide Bank Charges

Hi

was wondering if anyone can help me

I made a claim to Nationwide based on financial hardship they wouldn't budge so i went to the FOS. The Nationwide say i mis managed my account. now the fos have rejected my claim and have given me until Monday to respond. I argued that the Nationwide was taking money from my job seekers allowance, I was told that the banks are not suppose to do this. they also state that i did not let the Nationwide know that i was in financial hardship but i wrote letters and spoke to there in house debt collection team about this.

i was just wondering is it worth continuing fighting this or am I flogging a dead horse here. i have copies of the letters I sent to them advising that i was in financial hardship it it worth forwarding these on to the FOS?

Thanks

Re: Nationwide Bank Charges

Hi

You should have sent them to FOS at the start. Why didn't you? No wonder they rejected your claim.

Try doing it properly this time and send a 500 page explanation if necessary; but you need yo spell everything out AND PROVIDE PROOF!

Best of luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy

I forgot to send them (stupid i know!!!)

can I send you a copy of the letter they sent me by pm for your opinion? she talks about legislation and i am not sure what this means

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Hi

You should have sent them to FOS at the start. Why didn't you? No wonder they rejected your claim.

Try doing it properly thud time and send a 500 page explanation if necessary; but you need yo spell everything out AND PROVIDE PROOF!

Best of luck

Comment

Fine go for it
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks will send now

Fine go for it

Comment

Just sent it now thanks

Fine go for it

Comment

Hi Monlou

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Hey di30

thank you

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                Hi Monlou

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Monlou View Post
                  Hi

was wondering if anyone can help me

I made a claim to Nationwide based on financial hardship they wouldn't budge so i went to the FOS. The Nationwide say i mis managed my account. now the fos have rejected my claim and have given me until Monday to respond. I argued that the Nationwide was taking money from my job seekers allowance, I was told that the banks are not suppose to do this.
                  Banks can take money from benefits since the Social Security Administration Act SSAA does not relate to charges from benefit money but to a court ordered assignment of debt.

they also state that i did not let the Nationwide know that i was in financial hardship but i wrote letters and spoke to there in house debt collection team about this.
                  This bit is important with regards to what they did and did not know. The Lending Code states that they should be sympathetic when customers make them aware of their financial hardship.

i was just wondering is it worth continuing fighting this or am I flogging a dead horse here. i have copies of the letters I sent to them advising that i was in financial hardship it it worth forwarding these on to the FOS?

Thanks
                  With regards to financial hardship, it will include rent/mortgage arrears, utitilities etc, etc, Loans and credit cards are not included. They should assess the claim on that basis and whilst they don't have to refund even 1p under financial hardship they could do.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...le-lending.htm

The above whilst the main topic is financial hardship and unaffordable lending, it does go through what Nationwide should do and the possible outcomes.

Comment

If you can see this section without a password then it exposing financial hardship in detail ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...splay.php?f=73

If it asks for password gimme a shout yea?

Comment

If you can see this section without a password then it exposing financial hardship in detail ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...splay.php?f=73

SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT(in case you miss the first SHOUT, pmsl).

Btw, I've done FH for a number of years and have spoken with an ombudsman with regards to the process of financial hardship so not sure if the hidden items are going to change that viewpoint.
                      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...48&postcount=1
                      The above and I can copy and paste it is about how they dealt with cases OFT test case time but having gone back to them with regards to psot test case the same remains the case(if you can't view it then give me a shout on this one cos I can copy and paste it onto this thread.
                      In fact, Nationwide use this specific sheet on I&E
                      http://www.nationwide.co.uk/pdf/paym...t_of_means.pdf

Comment

I'll pm you....

The data I provide nattie IS the actual trigger figures! The general advice hasn't been added as I have temporarily removed it from the forum!!

Check your pm's......

Comment

Hi Niddy

sorry havent been on here for a few weeks, the link is asking for a pasword what do i do??

Comment

Hi Niddy

sorry havent been on here for a few weeks, the link is asking for a pasword what do i do??
                            Check your pm's

Comment

Hi Niddy

Sorry.

See this:---> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/page...ial%20Hardship

Not finished yet but gives you an idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X