GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Quick advice needed on CCCS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick advice needed on CCCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick advice needed on CCCS

i am sure alot of you have read my useless stories

I have just been on the CCCS site and put in all mine and partners income and debts.

Its conclusion is a DMP. Then asks to fill in our personal details in an online form..... is this how they do the DMP or do we go to see them afterwards?

Before I commence will I be tied into a DMP that is likely we will struggle to keep to?

Some of the values I put in it wouldnt accept as it was too much....

I have saved and exited until I get more info.

Re: Quick advice needed on CCCS

With me I filled in my details, then got a phone call to review. Depends upon who you speak to but they were really helpful at getting the income and expenditure to be realistic and making sure that I was budgeting enough.

When my income dropped significantly in the short term they just reduced the direct debit to take account of that and then put it back up for the next month.

After 6 months I had a review where my available cash was reduced so they reduced the DMP accordingly.

Fill in the max you can in each area, they'll talk you through it if it becomes unreasonable.

Once you get your budget sorted then they use the excess to pay the creditors so be generous to yourself in the first instance.

The DMP with the CCCS is not binding in any way. If you want out then just let them know.

They were very helpful to me when I first got into debt although after a year I'm now going on my own with a DMP. Took a lot of the stress away.
    Last edited by roomtobreathe; 10 October 2011, 22:42. Reason: typo

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Did they take every bit of spare cash you had?

How long did it take to get it all in place?

Really am struggling now with letters from creditors.

Comment

Hi BA

when i first went to CCCS - they told me I should go BR........ so I never got to the point of acutally speaking any further to them.

I personally found that when i started my own DMP the letters and the phone calls stopped and I personally liked being in control.

good luck with this
        xx

Comment

I dont seem to be getting anywhere trying to make offers to creditors. I offered them as much as I could afford each month and they said they cant accept it. So I think I could do with a little help from the pro's for a few months at least

Comment

Originally posted by BlueArmy View Post
            I dont seem to be getting anywhere trying to make offers to creditors. I offered them as much as I could afford each month and they said they cant accept it. So I think I could do with a little help from the pro's for a few months at least
            Hi,
            I was with cccs for several years they were very good to be honest and you can leave at anytime as already said, obviously they take what is left to pay your creditors so it depends what your figures are ect. It is a good way of staving off your creditors as you will be given a referrence number you write to your creditors quoting the number saying cccs are dealing with your creditors and they will be in touch. It will buy yourself time to decide what is best.
            good luck
            PS keep making payments to your creditors if you already are paying £1 is enough to pay whilst cccs sorts things out.
            Last edited by helmsman; 11 October 2011, 12:32.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueArmy View Post
              Good idea to give yourself some breathing space.

))

Comment

Have you heard of CASHflow from the Money Advice Trust (the body who produce the Common Financial Statement)? CASHflow is basically an IE sheet you fill out and then get signed off and stamped by an official CFS licensed person / organisation. It is designed to give official backing to people who are wanting to manage their own DMP's, and should , in theory, make them much more likely to be accepted. All the financial institutions have been made aware of it.

As it is relatively new, many have not heard of it - you can find details on the Money Advice Trust's website. Have a word with Niddy and he'll be able to point you at someone qualified to sign it off for you. Alternatively, I believe Pixie may know somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                  Common Financial Statement
                  It is here--> Financial Hardship - Trigger Figures
                  Last edited by swanfan; 11 October 2011, 16:04.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                    Have you heard of CASHflow from the Money Advice Trust (the body who produce the Common Financial Statement)? CASHflow is basically an IE sheet you fill out and then get signed off and stamped by an official CFS licensed person / organisation. It is designed to give official backing to people who are wanting to manage their own DMP's, and should , in theory, make them much more likely to be accepted. All the financial institutions have been made aware of it.
                    CASHflow

Comment

So, I can use these trigger figures as a guide what I can put in the expenditures?

If I am over on any should I just put in the maximum on trigger figure?

Comment

i was with CCCS on a DMP Once:

If your total debt is your own NOT Joint or Partners, then only use your Income and Expeditures (i may be standing correctly on that?)

Also take into account to add: your ususal 'Run of a Mill' before seeing whats you got left before giving to the creditors

If you wear Spectacles?, Optictions once year visit for check up
                        Dentistry
                        mobile, telephone, internet
                        travel (car or public)
                        medication

Just above to name a few.....They were quiet good to me when i used them for 3 years (wouldv'e taken 15 years to pay off though - was advised to go down the route of an IVA, but the gamble was 75% agreeing to an IVA.)

Good luck
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The categories for the CFS on the link are very broad. If you were to fill in a CFS with somebody licensed to do so, the categories are broken down in a much more detailed way.

Anybody licensed to complete a CFS can apply and automatically become one of the agencies for Cashflow.

Comment

Well, myself and my wife both have debts of similar value. She works, I dont. Only income I have is what the wife gets for me via working credits etc.

Now, if we went to CCCS would it be best to join them both together?

Not much point in doing seperate as there would be nothing for me to pay mine with.

Comment

Just a word of warning. When I approached CCCS they took my DLA into account but wouldn't allow me care needs as an expense (which isn't what they're supposed to do). So they said that I didn't need a DMP and in fact could and should be paying my creditors more.

CAB looked at the same figures and said BR was my only option.

NDL said paying token payments forever was the way to go.

So, I think it's worth speaking to a few of the organisations to get a proper overview and find out all your options, then go with the one you feel most comfortable with. Remember, you're the expert when it comes to your finances, and you know what will be realistic for you to stick to. There was no way I'd be able to stick to the CCCS budget.

Comment

Working...
                              X