Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKDP LLP

Good day to all,

I have received a letter from MKDP LLP, whoever they are stating they have bought my alleged debt value 2K from Barclaycard. Similar letter supposedly from BC in the same envelope. Do any of you good people know anything about these people. Many thanks.

Re: MKDP LLP

They're bullies. We know that much. Just carry on as you are and continue with the UE chase. You'll be fine
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy. Thought they were a bit muppyish by the tone of their letter. Another bout to enjoy.

Comment

Don't ignore MKDP as they are much more likely to issue than Barclaycard ever were. That doesn't necessarily mean that they will win though.

Comment

I have had the same a couple of months ago. Now passed to next desk MKRR rapid recoveries. Barclaycards new favourites! Have you sent off for CCA?

Comment

Originally posted by Boltmaker View Post
            Thanks Niddy. Thought they were a bit muppyish by the tone of their letter. Another bout to enjoy.
            as Andrew says above, be careful with them. I merely meant they're bullies (ie claim happy).... Might be an idea to send sold in dispute template
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have replied to their 'welcome' letter stating account is in dispute as BC has indicated they cannot fulfil my CCA request from a few years ago.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion of letter re - account sold whilst in dispute, will follow that up

Comment

I have replied to their 'welcome' letter stating account is in dispute as BC has indicated they cannot fulfil my CCA request from a few years ago.
                  if they're still in default of your s.78 then you'll be quite safe

Comment

Thanks to all replies. BC are in default of CCA request. I have post office recorded receipt date and nothing was ever received in reply except the usual T&Cs and followed along with you have not paid us letters and then the new letters of assignment from MKDP.LLP

Comment

Thanks to all replies. BC are in default of CCA request. I have post office recorded receipt date and nothing was ever received in reply except the usual T&Cs and followed along with you have not paid us letters and then the new letters of assignment from MKDP.LLP
                      talking from experience: expect then down the line (2 years in my case) MKDP/MKRR forwarding you that very same Barclaycard letter with random terms and conditions nonsense and requesting you to call them to discuss repayment, then restarting the usual carousel with various template letters send automatically to you on a fortnight basis (they have complied with CCA request and lifted account out from dispute zone, haven't they?)

Comment

This outfit are very quick with follow up letters, before one could digest first letter and respond second 'you have not responded' letter arrives. Ah well looks like I an going to need a bigger file for this outfit or a bigger rubbish bin. Advised them that BC have no agreement and a/c in dispute, and they are now responsible for providing cca as new owners of alleged debt. Lets see where we go from here.

Comment

This outfit are very quick with follow up letters, before one could digest first letter and respond second 'you have not responded' letter arrives. Ah well looks like I an going to need a bigger file for this outfit or a bigger rubbish bin. Advised them that BC have no agreement and a/c in dispute, and they are now responsible for providing cca as new owners of alleged debt. Lets see where we go from here.
                          Subscribing. Its happening to me too.
                          MKDP don't give you time to response.
                          Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

Originally posted by jadex View Post
                            MKDP/MKRR forwarding you that very same Barclaycard letter with random terms and conditions nonsense and requesting you to call them to discuss repayment, then restarting the usual carousel with various template letters send automatically to you on a fortnight basis (they have complied with CCA request and lifted account out from dispute zone, haven't they?)
                            The thing is technically speaking they may be right to say that they believe they've complied with a section 78 request because they have sent you *something* in the post. The fact that what they've sent you is random terms and conditions and not a properly executed agreement isn't always the point. What they've sent you may succeed in court under section 78 (what they believe to be a CCA even though it isn't) but fail in court under section 61 (missing prescribed terms). That's why AAD has a Missing Prescribed Terms template letter to make them aware that they're not home and dry just because they've sent you rubbish in an envelope

I keep reminding people that my case Santander vs Mayhew was lost on the section 78 argument and won on the section 61 argument (and other arguments).

Read paragraphs 11 (section 61) and 14 (section 78) of the judgement:

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/Misc/2012/14.html

Comment

Sent off to these muppets for cca agreement and I get sent several poor copies of old statements. Either they treat people like they seem to be (idiots) and expect us to be satisfied with copy statements as proof of a debt or they cannot read or understand mail sent to them. So no more letter tennis they can just waste their own money writing to me as much as they feel like. At this time of year their mail will always come in as fire lighters.

Comment

Working...
                              X