GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Old Marks & Spencer storecard. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Marks & Spencer storecard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Marks & Spencer storecard.

Has anyone had any dealing with M&S? old chargecard/storecard, I know they have changed it a newer version, just wondered whether this might be UE. I know they used to sign you up in store, im talking ten+ yrs ago. If you go past date by one day they phone six times a day. I,m pondering as to what to do with this one.

Re: Old Marks & Spencer storecard.

BBC News - Some store card debtors may be let off
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

EEr why? omg im a dozy mare im now reading, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
        Has anyone had any dealing with M&S? old chargecard/storecard, I know they have changed it a newer version, just wondered whether this might be UE. I know they used to sign you up in store, im talking ten+ yrs ago. If you go past date by one day they phone six times a day. I,m pondering as to what to do with this one.
        Hi Jilly,
        Not personally, although others on the forum have. I suspect they are the same as all the others; they shout and scream at first but soon run out of steam and move on to someone else.
        In that particular case the article refers to, the lady originally applied for a Harrods store card which was turned in to a credit card at a later date.
        Have you requested a copy of the agreement? Chances are if its ten years old the spiders have had it!
        Have you considered a diary?
        Best,
        Missy
        Last edited by SA Gold; 11 June 2013, 14:19.
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Or read my Blog --> Do you have a Store Card to Credit Card? - allaboutFORUMS

The defendant (Mayhew) is a certain person on here (planB)
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
            In that particular case the article refers to, the lady originally applied for a Harrods store card which was turned in to a credit card at a later date.
            You know it was our very own planB - right?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              You know it was our very own planB - right?
              I do, although wasn't sure it was common knowledge. Although thinking about it, what an amazing result so glad it is!
              Silly me
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Did I hear someone mention the word Harrods

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                  Harrods Radar alert

Comment

You sure did!

Comment

You sure did!
                      And you also referred to PlanB as a "lady" However the judge who was a bigoted old bat implied that I was as a filthy debt avoider. Nevertheless consumer law was on my side

Comment

And you also referred to PlanB as a "lady" However the judge who was a bigoted old bat implied that I was as a filthy debt avoider. Nevertheless consumer law was on my side
                        I'm surprised you didn't say to the bitch "well I'm hardly dirty am I, I shop at Harrods (for free)" - her face would have been a picture

Comment

To be honest I have been paying it but they have pissed(did i really just say that) me off so much, I was a day late and I got six calls from them threatening all sorts and to top it off they have put my credit limit up four times without even asking me if I wanted it.Oh yea and said they charged £12 for late payment and £12 for a bloody phone call, Im just wondering whether to say stuff it and not pay at all but I have heard they chase you till the very end and take you to court which Im a little bit chicken of.

Comment

To be honest I have been paying it but they have pissed(did i really just say that) me off so much, I was a day late and I got six calls from them threatening all sorts and to top it off they have put my credit limit up four times without even asking me if I wanted it.Oh yea and said they charged £12 for late payment and £12 for a bloody phone call, Im just wondering whether to say stuff it and not pay at all but I have heard they chase you till the very end and take you to court which Im a little bit chicken of.
                            They cannot charge £12 for a feckin phone call - do you have that in writing, ie evidence on a statement they did this?

Comment

Im just wondering whether to say stuff it and not pay at all but I have heard they chase you till the very end and take you to court which Im a little bit chicken of.
                              Shall we check it out first before you worry about what to wear at the court hearing?

What year did your storecard turn into a credit card? After 2003/4 they began to send out application forms and/or get people to sign up to a new credit card account in store which may make a difference. Even signing up in store without the full Ts & Cs being present can cause them difficulties.

Comment

Working...
                              X