GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Old Marks & Spencer storecard. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Marks & Spencer storecard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old Marks & Spencer storecard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	M&S default.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1394756
    Well another letter from M&S today, shall I do anything? was thinking as im not sure of circumstances of this one whether I should send an offer of a £1 letter?

Comment

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
      [ATTACH]9000[/ATTACH]
      Well another letter from M&S today, shall I do anything? was thinking as im not sure of circumstances of this one whether I should send an offer of a £1 letter?
      That's only a default sums letter.

I'll look at emails later. I've been extremely busy of late with some urgent legal matters.

Please continue to bear with me. Don't worry, I just need to check over your agreement.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        That's only a default sums letter.

I'll look at emails later. I've been extremely busy of late with some urgent legal matters.

Please continue to bear with me. Don't worry, I just need to check over your agreement.

No worries we are getting hardened to all this now... well what have we got for them to take...

Comment

Niddy says send of missing pcts letter, done!

Comment

Just updating... still not attemped my diary...M & S calls a couple of times a day but had no letters...waiting for a default.

Comment

No reply to missing pcts but got this today.

Name:	ms.jpg
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1394868

Comment

Well been away for a while, and now have to get started on all the paperwork that I have received. This one come this morning looks a bit serious and need some advice on what to do.

Comment

Well been away for a while, and now have to get started on all the paperwork that I have received. This one come this morning looks a bit serious and need some advice on what to do.
                  I've removed this it had your name and address on.....
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry have not got up to speed yet will redo.

Comment

Name:	ms20.jpg
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	1398044
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]10130[/ATTACH]Well been away for a while, and now have to get started on all the paperwork that I have received. This one come this morning looks a bit serious and need some advice on what to do.
                      Last edited by joshing; 23 September 2013, 08:28.

Comment

So again been a few weeks but now received this letter, they have continued to send statements. Sold in dispute letter? I know they will come back with "give us evidence"

Comment

Mines still a chargecard just a nice new light green to the old dark one I had many years ago.
                          Can I just check something with you about the origin of this account. The first M&S store card product was called a "Budget Card" with limited use. It had a financial ceiling and then you paid this back at pre-agreed monthly amounts by direct debit but could run it up again. Mine started in 1996. There was also an option to open a different product called a "Chargecard" which was more flexible albeit only for in-store use. I started with the "Budget Card" and then upgraded to the "Chargecard in 1999 at my request. At that point I had to sign new paperwork and a declaration which "opened a new account". This new account was a charge card not a credit card. The old "Budget Account" was closed.

Did you have PPI on the original (I did). When I recently went to reclaim the PPI M&S told me that they couldn't help because they did not have the original documents so could not trace the PPI. I have the original application document (I was never sent a follow-up CCA) and it's a poor copy of the microfiche. But I got this ten years ago and I also got the impression that they may have destroyed some since. Is your CCA a recon?

I've not seen your CCA so I don't know what it says but it made me wonder whether there could be something else worth exploring. As Paul says the devil is in the detail.

Comment

Mine was opened in 1987 cant even remember how I opened it but it was a chargecard not a credit card.
                            I have the cca they sent me, I can send it too you if that will help.
                            Last edited by joshing; 27 November 2013, 12:26.

Comment

Mine was opened in 1987 cant even remember how I opened it but it was a chargecard not a credit card.
                              Maybe I didn't explain that very well. I know you didn't/don't have a credit card. But there were two different storecard products. Was yours a Budget Card which was subsequently renamed/upgraded to a Chargecard? This small detail may be crucial.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                                Maybe I didn't explain that very well. I know you didn't/don't have a credit card. But there were two different storecard products. Was yours a Budget Card which was subsequently renamed/upgraded to a Chargecard? This small detail may be crucial.

I really cant remember, is there a way I can find out?
                                says no budget account. i ticked it when applied in store.
                                Last edited by joshing; 27 November 2013, 12:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X