M&S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M&S

does anyone know anything about M&S personal reserve account card,was it a credit card??? and also is a chargecard a type of credit card? my OH had these and was talked into paying them off with a loan.wondering if there are any ppi on them.

Re: m&S

Originally posted by putupon12 View Post
    does anyone know anything about M&S personal reserve account card,was it a credit card??? and also is a chargecard a type of credit card? my OH had these and was talked into paying them off with a loan.wondering if there are any ppi on them.
    hi Putupon, a personal reserve card was still just a store card but had a higher set limit, and the charge card was again just M&S store card. although some cards were later changed to CC, i think that the store cards could still have had PPI available on them if you ticked the box

to find out if they had PPI you would have to send for your original Credit agreement (CCA) on these cards

di30 is the one on here to help you. good luck NW
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wasn't that the one where they used to give you a cheque book and around a £3k limit? Cheques could be used to pay for goods, or made out to yourself to get cash?

You'd really need to do a SAR request to find out about PPI..

Or a CCA as above
      Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 2 February 2013, 10:50.

Comment

Your right Elsa, the personal reserve had the blankety blank Cheque book,( you had to supply your own pen)
        and I agree with the SAR, cost £10.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I sent a sar to them 18 months ago and got a couple of screen shots on each account, no letters no statements no credit limits no cca.they said they have now complied with their legal duties under data protection 1998

Comment

When you say that these were paid of with a loan How long ago was that?

Comment

the loan was taken out 2000 for 5 years paid for 37 months and some back and forth, we are now paying off the remainder to a dca at a nominal amount.

Comment

Hiya
                records on paid up accounts are only kept for so long after closure, not sure if it is 6 years after the account is closed.if you paid off M&S in 2000 then they have closed the accounts and do not need to keep any information about them, so what they sent to you may be all they have on record.

sorry NW

Comment

would they not have to keep them because they are linked to the loan?and the part of the loan is outstanding.?

Comment

Originally posted by putupon12 View Post
                    would they not have to keep them because they are linked to the loan?and the part of the loan is outstanding.?
                    The loan is a seperate account, it was used to clear the other accounts so they were closed,

is the loan with M&S if so they should of sent anything they have about it in the SAR as you must of asked for ALL information they held, not just the two accounts

Comment

ok thanks for the info and advice, I will just keep paying only another 25 years,

Comment

Have you checked if the loan is enforceable or not?

Comment

I'll ask our lovely Di to have a look in

Comment

Thanks Elsa x

Comment

Might be a case of SAR'ing them again, then strongly following it up if they don't supply everything. See what Di thinks..

Comment

Working...
                              X