X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cra

do DCAS have access to names and addresses at the CRAs,

Re: cra

They have full insight access yes. They can see your details, linked addresses etc via trace - another add-on.

They can't see your lender name that's about all.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ill wait a little longer before sending for my credit file

thanks for the info

Comment

Niddy - Do you know exactly what they see? I am interested as I have been told that they will be looking at my credit file, as they can.

"They can't see your lender name that's about all"

Does that mean they see all the other details eg date of opening, date of default, history etc.? So each and every detail of each and every account account bar the current owners' name.

Comment

If it helps when we were talking to some very excitable DCA before the force was with us they seemed to know an awful lot about our overall situation as it was about 2 months previously.

Also when anything happens of interest as in a new credit line or an old account paid off then a sudden flurry of DCA activity happens.

Coincidence????

CRA's, another brick in the debt slavery prison.

Comment

Ken
            I got that as well. 'It has come to our attention....' so they probably listen for activity, or lie.

It would be good to know what they hear and what they can see. Also if that information is specific on whose authority is it passed over to them.

I know that many agreements have a clause that states the creditor assumes authority to pass on the details of your account and the DCA would inherit it on assignment.

We should be able to strike out the authorising clause prior signing. That would put paid to the CRAs enabling persons other than OC seeing the info.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
              Niddy - Do you know exactly what they see? I am interested as I have been told that they will be looking at my credit file, as they can.

"They can't see your lender name that's about all"

Does that mean they see all the other details eg date of opening, date of default, history etc.? So each and every detail of each and every account account bar the current owners' name.
              They can pay for different products. Most use the likes of Delphi & insight which pretty much show them;

Residency (electoral data); accounts & history with limit and min repayment etc but NOT the lender name, your disclosed personal details, search history (ie 3 credit searches / 12 quotes) and any linked addresses, associates and court data.

Then they can link in with n hunter which confirms details used at last application so gives up name/address/work etc details.

It depends what system and which cra they subscribe to and which level of data they want.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just looking at the T & C's of a Tesco CC that just happen to be on my desk lol

Your information is used to help us
                Recover debt

We share your information with the CRA's
                other companies that help us provide our service to you
                where we might transfer our rights and obligations under this agreement

But crucially it says, We may occasionally make searches at CRA's. This will be details about how you manage your accounts including your account balance,credit limit and any arrears
                This will help us manage and make decisions about your account with us. We may also send information to CRA's and they make this information available to other organisations to help them make decisions about you your associates and members of your household.
                The information might also be used for tracing purposes.

Everytime we seek credit we put a nail in our own coffins. Everytime we access the CRA's they get to know where we are.

They are even cheeky enough to get us to pay (Sometimes) for giving the information they need to trace us.

Doubt you would get any credit if you wanted to amend the T & C's. It is all part of the chains

Comment

so we stay under the radar

I never ever give any details to anyone unless it's absolutely necessary, I have just changed our power company without supplying a phone number, so it can be done, just be firm

Comment

Some jobs also do CRA checks, and you never know which.

Government departments, the forces and financial institutions definitely. So if you cross off the public and the financial sector and their suppliers it does reduce the potential employers list.

What I don't understand is why the insurance companies need to make a search on anybody named on a car insurance policy, that has nothing to do with credit.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                      What I don't understand is why the insurance companies need to make a search on anybody named on a car insurance policy, that has nothing to do with credit.
                      Its a "soft" search - only you and the relevant company can see it. It is used as an Identity check to ensure you are who you say you are.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                      X