GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script When the debt has been sold on, who to pay? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the debt has been sold on, who to pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the debt has been sold on, who to pay?

So if I have a debt with a company who is Capquest but CCS Collections send me a letter saying I have to pay them on behalf of Capquest who should I send actual payment to?
    There is more shadiness in the business world than in the criminal world.

Re: When the debt has been sold on, who to pay?

Why are you thinking of paying?

If it's already been with Capquest who have passed it on to CCS then I assume you haven't been paying...?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

^^^ quite....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        Why are you thinking of paying?

If it's already been with Capquest who have passed it on to CCS then I assume you haven't been paying...?
        Well, they sent a letter saying intended legal action and a friend of mine said they know someone taken to local court.

The debts are really low though, 620, 488 and 158. None I got myself into but family member.

Comment

Not impossible but unlikely that they'll risk court for such (relatively) low amounts.

What exactly did the letter say? Lots of dcas letters mention intended legal action as a scare tactic...I've had several (edit: just checked my diary and I've had 17)

You really can't go off other debts/cases...each situation is unique.
          Last edited by Pixie; 4 January 2013, 19:32.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Mentions Attachment of Earnings and Property of Assets. I have ignored and not paid a penny.

Also the name its sent is my old name before parents got married.

The date they demanded pay is over anyway. I notice they send the letters out late or slow which seemed a scare tactic saying to pay by set date, not paid at all though.

Comment

I'd not worry too much. As you're not a homeowner then they can't do much

As the amounts are small, if they did try legal it'd be easy to negotiate settlement I'd presume.

ps they need a successful judgment before any application for attachment of earnings can be heard!! Jumping the gun a little....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flughesy View Post
                Mentions Attachment of Earnings and Property of Assets.
                The fact that they've mentioned these just reinforces my belief that they're trying scare tactics.

Like Niddy says, try not to worry too much.

Comment

Thanks and I guess there are other ways of improving my score... Electoral role etc

Comment

If it's your credit rating you're most concerned about it's a different matter entirely Flughesy.
                    Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 5 January 2013, 10:39. Reason: grammar!

Comment

Originally posted by Flughesy View Post

Also the name its sent is my old name before parents got married.
                      Excuse me if this has been asked before, but how old are these debts ?

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                        Excuse me if this has been asked before, but how old are these debts ?
                        Due to the small amounts involved, that doesn't matter as we'd never play UE with such small debts. Instead this should be ignored in hope of SB. Or just pay a bit each each month. It's not really that important really.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Due to the small amounts involved, that doesn't matter as we'd never play UE with such small debts. Instead this should be ignored in hope of SB. Or just pay a bit each each month. It's not really that important really.
                          It may matter if it is already SB.

CCS have a reputation of chancing their arms on SB debts.
                          Last edited by gravytrain; 5 January 2013, 13:10.

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                            It may matter if it is already SB.

CC have a reputation of chancing their arms on SB debts.
                            I think it's newer than that however good point. I didn't realise CCS were involved. Just seen capquest name mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                              If it's your credit rating you're most concerned about it's a different matter entirely Flughesy.
                              Well that and not going to court but from what everyone says its best to just ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                              X