GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Defaults - Repayment - Is it worth it? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defaults - Repayment - Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defaults - Repayment - Is it worth it?

Hi

Abut 2.5 years ago I was defaulted on several lines of credit, I have no CCJ's however I was just wondering.

1. I am in a position to start paying these defaults off, all be it over the course of the next 4/5 years - Is it worth it?

2. Will these guys just take me to court and get a CCJ if I dont pay.

I must admit I haven't had any letters from them in ages. So I am just a bit curious

Thanks for your help

Re: Defaults - Repayment - Is it worth it?

I'd wait - do not contact them

Can you be a lot more specific, such as when did you last pay and have you been in contact? Have you moved since?

Basically, if they have already defaulted you 2.5yrs ago then they will auto drop off (vanish) from your credit file after 6yrs and become statute barred if you ignored them. If they try for a ccj then we'd send them a CCA request which stops them being able to do that, but presumably they have to be hassling you to do so...

Try reading around this: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=38

If you need specific help, just ask away - i'll be back later tonight/tomorrow.... but others can help if you need urgent answers (although your post suggests its not urgent as such)...
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

yes I have moved since however, looking at my credit check on all 3 sites the date of Default was Aug/Sep 2008 so I do apologise it was 2 years ago, for the most part, one or two was about 3 months earlier

I have paid nothing off since, September/November 2007 However I have had contact with them up until middle of 2008

I am not on the electoral roll currently, is this why they havent gone for a CCJ?

Comment

ok, ignore them...... do not do anything. If they ever contact you let us know on here - do not speak to them or acknowledge anything they send to you... let me know first yea|?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok, Cool!

So will I be ok to go back on the electoral roll?

My address is listed on the Credit Check sites, because I work for virgin I get their staff package which shows as fully paid and uptodate as does my step account.

Comment

not yet, stay off the ER until nexty august. after 3 clear years, the DCA'/s do what is known as an annual trace search - so they write to everyone with similar details - at that point you return it as unknown at this address....

Until then, stay off the ER and do not apply for ANY credit! You'll be declined, but next year when you go on ER then you'll fine to apply, and get, credit.....

You need 3 clear years at new address, as most lenders ask for last 3yrs address history. So long as the previous address is NOT linked, you'll be fine.

Comment

So when I go on the ER next year say? They wont all suddenly run amok trying to CCJ me?

Comment

Nooooo - if they try a stunt like that, we'll stop em in their tracks by requesting cca's and fight for unenforceability - I'm good at that!!

Don't worry. After 3yrs of no contact it's unlikely they'll link to you unless you have a totally unique name....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Nooooo - if they try a stunt like that, we'll stop em in their tracks by requesting cca's and fight for unenforceability - I'm good at that!!

Don't worry. After 3yrs of no contact it's unlikely they'll link to you unless you have a totally unique name....
                  Hiya, sorry to jump on this - my hubby has a barclaycard and the last contact we had from them was August 2008 (Mercers) literally we've not heard a thing. He's on the ER as we havent' moved and he was on the ER before the default.

Hubby not applied for credit at all and we've not made a joint application (no reason to) so will these fend them off?

Also, would it be August 2014 before it was statute barred?

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
                    Hiya, sorry to jump on this - my hubby has a barclaycard and the last contact we had from them was August 2008 (Mercers) literally we've not heard a thing. He's on the ER as we havent' moved and he was on the ER before the default.

Hubby not applied for credit at all and we've not made a joint application (no reason to) so will these fend them off?

Also, would it be August 2014 before it was statute barred?
                    I have suggested the best course of action, on your diary! ie continue to ignore and leave the sleeping dogs and all that

Comment

Working...
                    X