GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Full and Final settlement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full and Final settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full and Final settlement

Not sure if this is the right place but I had an account with Arrow global which I had defaulted on which is fine...but I did a full settlement last year and its still showing that I owe the 74 pound reduction I got when i paid in full surely it should say satisfied and aarow are saying its not up to them to put right? could someone advise please.

Re: Full and Final settlement

Hi,

Do you still have the documentation from the F&F. They are notoriously difficult to negotiate so they are watertight. If you've got the information it would be interesting if you could post it up making sure you remove all personal details.

Comment

Hi I will have a search for it tomorrow the agreement was made over the phone then I recieved a letter stating payment was for ffs a week or so later x

Comment

Originally posted by mrs_m View Post
        Not sure if this is the right place but I had an account with Arrow global which I had defaulted on which is fine...but I did a full settlement last year and its still showing that I owe the 74 pound reduction I got when i paid in full surely it should say satisfied and aarow are saying its not up to them to put right? could someone advise please.
        Did Arrow send you post contractual statements yearly from 30 October 2008, as per the CCA 2006?

Comment

Sorry I dont mean to be dumb but what do you mean lol

Comment

Sorry I dont mean to be dumb but what do you mean lol
            Did they send an annual statement of account to you?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok, can you clarify exactly what you mean? If say you had a £550 debt and settled this with a F&F offer of say £300, then your credit file would show that the balance is £0 and also show it as being settled. Thus, if there is a balance showing on the settled entry you need to complain to the CRA direct and send them a copy of the agreement letter and proof of payment whatever and demand they remove the incorrect payment marker.

The key here is does it show settled? if so then the £74 showing matters little as the account is already settled - how can you owe money on a settled debt? Make sense?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The original debt was for 614 i kept paying a little off until it went down to 374 which was may last year, end of may i phoned and offered 300 f and f which they agreed to and when i had paid it i was sent a confirmation letter stating it was a full and final blah blah. Checked credit report yesterday and the status is still saying 74 oweing. Wierd thing was going back several months I got a phone call from i think westcott saying i still owed 74 and i told them no way as i did a ff and why was they phoning me and she said oh we wont bother then and put down the phone, that was last I heard.

Comment

Just ignore it or tell the CRA's to remove it. Failing that send a complaint to the ICO regards the incorrect data enclosing a copy of the F&F paperwork...

best of luck

Comment

Tbh its due to drop off next year but it was more the principle and I cant seem to find the letter anyway so never mind.....I really ought to keep my letters let that be a bit of advice to anyone even if you just have a box out of the way somewhere....dont throw them all away cause it dont take away the problem

Comment

Oh well just ignore it then - it will not affect you anyway

Comment

Do you ever sleep man?

Comment

Do you ever sleep man?
                          sleeping is for lightweights!

Comment

The original debt was for 614 i kept paying a little off until it went down to 374 which was may last year, end of may i phoned and offered 300 f and f which they agreed to and when i had paid it i was sent a confirmation letter stating it was a full and final blah blah. Checked credit report yesterday and the status is still saying 74 oweing. Wierd thing was going back several months I got a phone call from i think westcott saying i still owed 74 and i told them no way as i did a ff and why was they phoning me and she said oh we wont bother then and put down the phone, that was last I heard.
                            Just a thought
                            Was this a short settlement?

Comment

sorry here we go again whats a short settlement?

Comment

Working...
                              X