GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Defaulted 15 months ago still paying interest - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defaulted 15 months ago still paying interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defaulted 15 months ago still paying interest

Hi,
    rbs defaulted me on a credit card 15 months ago.I owe just over 2k,I made a arrrangement to pay £50 a month,which they agreed for twelve months.i paid this for twelve months & they have extended this for another twelve months.Thing is i am still paying interest (they refused to freeze it) so its going to take a age to pay off.I have not paid the last couple of payments & trident debt recovery are after me.....
    The card is enforceable.My question is:whats the best way to either stop the interest or get a full and final offer.

Re: Defaulted 15 months ago still paying interest

The best way is to stop paying. Let them sell it and do a s.78 cca request.

Don't worry you've been defaulted and tried, time to say sod off now me thinks.... So start by stopping paying and pop a cca request + £1 in the post.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Once a dca takes the debt interest usually stops.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by fto View Post
        Hi,
        trident debt recovery are after me.....
        You need to be aware that Trident are not a DCA - they are an RBS/Natwest in house debt collection service.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          The best way is to stop paying. Let them sell it and do a s.78 cca request.

Don't worry you've been defaulted and tried, time to say sod off now me thinks.... So start by stopping paying and pop a cca request + £1 in the post.
          I have only had the card around 3 years,I thought this ment it is enforceable.Should i still sent the cca request?.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
            You need to be aware that Trident are not a DCA - they are an RBS/Natwest in house debt collection service.
            Thanks for the info..........I wonder if they would consider a offer for a settlement?.

Comment

Thanks for the info..........I wonder if they would consider a offer for a settlement?.
              Yes, most probably - what is the balance as things stand?

Comment

Yes, most probably - what is the balance as things stand?
                £2200 is the current balance,what kind of offer do you think i should make?

Comment

£2200 is the current balance,what kind of offer do you think i should make?
                  £300 working up in £50 intervals to a maximum of £500 - if no joy then cease contact for a few months, and start again - same rates, same increments

Comment

£300 working up in £50 intervals to a maximum of £500 - if no joy then cease contact for a few months, and start again - same rates, same increments
                    Just a update........They rejected my offer,but did come down to £1700.
                    They have sold the debt on,so just sending the next offer to them now.

Comment

If they sold it start low again with new dca. But wait till they get desperate. No offers just yet

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                        Their name is actually Triton or Credit Management Services, neither of which trading names is known to either the ICO or the OFT; being part of RBS, it seems they are allowed to do as they please.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          Their name is actually Triton or Credit Management Services, neither of which trading names is known to either the ICO or the OFT; being part of RBS, it seems they are allowed to do as they please.
                          Of course, only until they mess up at which point RBS as the parent company would be liable, so in some ways it's better cos it's easier to get a bank to sit up and pay attention than it is a DCA - well, in most cases it is

Comment

another update.....now its in the hands of Allied international.
                            I will wait for them to send a really nasty letter then make a offer.

Comment

Got a new problem.I have written to the dca making a offer,in fact i have written twice.My wife still gets lot of phone calls ( they have her mobile number) she just tells them i am out.I am concerned they are just going to take me to court.I would be grateful of any advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X