GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Defaulted 15 months ago still paying interest - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defaulted 15 months ago still paying interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defaulted 15 months ago still paying interest

AIC are prize muppets, in fact they are my local muppets just down the road in Glasgow.

Did you send the CCA?
    Did you get anything back?
    Can't your wife just delete the number or at least just don't answer when its them?, they use a variety of numbers beginning with 014155, just delete, she shouldn't really be speaking to them at all and especially since it isn't even your number, utter muppets as I said before.

Comment

If your wife has a paug sim card just change it then only give the number to those you trust and certainly no one from the financial sector.

Comment

Good thinking Batman! (sorry PF) We have recently gone PAYG and it is useful and much less costly to boot. (every time we top up a tenner they give us another 100minutes free for the next month).

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Or even better buy one Niddy's special numbers for them! Can't find the thread to link to, but know he offers them, and a variety of packages to go with them.

Comment

BBoo,

Indeed that will help to but changing a sim card will have an immediate effect to mobile calls and will being relief knowing that they cannot contact you while you are out and as garlok says you will no doubt get a better deal anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              BBoo,

Indeed that will help to but changing a sim card will have an immediate effect to mobile calls and will being relief knowing that they cannot contact you while you are out and as garlok says you will no doubt get a better deal anyway.
              charming! Talk people out of our new venture - why not!
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                Or even better buy one Niddy's special numbers for them! Can't find the thread to link to, but know he offers them, and a variety of packages to go with them.
                ---> Whats Niddy been up to lately? - allaboutFORUMS

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by fto View Post
                  Got a new problem.I have written to the dca making a offer,in fact i have written twice.My wife still gets lot of phone calls ( they have her mobile number) she just tells them i am out.I am concerned they are just going to take me to court.I would be grateful of any advice.
                  As you've made an offer, await a response - stop stressing ok?

You'll be fine so long as you keep us properly updated with things as and when they happen

Comment

Ok,not needed any advice for some time.
                    The debt has been sold on a few times since my last post.I have made offers to the debt company,but they have refused saying it is way below the mark.I got a letter from scot call threatening a doorstep visit,so I sent the template letter & they replied saying they have the right to come to the door... while i was at work ealier they called at my home & my wife answered, she felt quite intimidated.Any advice to stop these visits.

Comment

Originally posted by fto View Post
                      Ok,not needed any advice for some time.
                      The debt has been sold on a few times since my last post.I have made offers to the debt company,but they have refused saying it is way below the mark.I got a letter from scot call threatening a doorstep visit,so I sent the template letter & they replied saying they have the right to come to the door... while i was at work ealier they called at my home & my wife answered, she felt quite intimidated.Any advice to stop these visits.
                      Send this ----> Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I read that the OP has already sent the above template and Scotcall have written back saying they can and will visit if they want to.

And now they actually have but not when OP is home thus making OP's wife feel threatened?

If it were me I would be doing a complaint letter back to them and reporting them to all and sundry.

But only if I have read that post right and the doorstep template letter has already been sent and they have chosen to ignore???

Comment

This one then ---> Harassment Follow-Up & Threat of Injunctive Relief
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                            I read that the OP has already sent the above template and Scotcall have written back saying they can and will visit if they want to.

And now they actually have but not when OP is home thus making OP's wife feel threatened?

If it were me I would be doing a complaint letter back to them and reporting them to all and sundry.

But only if I have read that post right and the doorstep template letter has already been sent and they have chosen to ignore???

Yes thats whats happened
                            Last edited by fto; 11 January 2013, 12:50.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                              Thanks...will do

Comment

This is the letter i refer to in my earlier post:

I write in response to your recent correspondence.The case you have referred to is not applicable in your circumstances.As part of your credit agreement that you have signed and entered into,you agreed to repay in full outstanding balance and that where necessary,the creditor could recover the debt by outsourcing the debt to a third party,which by the way of doorstep collection.

Therefore the licence you state that has been revoked is irrelevant,which for the avoidance of doubt we do not agree to,is not binding on us as it does not fulfill the relevant principles of contract law.

We are entitled by law and under contract to recover monies outstanding and we are allowed to take resonable steps in accordance with regulatory guidancen to recover such monies.
                                Last edited by fto; 13 January 2013, 17:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X