GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BT Default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BT Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT Default

Hi Guys,

I am hoping you could all help me out here am banging my head against a brick wall!

Problem with BT Default, Now couple of years ago I have opened a BT account for my stepfather at an address he was living from April 2011 to October 2011 during that time he was using the service I put it in my name because I said I would pay for it for him as I am a deaf person I needed him to have broadband so we can use Skype using sign language which was the best way for us both to communicate it was in my name because he couldn't afford to pay for it himself so it made it a lot easier to put in my name so it would come out of my bank account via direct debit.

From October 2011 my stepfather decided to move in where I lived then I moved out which I didn't know at the time my stepdad transferred the service over where I lived at the time but I moved out. I thought nothing of it since even though they have taken the money from my bank account right up until April 2012 then I assumed the service has been stopped there and then direct debit was cancelled.

3 years on last week I discovered that BT defaulted my account for £550 so I tried to dispute it with equifax on the grounds that it wasn't my debt only because at the time I didn't realise it was the account from my stepfather was to it being transferred over to the address I lived at.

So I immediately e mailed CEO about the situation and didn't realised it wasn't properly cancelled that why they issued default notice but I have no recollection of getting a default letter at all or any warnings and even if i did I would've made sure it was paid before it happened.

Head of Exective Complaint got back to me and we spoken on the phone for nearly 2 hours trying to resolved this including me admitting that I made an error on my part and genuinely sorry this has happened and offered to pay in full if they remove the default but the lady said she can't and theres nothing more she can do. Saying that she will send a letter of her full and final decision.

I am so unhappy this has happened it a geunine mistake on my part and they defaulted me even though I didn't receive the default letter. I really want it removed from my credit file it is making my credit file a mess!!

What should I do? Please help!

James

Re: BT Default

I'll re-read your post tomorrow (sorry to be rushing tonight).

I'm battling BT at the moment so I know how pig-headed they can be.

I'm seconds away from taking my complaint to the Ombudsman so can you tell us whether you have evoked BT's formal complaints procedure yet?

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/wh...nications.html

Comment

Hi there...

They certainly are pig headed!!! It a very simple mistake made by myself although I acknowledge I owe them money but I will give them money if they are prepared to remove default.

I went straight to CEO who refer me to executive complaints.

They are digging a hole when there no need for it they take money and just remove default simple!!!

What your issue with them?

James

Comment

See this - we've helped a few people here beat BT. --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post427202

If you need help let me know. You do NOT need to follow BT's complaint process. That's THEIR process. All you need to do is raise the complaint in writing detailing the faults. IF they deem your reasoning as acceptable they will remove it. If they don't they will refuse in which case it's off to OFGEM and the ICO.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps a 3 year old default won't affect you much. It would for a mortgage but really, for mainstream debt it'd be ignored so it won't be making your file a mess.

Pointless paying BT right now. Maybe use that as a negotiation tool for a better discount?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hey there!

To be honest it not about me applying for credit product at all such as mortgage as I don't need those anyway. But it more of a safety net knowing that in case I ever need to get a loan or any credit product from the bank in the future I need to ensure I got something to fall back on and lastly it also part of my job as every 3 years I get credit searched as I work in credit analysis department.

The next credit check is due this year anytime and because the last credit check was done before BT Defaulted me!

I am so frustrated because I am not that brilliant typing letters, my support worker has type this e mail for me on my behalf here what he has said below....

Admin edit - personal info showing

It has certainly made me fill so ill and stressed. That E mail was sent by my support worker on my behalf and no reply!!

Do you think I should go down the proper channels ?

By the way my first name is xxxxxx but hate that so everybody calls me xxxxxx!
            Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 23 April 2015, 19:22. Reason: Admin

Comment

Edited as personal info showing. Please blank out personal info as we are public.

Comment

I'll look at this for you in the next day or so. (I'll sort you a suitable letter)....

Sit tight. Don't stress about it. Back soon.

Comment

Working...
                X