GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default advice Please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default advice Please

;Hi

Could anyone please give me some advice?

I had a Default on a 3g contract some time ago but paid in full so it was showing up

As settled on my Equifax credit report. it wasn’t showing at all on my Experian or

callcredit report. so then the Default went off my Equifax credit report as far as am aware

it did come of early but am not complaining I have since got a new 3G contract so

everything is cool there

But now LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD have put it on my Experian credit report can they do this :cry:

I have never had any letter of this company over this doubt.

also because according to LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD default date

mean it should not have come of my Equifax credit report till dec 2012 can this be put back on my report

Company name: LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD
    Account type: Communications
    Started: 02/06/2005
    Default Balance : £189
    Current Balance : Satisfied
    Defaulted On : 01/12/2006
    File Updated for the Period to: 24/10/2010

update just checked my Equifax credit report and they have also put it on there this is wrong surely
    as I have already stated this default has been and gone of my report

Communications Supplier from Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd (I) / XXXXXX7094
    Name xxxxxx Date of Birth xx/xx/xxxx
    Terms 0 @ £ 0 (Monthly) Status Settled
    Current Balance £ 0 Start Balance £ 0
    Credit Limit £ 0 Default / Delinquent Balance £ 0
    Start Date 02/06/2005 Date Updated 25/10/2010
    Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied 01/12/2006

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Regards ste

Re: Default advice Please

Hi Ste,

Welcome to AAD!

Hopefully this linky will help you a little -

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=38
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

hi

thanks very much for that

cheers ste

Comment

No bother! 2

Comment

Hiya Ste

I've edited your first post as you left personal details in there. k

Swanny

Comment

hi swanny

sorry about that

cheers ste

Comment

No problemo 2

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan
                Hiya Ste

I've edited your first post as you left personal details in there. k

Swanny
                Thanks Swanny ;K7

Comment

Hiya the way it works is the official default date should be maintained at all costs so the default date was 01/12/2006 and lowell have obviously updated their records to include it meaning it will still be removed in 2012 - notice they have correctly added the right default date....

Basically on Jan 2013 all entries will be removed from your credit file in relation to this account. have you though, EVER dealt with or heard from Lowell about this debt? Who did you pay when you owed it? We can try and get it removed, depends how you answer the above - also if you have other debts, maybe UE debts? Then this default will not matter so i'd forget it cos it's only got 2yrs to go anyway......

Niddy.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy

Thanks for reply no mate I have NEVER had ANY letters or heard from Lowell about this debt EVER . the first time I called them they said it was September they Bought this debt and when I called the second time it was august of this year.

I paid 3g myself over the phone back in June of this year total £189.29 they already know there is no debt left can’t See how a debt company can buy a debt that does not exist???? Also I thought once a default comes Off your credit report it cant go back on ????? I have no outstanding debt

how can I get them to remove this information from my credit report which as far as I can make out they had no legal right to place it there in the first place????

I will copy what info I have mate below edit post as you see fit

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give. I myself would like to threaten them with legal action

Cheers ste

07/10/2010 - Credit Agreement New/Deleted

There have been changes to the following Credit Agreement in your credit file.

Deleted Credit Agreement Summary
                    Company Name Account Type Account Number
                    Previous Information HUTCHISON 3G UK LTD Communications Supplier xxxxxxxxxxxx

28/10/2010 - Credit Agreement New/Deleted

There have been changes to the following Credit Agreement in your credit file.

New Credit Agreement Summary
                    Company Name Account Type Account Number
                    New Information LOWELL FINANCIAL LTD (I) Communications Supplier xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Hiya

Ok you really need to be contacting the original creditor and arguing with them that they are selling a closed account, which resulted in an unlawful default being registered and remind them that as they appointed the 3rd party, they are ultimately responsible for the DPA breach....

So try the lender first, then you send a copy to the CRA's and finally you complain to the ICO about both the original creditor and lowells......

Its a boring slow process, but you can get there. ;EEK 2
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi
                        thanks very much for advice

cheers ste

Comment

Comment

hi
                            ive been having the same problem with LOWEL they have placed a default on my file with out notifying that this was going to be there action is this legal ... HELP

ben

Comment

Hi Ben and welcome, so that your posts do not get lost on someone else's thread - it maybe be an idea to start your own thread and give as much information as possible on your case so then the right advice can be given to you.

Just click on the new thread button and away you go.

If you have any problems just let us know

good luck

LL

Comment

Working...
                              X