GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script bank account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bank account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bank account

several years ago received a letter regarding a debt to abbey from a dca,all it mentioned was an ammount and bank account number,I have been paying a small monthly ammount and I never queried what it was for,I recently asked for a cca and the dca sent a illegeble copy of an application form and multifuction card request stating they had now fullfilled their commitment to s77 or s78.I have written now 3 times asking for clear copies and statements of exactly what this debt is and they will not respond.I have continued with my small payments.can any one offer what to do next

Re: bank account

Bank accounts are exempt from cca1974..... You're fighting a losing battle I'm afraid.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I was aware of that but are they as they have said its fullfilled their commitment to s77/78.my problem is they wont supply any details.I dont know what the debt is about it could be an overdraught or anything.I have asked for statements nothing forth coming.

Comment

You need to send Advanced SAR - from unenforceability templates thread.... That will give you everything they have about you :-)
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Also cease payments - I presume the default has already expired from your credit file? Who is the lender, not lloyds is it?

Comment

the lender is abbey,I have never seen a default .not used the acount since early 2003 ,dca is link.
            will send sar monday

Comment

should i send it to abbey or link

Comment

Originally posted by putupon12
                should i send it to abbey or link
                To the lender - they are the ones that hold data about you.... read the SAR link I passed to you, it explains it all there (what to do, what to pay, who to send to etc etc) ;-)

Comment

thanks for the info will send to abbey.

Comment

did not seem to get sar link from you

Comment

My apologies - SAR here: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2312#p2312

Comment

what should i do if the information sent is just a computerised summary,no letters no statements etc,

Comment

stop worrying, they will comply - they have to!

Comment

received a copy of credit agreement and 9 double sided pages computer print out containing references to letter templates .e-mails telephone conversations searches etc .no actual copies of letters,or default or termination nothing at all really,Iwas expecting to get full copies not a list.

Comment

You should have got the actual paperwork, NOT just a list! If this is all they have sent then you must complain to the ICO - formally. See here: ---> http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

Comment

Working...
                              X