GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unrecorded Credit Search on Equifax - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unrecorded Credit Search on Equifax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unrecorded Credit Search on Equifax

Just checked my Equifax credit report online and on the 26/08/2010 there is an unrecorded search from a company called

UK Search Limited
    www.uksearchlimited.com

As this is an unrecorded enquiry am I correct in thinking it will not affect my credit rating as it can't be viewed by other lenders etc...

What can this company see when doing an Unrecorded search?

Re: Unrecorded Credit Search on Equifax

As this is an unrecorded search, it will not be seen by other creditors, and will have no effect on your credit score as such. Remember the credit score on the CRA is only a guide as each company uses different criteria.

This type of search is used to check identity and address.

From the link you provided, it would seem that someone is looking for you (or someone with a similar name) to chase a debt.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Basically it will move to a section called Trace Searches which stay for 24 months - but only if they actually find you from the search, are you in debt with anyone that would warrant them searching you? if not then contest it with the CRA - I presume you're looking at Equifax here?

As oscar stated, it is only an unrecorded so no lender can see it but i'd be more concerned as to why a tracing agent is onto you..... ;Hmm
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I do have some debts from some time ago, although I moved without trace and was granted new credit facilities with no links to my bad past...there is no GAIN, Linked Adress or CIFAS information present on any of my credit files?

think i just need to sit tight and see what comes...I am waiting for a Dear....letter

Comment

Originally posted by telecomengineer
          I do have some debts from some time ago, although I moved without trace and was granted new credit facilities with no links to my bad past...there is no GAIN, Linked Adress or CIFAS information present on any of my credit files?

think i just need to sit tight and see what comes...I am waiting for a Dear....letter
          I think you'll be ok - they tend to do annual tracer searches, so chances are they have searched you, found you but as data mis-matched, they will sweep past without picking you up. Thing is, they leave a record called "Trace Search" when they lock-on and as they have not done this, they are not 100% sure you are the same telecomengineer they want....

If anything changes or they do send a dear letter - come back here before doing anything lol
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Seems the search is unrecorded and it says "unclassified" not had any letters as yet so lets hope its a data mis-match

Found this interesting article surrounding tracing via Equifax..

New Recoveries Report provides greater insight into debtors’ current address and credit status

London, August 2010 – Leading consumer debtor and credit risk expert, Equifax, has enhanced its Debtor Management Solutions. A new Recoveries Report has been added to its Locate service giving collectors a unique insight into the credit commitments and behaviour of debtors.

The new Recoveries Report enhances the performance of collections activity by ensuring activities are properly focused” confirmed Dennis Sanford-Casey, Business Development Manager, Equifax. “We are also giving collectors the best possible insight into the financial status of debtors, so that the right collections strategies can be applied in every case.

The Equifax Recoveries Report enables users to trace and assess the financial position of a debtor in one search. By accessing consumer data at either the supplied or traced address, collectors are given a clear and accurate picture of a debtor’s financial position in order to identify the most effective collections strategy.

Online access to the Equifax consumer database also enables collectors to verify trace addresses in order to ensure that they are contacting the right individual.

Key consumer data included in the Recoveries Report includes Electoral Roll and Rolling Register information, Court and Insolvency data and details of searches conducted on a consumer’s credit file. For those users that are members of the Equifax Insight information sharing database, this data is also included.

Comment

Working...
            X