GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default one year to go and debt collection agencies apply all the usual pressure - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default one year to go and debt collection agencies apply all the usual pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default one year to go and debt collection agencies apply all the usual pressure

My wife has one year to go until her credit card debt with Capital one is statue barred.

The debt is owned by Lowell but she has credit resource solutions and Mackenzie hall chasing her for the the same debt.

She is just ignoring them as she wants to get it to statue barred status.

The letters start out nice then get a little more threatening then make us an offer to ccj if the debt is paid to pay by 23rd of this month.

The debt was £1000 but Lowell's have bumped it up to £2400 to get the wife to get mad at the increase and ring them up but she isn't falling for it.

They said they would accept £1000 but that was the amount she owed anyways cheeky sod.

Then another letter dropping it to £1400 from another company.

Would these two companies take her to court and if they did then they would have a hard time explaining why two companies were chasing her for the same debt?

I have had nearly every debt collection company going over twenty years and not one has ever taken me to court.

But I'm not sure about these two companies but threats don't scare us but she just wants to lay low.

Any suggestions?

Re: Default one year to go and debt collection agencies apply all the usual pressure

Originally posted by Boogiemaster View Post
    My wife has one year to go until her credit card debt with Capital one is statue barred.

The debt is owned by Lowell but she has credit resource solutions and Mackenzie hall chasing her for the the same debt.

She is just ignoring them as she wants to get it to statue barred status.

The letters start out nice then get a little more threatening then make us an offer to ccj if the debt is paid to pay by 23rd of this month.

The debt was £1000 but Lowell's have bumped it up to £2400 to get the wife to get mad at the increase and ring them up but she isn't falling for it.

They said they would accept £1000 but that was the amount she owed anyways cheeky sod.

Then another letter dropping it to £1400 from another company.

Would these two companies take her to court and if they did then they would have a hard time explaining why two companies were chasing her for the same debt?

I have had nearly every debt collection company going over twenty years and not one has ever taken me to court.

But I'm not sure about these two companies but threats don't scare us but she just wants to lay low.

Any suggestions?
    I'd not worry about it too much, for the small original amount then it's unlikely, however as it's in the last year they may well try and get clever - all I would suggest is see what happens and IF they do issue court papers then we'd look to request a CCA and then defend or you'd have to agree to settle, worse case would mean it'd not get SB'd - any CCJ would only be on her credit file for one month, so long as you paid / settled in that time.

Basically, i'd just see what happens - you won't be able to fight much based on two companies chasing you, technically the lender can get 10 companies involved if they wanted to waste money like that!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Default one year to go and debt collection agencies apply all the usual pressure

The wife isn't to bothered about Lowell or the other two companies.

She just said screw em as I'm not answering the letters.

If she has to go to court then then she will go but we are on income support and they won't even get a pound if its up to her.

She will just let it ride and see what happens but they won't get any money from the wife.

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by Boogiemaster View Post

Any suggestions?
        Have you considered emigrating to Scotland where the alleged debt would already be statute barred?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Have you considered emigrating to Scotland where the alleged debt would already be statute barred?
          Haha - but we both know that wouldn't matter as it counts from the place you lived as at the time you ran the account.... I suppose it may work if you lived down south then moved oop norf before you fell into arrears.....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Two debt collections agents chasing an alleged debt at the same time;
            Naughty!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
              Naughty!
              What else would one expect of the Leeds loonies?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Haha - but we both know that wouldn't matter as it counts from the place you lived as at the time you ran the account.... I suppose it may work if you lived down south then moved oop norf before you fell into arrears.....

Hrm really? because we did that lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                  Naughty!

I had 5 on my TSB accoutn!

Comment

Lowells stock of lemons gets bigger and bigger and bigger

Will try to mitigate losses by controlling world lemon stocks.

bet thats in the next set of accounts.

Garlok
                    Last edited by garlok; 19 June 2011, 18:32.

Comment

You mean they'll still be going next April?

I wouldn't worry. I often think we get bogged down in letter tennis when actually by far the best thing to do is just totally ignore everything.

If they ever come up with something worth responding to, then respond. Until that time maintain your silence!

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                        Lowells stock of lemons gets bigger and bigger and bigger

Will try to mitigate losses by controlling world lemon stocks.

bet thats in the next set of accounts.
                        I do wish they would just suck off.

Comment

Mackenzie hall has given the wife till the 23rd of June to pay the full amount.

The date will come and go and no payment shall be made.

So its just waiting for another letter and what plan of action they intend next?

Comment

Mucky Hall will probably do nothing, as they are known to be windbags.

Comment

Good for blowing up balloons then

Comment

Working...
                              X