GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script More than one account with same DCA at the same time - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More than one account with same DCA at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than one account with same DCA at the same time

Hello!

Just wondering if any cross-referencing goes on (as far as people know) with DCAs when they're "administering" more than one of your accounts for different creditors at the same time? Or whether they're to be thought of as being completely separate?

I'm guessing that given how terrible the admin is at most of these outfits, there's no reason to be concerned if say one DCA is dealing with three of your accounts at the same time ..?

Re: More than one account with same DCA at the same time

they sometimes try and merge them and/or cross reference them but all you do is stick to the relevant account reference and keep things separate at all times...
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Pip,

Its happened to me, and certainly seems a common approach these maggots use.
      The first letter i received when i defaulted with Sainsburys loans was from "Albion" - its actually the one in my Avatar photo in the paper shredder
      Interestingly, it was the first and last i had from these clowns!
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good-oh, thanks!

I'll double/triple check all the reference numbers (theirs and the OC's) when dealing with them and happily keep everything totally separate!

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
          Good-oh, thanks!

I'll double/triple check all the reference numbers (theirs and the OC's) when dealing with them and happily keep everything totally separate!
          that's the hammer Pip! I am sure they will get confused in amongst their own letters
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello!

Just wondering if any cross-referencing goes on (as far as people know) with DCAs when they're "administering" more than one of your accounts for different creditors at the same time? Or whether they're to be thought of as being completely separate?

I'm guessing that given how terrible the admin is at most of these outfits, there's no reason to be concerned if say one DCA is dealing with three of your accounts at the same time ..?
            Hi Pip,
            I have DCA Cabot "Holding" three of my alleged accounts, I get pestering letters for the individual accounts, but also had letters where they mention all three holding accounts, so in answer to your question I would say yes they are aware of how many they administer, but as niddy pointed out keep correspondence separate so they have to deal with them on an individual basis.

If nothing else it frustrates the hell out of them and prolongs the paper trail which ultimately may work in you're favour.

Comment

I often have more than one account from different creditors with the same DCA, and they still get them mixed up when they write back.

I would only be extra alert if a debt purchaser known to be fond of issuing SDs (Lowells, 1st Credit, Aktiv Kapital) decided to group debts together. This happened to me with Experto Credite and two MBNA accounts. You can't BR someone unless the debt is £750 or more so combining debts below that amount could be an option for them to reach the necessary limit

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                I get pestering letters for the individual accounts, but also had letters where they mention all three holding accounts
                Oooh -- interesting, thanks! Glad I asked the question; I hadn't heard it raised elsewhere and was curious. I imagine the amount of cross-referencing or not will vary with the DCA in question.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                  I often have more than one account from different creditors with the same DCA, and they still get them mixed up when they write back.

I would only be extra alert if a debt purchaser known to be fond of issuing SDs (Lowells, 1st Credit, Aktiv Kapital) decided to group debts together. This happened to me with Experto Credite and two MBNA accounts. You can't BR someone unless the debt is £750 or more so combining debts below that amount could be an option for them to reach the necessary limit
                  Cripes. They could force bankruptcy for something as little as £751?

Comment

Cripes. They could force bankruptcy for something as little as £751?
                    One would suggest common sense would prevail by any court/company if that close to £750?

Comment

Something like "Your honor, their having a bubble" should work, well a little bit better put lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        One would suggest common sense would prevail by any court/company if that close to £750?
                        or you send in a fiver
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                          Should do.

Saying that, the phrases "common sense" and "debt collector/creditor/court" are rarely used or seen together.

Comment

I think the original question will become alot more commonplace as time goes on due to the sort of thing Arrow and Experian have been up to.

http://www.arrowglobal.net/services/pcbprogramme.aspx.

I know the other two CRA's have been up to similar things. Also, and this can be seen by the selling of various DCA's, consolidation of the sector is the buzz word.

People with multiple accounts are going to find them placed more and more with less and less DCA's.

They seem to gloss over the significant uplift in collections they expect by saying compliance will be much better for the customer. End of the day extraction of more monies is what its all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              or you send in a fiver
                              genius :niddy

Comment

Working...
                              X