GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Red Debt Collection Services and Lowell Financial - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Debt Collection Services and Lowell Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Debt Collection Services and Lowell Financial

My partner has been being harassed by these parasites for a good few years now, despite her grandad calling them explaining what has happened, they keep sending out letters demanding payment for numerous catalogue accounts that were fraudulently taken out in her name, the letters stopped for a while due to her moving in with me but then they obtained our address somehow and sent out a phishing letter which I ignored (as we have done with all the letters) . But I've seriously had enough of it now its got alot worse in the past week, we have had 8 letters from them 2 of them both arrived on the same day probably shouldn't have done but I've thrown alot of them in the bin out of frustration.

The latest letter from red says:

Our Intentions

We have a copy of your credit file and are currently in the process of obtaining your employment details. Once we have this information, we will be in a position to make a decision as to whether to use the courts to recover what you owe; serve you with a Statutory Demand (if your account meets certain criteria) (which it won't because the amount is only for £519.06) or arrange a debt collection bla bla bla bla bla.

Goes on to say you can avoid further action by repaying and all that crap.

My question is what course of action should I take to get them to piss off? Should i continue to ignore them and let them carry on harassing us with these letters. Or shall I reply and ask for a copy of signed credit agreement which they won't have? The reason i have hesitated to do this is because it will confirm that my partner does actually live at this address. At the moment they can't be certain. I think anyway...

Re: Red Debt Collection Services and Lowell Financial

You could just ignore. As it's not your debt there is bugger all they can do, and any legal action could be defended.

Or get a crime number from actionfraud and dispute the debt?

Take it to the FOS if required which will cost Lowells £500 for the pleasure?

I personally would avoid CCA requests, as that just makes it look like it is your debt that you are unwilling to pay. Your dispute is more fundamental than that.

Is there anything on your credit files from this?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
      You could just ignore. As it's not your debt there is bugger all they can do, and any legal action could be defended.

Or get a crime number from actionfraud and dispute the debt?

Take it to the FOS if required which will cost Lowells £500 for the pleasure?

I personally would avoid CCA requests, as that just makes it look like it is your debt that you are unwilling to pay. Your dispute is more fundamental than that.

Is there anything on your credit files from this?
      Thanks rizzle I think I may take the actionfraud route, I am unsure what is on the credit files, would it be a good idea to check?

Comment

Originally posted by LifeOfRyan View Post
        Thanks rizzle I think I may take the actionfraud route, I am unsure what is on the credit files, would it be a good idea to check?
        If you are certain it's not her debt, then yes. You need to check to see whether Lowells have trashed her credit file.

However, if you have any doubt that this might be her debt, then a check may confirm the address.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
          If you are certain it's not her debt, then yes. You need to check to see whether Lowells have trashed her credit file.

However, if you have any doubt that this might be her debt, then a check may confirm the address.
          Well I am pretty certain she wouldn't lie to me. How exactly do I go about checking this file? Does it cost?

Comment

£2 from each CRA.

Equifax - Statutory Credit Report

Statutory Credit Report Experian UK

Free for life credit report - Noddle

Comment

Yup they have trashed it. 1/5 credit rating.

Comment

In that case, complain complain complain........

Page 19 onwards of this explains how http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public...flet_2005.ashx

Plus as said, state that you wish a final response under the FOS rules. Complain to the FOS after 8 weeks and it will cost Lowlifes £500.

Comment

Thank you rizzle, you have been most helpful

Comment

I see you've had a lot of help from Rizzle with this so I won't add anything further other than to wish you luck...which I'm sure you don't really need.

Let us know how you get on.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                    X