Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Crud

Hello again,

This post concerns an LTSB personal loan from late 2005 (around £18,000) which is in dispute and has been since May 2010, both a CCA request and a CPR 31.14 request (I was sent a notice of Intended Litigation and a Litigation Warning letter from Moorcroft and the latter from their off shoot Midas legal Services) neither of these requests were ever fulfilled. All I received from Moorcroft were some pages of LTSB screenshots purporting to be of the loan.

June 2010 I was sent a 50% Settlement offer from Moorcroft which I ignored

July & August 2010 Credit Security Limited tried their luck, I ignored

All went quiet until a couple of days ago when I received a letter from 1st Credit with an Account Assignment letter including a copy of a Notice of Assignment from LTSB (which was addressed to me).

Any advice on how I should proceed with this would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Re: 1st Crud

There have been loads of 1st Credit assignments from HBOS over the last week. Send a sold in dispute template to 1st Credit.

Best of luck ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks ever so much Never-In-Doubt

Comment

Hi again,

Update:

I didn't get around to posting the "Account in Dispute" letter until last week (I know, I have slapped myself). Anyway the day I finally sent it off, I received another letter from 1st Crud saying they are "considering" issuing County Court proceedings against me.

Luckily RM was ultra fast, the A.I.D letter to them sent by recorded delivery was signed for the very next day ( said signature printed off and safely filed with their threatograms).

LTSB must have given 1st Crud my telephone number (darned annoying as LTSB had assured me in writing some 3 years ago that it was removed from their system after I had sent a formal complaint about telephone harassment from them) . Anyway, 1st Crud must have rung around 6 times in the last couple of weeks, but all they got was the answer machine - we screen all calls.

They have gone quiet for now, wonder what will be next!

Thanks for reading

Comment

Thanks Flowerpower, I've had a read through and will keep checking back on that thread, atm, 1st crud has merely stated " County Court Proceedings Being Considered". I think this is just a scare tactic on their part tbh to get me to ring them, which of course I have no intentions of doing! I will wait and see what they send next.

The way I see it, if they want to chance their luck in Court for a CCJ against me, they will have to produce a certified copy of the credit agreement, the "Carey" method won't cut it at the end of the day. Obviously if they try to issue an SD that will be a different kettle of fish, but we'll see! Thanks again

Comment

1st crud took me to court before I discovered this site, but as you now have the ball in your court by requesting this CCA they will probably just settle for annoying you with letters unless they can get a legit CCA.

Good luck.

Comment

ps this certified copy you mention.

What is that? I think you're barking up a banana tree

They can take you to court with a recon. Whether they will or not is another matter but do not get clever; this firm actually follow up such threats so complacency is a rather daft mistake.

I'd follow the thread pointed out to you and bin this one as its the same as the rest and I don't want 500 1st credit threads when they're all the same
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks vossy

Never-In-Doubt , apologies I have obviously worded that wrongly! However, from what I’ve read, the Carey judgement allowed a recon CA for the defence as it was the alleged debtor that brought the Court action through a claims management company I believe? What I was trying to say was 1st Crud would have to present a true copy IF they took ME to Court. As I won’t be the one taking them to Court, I don’t see how I have become complacent, that would be the last thing I’d do, trust me.

Please feel free to delete this thread if you feel it is unwarranted, I came on for advice, I thought the idea was to have your own thread per topic and not butt in others?

Comment

Originally posted by reallyhadenough View Post
                  Thanks vossy

Never-In-Doubt , apologies I have obviously worded that wrongly! However, from what I’ve read, the Carey judgement allowed a recon CA for the defence as it was the alleged debtor that brought the Court action through a claims management company I believe? What I was trying to say was 1st Crud would have to present a true copy IF they took ME to Court. As I won’t be the one taking them to Court, I don’t see how I have become complacent, that would be the last thing I’d do, trust me.

Please feel free to delete this thread if you feel it is unwarranted, I came on for advice, I thought the idea was to have your own thread per topic and not butt in others?
                  Hiya

What I actually meant (sorry if it came across differently) was that 1st Credit do take action, rather quickly as well so whatever you do don't get clever with them as they'll cause you a world of hassle which you can do without - however if you follow the guidance from here you'll usually be fine.

1st Credit are not your typical DCA - they play hardball so always be on your guard - by that I mean don't presume Carey saves you, it actually won't do you many favours unless they try and send a recon in which case we use Carey to establish what they CAN and CANNOT do.

From your comments about CMC's and who starts action, you're looking way too deep into things and missing the fundamental points such as, do they have a signed agreement? Do they have the terms that were issued at the time you took the agreement out?

Anything else at this stage is quite irrelevant, hence the guidance here is to send off for a CCA which also protects you in that they cannot start formalising the debt whilst there is a valid CCA request outstanding.

Regards the threads, sure start your own but do it like a diary and not a general rant as we have a thread for that - what I am trying to do is to manage the recent influx of 1st Credit stuff into that one condensed thread as you're all in the same boat, with the same threats so instead of me (and others) linking from post to post it makes sense to have all the info in one place.

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I am going to post in the UE diaries as you've suggested

Comment

1st Crud - are they not a domant company??? if so tax office might be interested?????
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Gangshield but sadly that is not the case mores the pity!

I’ve just checked companies house and 1st credit Limited company status is “active” however, 1st Credit (Consulting) Limited is dormant, status shows as “dissolved” in 2010.

Comment

1st credit is fully regulated and licensed. Let's not go there.

Comment

Originally posted by reallyhadenough View Post
                            Thanks Gangshield but sadly that is not the case mores the pity!

I’ve just checked companies house and 1st credit Limited company status is “active” however, 1st Credit (Consulting) Limited is dormant, status shows as “dissolved” in 2010.

Ah! sorted, thanks for putting that one right. another incorrect info from an another site , begins with C.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by GANGSHIELD View Post
                              Ah! sorted, thanks for putting that one right. another incorrect info from an another site , begins with C.
                              Oooh yea that'll be the CRAPPY forum then

Comment

Working...
                              X